Skip to content

[MOD] Trials of the Luremaster for BG2:EE

Comments

• BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    argent77 wrote: »
    Blash wrote: »
    @Blash Thanks for the report.

From what I can see, this conflict cannot be solved by TotLM without making the optional component "Make IWD spells available to the player" obsolete.
    DavidW stated in another topic that he doesn't intend to 'fix' that kind of conflict in SCS. I agree with his suggestion to install the IWD spell components from SCS before TotLM. It should resolve most if not all spell conflicts.

Hi @argent77
    Back in the day, I remember trying all the possible solutions (including every possible mod order) but unfortunately Trial of the Luremaster always ended up in messing my characters' spellbooks.
    Unfortunately I don't precisely remember the details of the problem because it had been analyzed on Roxanne's forum that is no longer online. I remember though, that it caused Jaheira to miss some spells in her spellbook.
    Since I'm starting a new playthrough in the near future, do you think after 3 years the problem has been solved?
    I need to know if I can install TotLM, SCS, IWDification etc. with no problems.

The quoted issue was already solved in version 2.0 of TotLM. But I'd still recommend to install SCS's spell component and/or IWDification before TotLM, just to be on the safe side. Apart from that issue I haven't heard about other mod conflicts yet.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try, provided I quickly remember how to correctly detect the potential problem.

From what I can see, this conflict cannot be solved by TotLM without making the optional component "Make IWD spells available to the player" obsolete.
    DavidW stated in another topic that he doesn't intend to 'fix' that kind of conflict in SCS. I agree with his suggestion to install the IWD spell components from SCS before TotLM. It should resolve most if not all spell conflicts.

Hi @argent77
    Back in the day, I remember trying all the possible solutions (including every possible mod order) but unfortunately Trial of the Luremaster always ended up in messing my characters' spellbooks.
    Unfortunately I don't precisely remember the details of the problem because it had been analyzed on Roxanne's forum that is no longer online. I remember though, that it caused Jaheira to miss some spells in her spellbook.
    Since I'm starting a new playthrough in the near future, do you think after 3 years the problem has been solved?

The quoted issue was already solved in version 2.0 of TotLM. But I'd still recommend to install SCS's spell component and/or IWDification before TotLM, just to be on the safe side. Apart from that issue I haven't heard about other mod conflicts yet.

Another thing.. Is it possible it conflicted with DSotSC wizard spells and priest spells components? I remember not having them in my spellbook with TotLM installed, but three years have passed and maybe I don't recall correctly..
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433

Hi @argent77

Another thing.. Is it possible it conflicted with DSotSC wizard spells and priest spells components? I remember not having them in my spellbook with TotLM installed, but three years have passed and maybe I don't recall correctly..

New spells from other mods shouldn't cause any problems, as long as they are not directly derived from IWD spells. IWDification and SCS's spell components are special because they specifically install IWD spells.

I haven't played DSotSC yet. From a quick test installation I could make out two potentially overlapping priest spells, however: "Cure Moderate Wounds" and "Cause Disease". The first spell appears to be misspelled, as it's labeled "Cause Moderate Wounds" in SPELL.IDS instead, which might cause issues in combat scripts that use this spell (not only in TotLM). The second spell, "Cause Disease", seems to differ in the assigned spell school, exclusion flags, and some minor variances of the spell effect, but should perform similarly, otherwise.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited March 2023
    Note that installing the DSotSC-Trilogy spell components after IWDification and ToTLM is fine, because DSotSC will let the IWDification/TotLM spell counterparts stay as-is in that case (IWDification covers the Cure/Cause Moderate Wounds situation).

Hi @argent77

New spells from other mods shouldn't cause any problems, as long as they are not directly derived from IWD spells. IWDification and SCS's spell components are special because they specifically install IWD spells.

I haven't played DSotSC yet. From a quick test installation I could make out two potentially overlapping priest spells, however: "Cure Moderate Wounds" and "Cause Disease". The first spell appears to be misspelled, as it's labeled "Cause Moderate Wounds" in SPELL.IDS instead, which might cause issues in combat scripts that use this spell (not only in TotLM). The second spell, "Cause Disease", seems to differ in the assigned spell school, exclusion flags, and some minor variances of the spell effect, but should perform similarly, otherwise.

Are you saying that Cause Moderate Wounds cures them instead? 🤔 And that with both mods installed I could end up having two different Cause Disease spells in my spellbook?

The spells problem anyway might be of interest to some mod mantainers as @GraionDilach and @jastey
    Or at least I strongly hope so, since I want to install both mods 😁
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited March 2023
    If you install the IWDification spells before DSotSC-Trilogy's spell components, you will end up with the IWDification version of Cause Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds and Cause Disease and no duplicates. I'm not sure if Cause Disease should be updated, but DSotSC letting other spells taking precedence akin to A7-ToTLM-BGEE was one of the main reasons for the DSotSC Trilogy 4.2 version.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I'm interested in resolving any potential incompatibilities, but I have no idea about spells etcpp.
    edited March 2023
    If you install the IWDification spells before DSotSC-Trilogy's spell components, you will end up with the IWDification version of Cause Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds and Cause Disease and no duplicates. I'm not sure if Cause Disease should be updated, but DSotSC letting other spells taking precedence akin to A7-ToTLM-BGEE was one of the main reasons for the DSotSC Trilogy 4.2 version.

That's interesting, thanks.
    So, the right install order of SCS, IWDification, DSotSC and TotLM should solve any potential problem.

According to the following document, the correct install order is DSotSC, IWDification, SCS, TotLM:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vislrHkbvsqlN0m5jtDxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit?usp=sharing
    Post edited by Blash on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    IWDification has the newest and best IWD spells component.
    Endarire wrote: »
    IWDification has the newest and best IWD spells component.

Yes, that's what I thought.

So the install order listed here is wrong?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vislrHkbvsqlN0m5jtDxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit?usp=sharing
    Or, DSotSC gives precedence anyway even if it's installed first?
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2023
    If I have IWD1_EET and IWD2_EET installed it would be ill-advised to install Trail of the Luremaster too?

Map of the IWD1_EET and IWD2_EET locations:

k4blt5jrk239.png

Post edited by zelazko on
    zelazko wrote: »
    If I have IWD1_EET and IWD2_EET installed it would be ill-advised to install Trail of the Luremaster too?

I haven't tried out IWD1_EET yet, so I can't tell from my own experience. But I have seen other players use both mods together without (apparent) issues. You would probably have to install IWD1_EET first to make them work together correctly.
    edited April 2023
    Will there be duplicate content?
    You would probably have to install IWD1_EET first to make them work together correctly.

Yep/ IWD1/2 is very explicit and wants to be installed right after EET Core component.
    If IWD1 in EET from tipun is installed before Trials of the Luremaster for EET, what bugs and duplicated content should we expect?

Thankee!
    Will there be duplicate content?
    If IWD1 in EET from tipun is installed before Trials of the Luremaster for EET, what bugs and duplicated content should we expect?

That question is better asked to someone who has played both mods already. Subtledoctor over at the G3 Forums currently does a megamod run and documents his progress in regular intervals. He can probably answer that question better than me.

But theoretically this mod should replace the TotLM content from IWD1_EET, since both mods use the same assets and scripting from IWD without major modifications.
    edited April 2023
    So I installed this in top to down order:

tipun's IWD1_EET
    tipun's IWD2_EET
    tipun's Icewind_EET
    subtledoctor IWD-EET-Integration mod
    Argent77's TotLM-in-BG2EE

Subtledoctor don't recommed to install HoW_EET-001 and 150 component 9f his integration mod.

A new version is available: Trials of the Luremaster for Baldur's Gate v3.1

This version improves compatibility with tipun's IWD-in-EET if both mods are installed together.

Full changelog:
    • Added official support for Tipun's IWD-in-EET (see compatibility section of the readme for more details).
    • Subcomponent "Rebalance weapons and equipment": Added more details about rebalanced items to the readme.
    • Fixed item stacking in Bag of Holding from the Banite adventurers.
    • Fixed return location when the quest is started in Saradush.
    • Fixed mislabeled spell names in SoD.
    • Compatibility improvements with Iwdification.
    • Updated Italian translation (thanks Aedan).
    @argent77
    I had in my notes that TotLM for EET should be installed after Tweaks Anthology. Is this true and if so, why?

Thankee!
    @argent77
    I had in my notes that TotLM for EET should be installed after Tweaks Anthology. Is this true and if so, why?

No, that's not true. You're probably confusing it with another mod of mine.
    How does the update fare with the subtledoctoe idw eet integration mod?
    How does the update fare with the subtledoctoe idw eet integration mod?

Subtledoctor's idw eet integration doesn't affect this mod, tipun's IWD1_EET does. Or did. Version 3.1 of this mod (see above) should have fixed all glaring (and most non-glaring) compatibility issues.
  • SaralainSaralain Member Posts: 8
    Is it possible to play this mod twice on the same playthrough, once in SoD and again in SoA?
    I really enjoy it and would like to see it at different difficulties.
    Saralain wrote: »
    Is it possible to play this mod twice on the same playthrough, once in SoD and again in SoA?
    I really enjoy it and would like to see it at different difficulties.

No, that's not possible. The whole quest progress, current map states, journal entries and other stuff is stored in your saved game, which cannot be undone without the use of a savegame editor.

Btw, to get the most out of the mod (NPC banters and interjections, etc.) I would recommend to start the quest in BG2.
  • SaralainSaralain Member Posts: 8
    The whole quest progress, current map states, journal entries and other stuff is stored in your saved game, which cannot be undone without the use of a savegame editor.

- Is this information stored even when importing a character from SoD into SoA?
    - What is the name of the global that tracks the Luremaster quest progress? I could just delete the global in SK and make the game forget I was ever there, right?

I did play it several times in SoA now, and I really loved it. Was just curious to see the SoD version on my next playthrough of the series :)
    Importing characters into a new game is fine.

Resetting variables is not enough to undo the quest. You would also have to remove all visited areas, stores and journal entries from the saved game.
  • dunehunterdunehunter Member Posts: 10
    @argent77 Hi I'm playing with this mod and I have some issue with the IWD spells added.

1. Static Charge is not working atm, so if i cast the spell, there will be a icon on my portrait but no damage happens at all.
    2. Mordenkain's Force Missile, this doesn't scale as described, my Neera who is lvl 25 shall have 7 missile but after a few tests, only 1-2 missile is fired to target.
    edited July 2023
    dunehunter wrote: »
    @argent77 Hi I'm playing with this mod and I have some issue with the IWD spells added.

1. Static Charge is not working atm, so if i cast the spell, there will be a icon on my portrait but no damage happens at all.
    2. Mordenkain's Force Missile, this doesn't scale as described, my Neera who is lvl 25 shall have 7 missile but after a few tests, only 1-2 missile is fired to target.

Thanks for the report.

Static Charge is indeed buggy and misses a crucial subspell. The projectile for Mordenkain's Force Missile uses an EE -specific feature which isn't properly installed by this mod. Both issues will be fixed in the next release.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    edited September 2023
    Hi argent77, i uploaded a partial translation to brazilian portuguese, i wont upload a full one since it's a lot of stuff but the installer/bg2ee dialogs are translated, i'd have submitted a pull request on github but i cant create a folder named "brazilian portuguese" to upload the files there. I changed the encoding of the installer's file to UTF-8 given the problems that the last translation i sent to you caused:

https://ufile.io/ktda5zoc

Edit - i forgot to say i found a problem after the final battle: 3 of the 6 ppl of my group died during the battle and their portraits disappeared after the last boss died together with their equipment. I quit the game and loaded it again and their portraits are back but not their equipment.

Another problem is that hobart doesnt identify everything so you end up with several items you dont know for what they are useful. Would be a problem for you/the balance of the game if this changed?

For those wanting to play the game a good advice: do it on Baldur's Gate 2, otherwise you'll suffer A LOT during the game. Go to the trials on level 16 or bigger. :P
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    Hi argent77, i uploaded a partial translation to brazilian portuguese, i wont upload a full one since it's a lot of stuff but the installer/bg2ee dialogs are translated, i'd have submitted a pull request on github but i cant create a folder named "brazilian portuguese" to upload the files there. I changed the encoding of the installer's file to UTF-8 given the problems that the last translation i sent to you caused

Thank you for the translation.

Good thing you didn't translate the lines from iwdee.tra yet. I'm using a tool for that to automatically import these lines from the original game, which reduces the work to a couple of text adjustments. I'll tell you more via PM.

About the issues you encountered:
    In the final battle some of the opponents are able to use lethal spells which can chunk your party members (and possibly destroy some equipment in the process). Having some kind of death protection is useful in this fight.

About Hobart not identifying everything sounds like another mod changed the Lore value of his store (possibly an option from Tweaks Anthology).

Otherwise yes, the adventure is meant to be a challenge to piss you off test your mettle. It is possible to complete it in SoD, but probably only if you cheese some encounters.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    Thank you for the translation.

You're welcome.
    Good thing you didn't translate the lines from iwdee.tra yet. I'm using a tool for that to automatically import these lines from the original game, which reduces the work to a couple of text adjustments. I'll tell you more via PM.

You mean A LOT of text adjustments, the translations of the Beamdog's games suck, i know because i'm registred as a translator and i saw the AWFUL work done there.
    About the issues you encountered:
    In the final battle some of the opponents are able to use lethal spells which can chunk your party members (and possibly destroy some equipment in the process). Having some kind of death protection is useful in this fight.

I see, i didnt know there was magic that could destroy your equipment, but the problem is: the equipment wasnt destroyed, i saw everything on the ground while the quick loot was active.
    About Hobart not identifying everything sounds like another mod changed the Lore value of his store (possibly an option from Tweaks Anthology).

The only mod i got here aside yours is the "Lefreut's UI SOD Mod", so i dont believe it's the cause. ;)
    Otherwise yes, the adventure is meant to be a challenge to piss you off test your mettle. It is possible to complete it in SoD, but probably only if you cheese some encounters.

I finished it aside all problems. ;)

A thing that annoyed me was the fact that Rikasha helps you to escape but you cant talk to him to do the same, surely an oversight from the original devs i believe. :/