Skip to content

BG2: "Not enough Disk Space to Save Game"

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
So I decided to take a break from my BG1 run to play BG2 but when starting the game I was greeted with the phrase "Not enough disk space to save the game" and some files listed as "Invalid" with a series of numbers next to them. My BG1 game is just fine, I'm not certain what is going on. Could someone help me? I'm posting this on both forums

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ZaramMaldovar, a couple of Qs first... what platform are you running the game on, what version is the game and are you running any mods.

If you are on Windows 10/11, where is the game installed? If it is anywhere in the \Programs folder, than it may be that is the problem (MS have protected that part of the drive). Try copying the BG2EE folder to another outside of the \Programs folder (like \Games\BG2EE) and see what happens then. Run using Baldur.exe.

What virus protection are you running? This could also present some problems. If the above didn't work, then try temporarily disabling it and run the game.

That is a couple of quick ones. If they don't work, we can try more once we have the info above.

Good Luck
    Gus
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    I have in Users-(My Name)/Beamdog Library and I've got Windows 11. I know for a fact that's there's space left on my computer, plenty of it. So I'm not really sure what's going on
    Try copy it to another folder anyway just to see what happens. Also, you didn't mention mods or AV? Can you see the Save game folder in Documents folder?

Cheers
    Gus
    @Gusinda
    I think I solved the problem by reinstalling my game, I'll keep you updated
    That's good news.

Happy gaming
    Gus
    @Gusinda
    Everything is A-ok!