Skip to content

shape shifting leaves permanent effect rubbish

reko35reko35 Member Posts: 17
I didn't discover this until I looked into the 'effect' page in eekeeper. Whenever I shape shift, a effect is added as a flag to remove the target weapon, e.g. a bear claw. Transforming back or resting doesn't remove it, and every shifting adds a new one instead of overwrites the old one.
It may not affect the play-through, but makes me unconfortable. Anyway to solve this problem?sib32udfylay.jpg
Post edited by reko35 on

Comments

• reko35reko35 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2023
    It turns out that shape shifting is not the only way to leave effect rubbish. Hit by basilisk under the protection from pertrification also increases PERMANENT and useless effects.
    At the beginning of the game, quick save is QUICK. Then it becomes slower and slower. I believe the rubbish contributes a lot.
    0od24kf7hgko.jpg
    hoaehn56pmaq.jpg
    Post edited by reko35 on
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    What version of things are you playing?

In current BGEE, druid polymorphs have "polymorph" and "create weapon" effects with large finite duration. Neither the shapeshifts nor the natural form abilities have delayed "remove weapon" effects.

Also in current BGEE, basilisk gaze attacks have paralyzation (opcode 109) effects, but those are conditioned on "inanimate" allegiance, which an active party member definitely won't have; those should slide right off and leave no lingering effects.
    edited May 2023
    jmerry wrote: »

In current BGEE, druid polymorphs have "polymorph" and "create weapon" effects with large finite duration. Neither the shapeshifts nor the natural form abilities have delayed "remove weapon" effects.

Also in current BGEE, basilisk gaze attacks have paralyzation (opcode 109) effects, but those are conditioned on "inanimate" allegiance, which an active party member definitely won't have; those should slide right off and leave no lingering effects.

It's 2.5.17 for bgee. And my memory was wrong, this problem didn't happen in bg2ee(2.6.6) as I believed. I thought 2.5 was enough up-to-date and should be nearly the same as the current version. Thank you.
    Post edited by reko35 on
    reko35 wrote: »
    jmerry wrote: »

It's 2.5.17 for bgee. And my memory was wrong, this problem didn't happen in bg2ee(2.6.6) as I believed. I thought 2.5 was enough up-to-date and should be nearly the same as the current version. Thank you.

I updated the game to 2.6.6 but both problems are still the same. Any idea in what file can I check the scripts?
    Found another rubbish maker. Kiel's helmet's boots morale effect is 'permanent' instead of 'while equiped'. The result is accumulated rubbish.
    mqe4sscxbxpa.jpg
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    That morale-setting effect is "permanent", but so is every other instance of that opcode, such as "Remove Fear" spells. With the timing mode they use, they should be setting stats rather than leaving any effects behind.

There is clearly something buggy with your installation. And with all the mods you definitely have (Edwin wearing a helmet?), I have no idea what broke things.