Skip to content

BGEE Dark Side of the Sword Coast Not Working

gentlebimgentlebim Member Posts: 18
I am either stupid or my phone is rebelling. I can't figure out which. I installed Dark Side of the Sword Coast on my PC and then used the directions I found elsewhere on the forum to move it to my android. It's all corrupted. Every new thing just gives me an error message.
SO... Is Dark Side of the Sword Coast compatible with BGEE on android? I don't want to keep trying to make it work if it never will.
Thanks!
Post edited by gentlebim on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Are you asking for BG:EE or NWN:EE? I am confused.
    If a mod in BG:EE only gives you error messages instead of new texts there is two possibilities:
    -You need to install DLC Merger before you install the first mod (for PC version this would be for BG:SoD from GOG or Steam).
    -You are playing the game in a different language than the one you installed the mods to. -> switch to the game language the mods are installed in.
  • gentlebimgentlebim Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2022
    jastey wrote: »
    Are you asking for BG:EE or NWN:EE? I am confused.
    If a mod in BG:EE only gives you error messages instead of new texts there is two possibilities:
    -You need to install DLC Merger before you install the first mod (for PC version this would be for BG:SoD from GOG or Steam).
    -You are playing the game in a different language than the one you installed the mods to. -> switch to the game language the mods are installed in.

I'm talking about BGEE. I was just referencing that both are giving me a headache (I was irritated when I wrote this. LOL).
    I used a version of BGEE with NO SOD. Do I still need the DLC Merger? The instructions said I didn't, but they aren't always the clearest.
    I should clarify, that I'm attempting to add it to BGEE on Android. I followed all of the instructions, but still get the errors.
    Post edited by gentlebim on
    You shouldn't need the DLC Mrger then.
    I am no help with Android I'm afraid. The game language is the only wild guess I can think of.
    jastey wrote: »
    You shouldn't need the DLC Mrger then.
    I am no help with Android I'm afraid. The game language is the only wild guess I can think of.

Well, I appreciate you anyway. Thanks, anyway!
    Update:
    It worked! All I had to do was install it exactly the same way for the 10th time, apparently... LOL
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    Good to know. The Android wizard on this site is Gusinda - he is super helpful. You can tag him if you run into more problem.
    Sweet! Thanks, @StummvonBordwehr
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2023
    Every time I try to load the new areas (besides the very first one) I get an infinite loop that does nothing.
    @Wulcy Support thread for DSotSC (BG:EE version) is here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73241/mod-dark-side-of-the-sword-coast-for-bg-ee/p1
    And you'd need to describe your problem and setup a bit more detailed.