Skip to content

Unpinning the announcements here

So, I realize there's probably an actual forum feedback somewhere but damn if I'm going to find out where it might be so I'll drop it here since this is the relevant section.

Here's a pet peeve of mine with the Dragonspear portion of this forum especially:

The whole front page is filled with irrelevant, outdated announcements that stay pinned at the top from one year to another. The only thing in there that has staying relevancy is the thread "get your manuals here"
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49871/get-your-siege-of-dragonspear-manuals-here#latest

Everything else in there at this point is just a staying obstruction to see what's actually being discussed on the forum and the only reason that thread has some weight at this point is because the "field report" aka Dragonspear manual does not appear on the BG:EE steam page while the Adventurer's Guide does. Hell, the links to the Adventurer's Guide and Sword Coast Survival Guide in that pinned thread don't even work anymore!

I thought I'd make a request to consider what is being kept as a pin / announcement on the forums. A lot of that stuff has not been relevant in years and is only in the way at this point on top of the amount of pins on this forum in particular being kind of ridiculous to begin with.

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Just in case you are not aware, you can click the "edit" button of the announcements and "dismiss" them to unpin them for you personally. Sorry if this was not your point.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    I actually did not know this. Thank you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited May 2023
    I've reviewed the pinned threads just now and won't make any changes. Please use the suggestion @jastey posted.