Skip to content

Can Anyone Recommend Any Newer Quest Mods For The Saga, Especially BGI:EE?

Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
Mostly extra side quests, that are separate from the main story. New areas and cities, are very welcome, along with combat (instead of trap) heavy dungeons. I'm looking for recommendations that add quests that stay true to the theme of the games, and aren't too wacky or jarring. The only mod I'm using in regards to the main story is the Skie mod, that finishes her SOD story in BGII:EE.

Comments

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Was that supposed to be BGI or BGII? In both cases Lava's other mods (it seems like you're using the Skie mod right now) are good- Shades of the Sword Coast for BGI and many for BGII, but particularly the Athkatlan Grounds set (the Colors of Infinity ones are a little more on the weird end)
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    For BGEE I wholeheartedly recommend Shades of the Sword Coast and Balduran's Seatower.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    +1 to Lava del Vortel's mods.

I'm also a fan of Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC) and Northern Tales of the Sword Coast - if you're OK with newer versions of older mods.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    Jastey's overhauls of (the dungeon-crawling heavy) DSotSC and NTotSC mods are very much worth it. Stone of Askavar is also pretty decent. The NPC Project adds a couple of well-written side quests too.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Regarding the Seatower mod, every time I attempt to download it the file comes without an installer. I just attempted it again about a minute ago, V 8.8. 90 meg, no setup file.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Seatower mod is here. Download the zip. https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/quests/baldurans-seatower/
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is there Jastey. Using your link took me to the same place I downloaded the last file. This time I downloaded this pack; bs-baldurans-seatower-veaob.8.iemod Same outcome. Unzip it to anywhere you like, no WEIDU installer.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited May 2023
    The .iemod packages do not contain the installer. Download the zip.
    EDIT: A little more explanation, I mean the "bs-baldurans-seatower-veaob.8.zip" package.
    The .iemod packages are for Project Infinity which works with an own weidu installer.
    Roger,
    Cheers Jastey