Skip to content

Mage's Quest: The contest

VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
I've been looking all over Amn to find the items for this quest...but, I have had no success. Does anyone know of a guide or could tell me where they're located? The hints sadly don't do much for me I am afraid...

Thank you in advance if anyone can help!

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Would you give a little more details which mage's quest you are talking about? Maybe I'm not familiar with it because I never played BGII as a mage but it sounds a bit vague. Is it related to the sphere stronghold?
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2023
    Ah, Sorry. I don't remember what mod install this...but, let me write down what the quest says...

"A mage named Pietro told us about a contest that he was running, and we correctly answered the first riddle he presented. After a few minutes of explanation we agreed to enter the contest. We have been given a scroll with another riddle...on the scroll is written a poem which tells us about four items, all located in Athkatla. We have (3) days to find them. I can't help but wonder what the prize will be..."

The quest is given from a gnome in the government district who is slightly a ways away from where the "wine collector" quest npc is standing (who I believe is from the mod "the white queen")
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    It's from Tales of the Deep Gardens. There should be a walkthrough in the documents folder, in that mod's folder.
    Items for the next riddle (poem) can be found in these places:
    Skull - Deep Tombs (in the area south from domain of Pai'na). Attention! In chapter 6 the skeleton can be also found in Bodhi's Lair near the books about vampirism.
    Heart - South-west corner of Temples
    Scalp - West from Copper Cornet
    Wine - Barney in Five Flagons Inn. Attention! Because sometimes there are problems with appearing Barney in the Five Flagons I added the wine to Bel's store outside of Five Flagons Inn.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    It's from Tales of the Deep Gardens. There should be a walkthrough in the documents folder, in that mod's folder.
    Items for the next riddle (poem) can be found in these places:
    Skull - Deep Tombs (in the area south from domain of Pai'na). Attention! In chapter 6 the skeleton can be also found in Bodhi's Lair near the books about vampirism.
    Heart - South-west corner of Temples
    Scalp - West from Copper Cornet
    Wine - Barney in Five Flagons Inn. Attention! Because sometimes there are problems with appearing Barney in the Five Flagons I added the wine to Bel's store outside of Five Flagons Inn.

Thank you! I completely forgot to check the mod folder for a readme. Much appreciated for the info.