Skip to content

Servers down?

2»

Comments

• ArithonMArithonM Member Posts: 5
    The Beamdog master server is back up again and we can log into our PW.
  • ArithonMArithonM Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2023
    Aethereal wrote: »
    ArithonM wrote: »
    Kushion wrote: »
    Is this why I'm getting the "Attempting To Recover Your Multiplayer CD Key. Receipt receieved. Verifying purchase." infinite loop?

Yes. The Beamdog Master Authentication server is down, so when you try to log in your CD Key can not be verified.

This happened many years ago when EA eventually switched off the authentication server for NWN1. Hopefully this is just an example of poor IT support rather than something similar.

It could be the beginning of the end. Regardless of whether it is or not, t's always wise to have contingencies in place to minimise disruption.

Having migrated our module from NWN1 to NWN:EE we've already got our in-game authentication system embedded within our module ready to go.

At least with the option to switch the masterserver.key-authentication from "always" to "if-available" we can switch to an alternate authentication system in the future if required (hopefully not).

Happy to share the system we came up with for our PW if it is ever required.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Once in blue moon, meh. But twice within a 24 hour period? That's a called a trend.

What's going on up there in Edmonton, @JuliusBorisov ? Something we should know?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The underlying issues will only be resolved once the master server is moved to new hosting. We'll be targeting this until the end of the year.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    The underlying issues will only be resolved once the master server is moved to new hosting. We'll be targeting this until the end of the year.

Thanks for staying in touch with us. It's a tad disappointing that it'll take so long before we have a reliable master server, but I presume you must know what you're doing and why.
  • NuresameNuresame Member Posts: 3
    Also getting that message.
    I am getting the same message as well.
    It has mildly improved in so much as you don't get that specific error.
  • McLaineMcLaine Member Posts: 6
    Seems to be happening again as I speak.
  • RebukeRebuke Member Posts: 1
    Once again, unable to retrieve server master list from api.nwn.beamdog.net. Shine some light on that potato please!
  • randywandyrandywandy Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2023
    Sorry to point the bitter truth but this is such a lousy solution. SPOF on something so trivial as server list, hosted on unsupervised servers that go down every few months and won't be back until someone is in office to fix. Cost of reliably hosting a 320kb file is hardly an issue in 2023, you can outsource it on clouds and never see it down. Is it going to be down until Moday? Just as week's peak hours begin? Not to mention it is not the first time happening, lessons not learned. I love your work on the oldies but this issue shows evident neglect.
  • Can confirm that the master server appears to be down.
  • AlgarAlgar Member Posts: 2
    Hi, it seems to be down, at the moment
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks, we're working on it.
    The problem should be now resolved. Thanks for the quick reporting and bearing with us.

In the meantime, we'll try to address the issue on a broader scale so that these hiccups stop happening.
  • AlgarAlgar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Beamdog :)

I don"t know if it's just me but api to get server list is getting slower every day. 10sec to retrieve 300kb.

It's has been getting worse over the last few days. Am i the only one ?