Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81

Comments

• TheDoctorFatTheDoctorFat Member Posts: 3
    So far I'm loving this but I do have one small request, could you switch the positions of the "Save" and "Load" buttons and also the "Load" and "Cancel" buttons when loading a game?
    wyfaei10wjkj.jpgchlavci436wz.jpg
  • gr8john6gr8john6 Member Posts: 2
    EEEx timer modules don't seem to display in Modern UI mode. Is this something just hasn't been implemented?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,195
    @TheDoctorFat thanks, I'm not planning to do those changes, but you can do it yourself. Open UI.menu file in the override and switch coordinates in area field in these buttons:
    j4v77r0dzsr1.png

@gr8john6 it hasn't been implemented yet, but it will be in the future.
    Hello everyone, thanks for continuing interest. Some RL stuff has caught my attention lately and I won't be able to work on this for some time. The work will continue after it's done, don't worry :)

To leave on a bright side, this is a snippet of the new functionality I've been working on past months.
    ro63tfj8rr9q.png
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    This is crazy good! Kudos, Pecca :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Turn-based mode?
    No no no, just NPC bar.
    Just checking. It reminded me of various turn-based RPGs where initiative was at the top.

Still, what say you to making an initiative list at the top with PCs & NPCs so players know who's next? I'm unsure how useful that is considering this is D&D 2e.

Thankee!
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2023
    It's more to see the hp of the npcs and active spells they have as well as their duration.

By the way, will there be an option not to see the hps of the pnjs but an estimation linked to their state (Unharmed, wounded, dying)?

in any case it looks great, it's always been complicated to keep track of the 10,000 active spells on spell casters.
    As an aside, there's the BG2 Radar Overlay for tracking effects on creatures, but that's a separate program.
  • YunieYunie Member Posts: 44
    Pecca wrote: »
    Hello everyone, thanks for continuing interest. Some RL stuff has caught my attention lately and I won't be able to work on this for some time. The work will continue after it's done, don't worry :)

To leave on a bright side, this is a snippet of the new functionality I've been working on past months.
    ro63tfj8rr9q.png

Looking great!

Where do you get these portraits? Are those manually assigned?
    edited July 2023
    The feature is based on the Creatures Radar Menu by @shadowlich ,who share his code with me. I made it a bar instead of menu, but it is still possible to show all creature properties on hotkey.
    shadowlich wrote: »
    The Creatures Radar Menu, look at Sion...
    0n4d3gs6q5o8.jpg
    Yunie wrote: »
    Where do you get these portraits? Are those manually assigned?

AI generated mostly, assigned for each sprite, not touching cre files.

What do those numbers next to the unit names mean like "Aerie 51?" (Is that an Area 51 joke?)

Thankee!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,717
    @Pecca
    I made it a bar instead of menu
    Is the whole radar / bar optional? :)
  • amkitamkit Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2023
    I'm seeing a few errors in Infinity Loader related to this mod (the last one for sure, and the other two I think because they say menu in the error messages.

Compatibility issues with the EEEX version? with other mods? It's an EET install with Project Infinity. I can provide weidu if needed.

First is on loading the game EDIT: The Invalid token [createCharScreen] is from turning on the SCS option for Thieves assign skill points in multiples of 5. Still no idea what the error loading menu is.
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: Pre-gen party
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: *
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 1
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 2
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 3
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 4
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 5
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 6
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 7
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 8
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: 9
    INFO: Invalid token in menu: [createCharScreen] on line 31162, character 1
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: Recent events text will go here.
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: Unlock dragging
    INFO: Error loading menu: [string "function onopen0000000009968BD0 () ..."]:34: unexpected symbol near ','
    INFO: LUA: Initializing Quests

Next is constant spam in character creation.
    INFO: [string "menu"]:76: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
            return debug.traceback():1: in main chunk
            =[C]: in function '__concat'
            menu:76: in function <[string "menu"]:65>
            (...tail calls...)
    INFO: [string "menu"]:78: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
            =[C]: in function '__concat'
            menu:78: in function <[string "menu"]:65>
            (...tail calls...)

Lastly, if I try to enable the hotkey button in UI++ settings, I get constant spam (and the button doesn't work at all)
    INFO: [string "menu"]:48: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
            =[C]: in function '__index'
            menu:48: in function <[string "menu"]:46>
            (...tail calls...)

Post edited by amkit on
  • amkitamkit Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2023
    edit: no clue how this double posted almost a week later...
    Post edited by amkit on
  • TheDoctorFatTheDoctorFat Member Posts: 3
    Do you think you could add in an option to make the dialogue appear in the upper left corner of the screen, like it is in Dragonspear UI++? It makes it so much easier to read all of the dialogue
    @Pecca
    Just checking in on your progress on this amazing project.

Thankee!
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Impressive! Very impressive work!

I’m usually not interested in UI-mods but this seems to be something special. I encourage you to finish it. I also encourage you to make it compatible with the very practical Bubb’s Spell Menu mod.
    Again, this is really great work!
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 46
    Loremaster wrote: »

I’m usually not interested in UI-mods but this seems to be something special. I encourage you to finish it. I also encourage you to make it compatible with the very practical Bubb’s Spell Menu mod.

Already compatible
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2023
    After I installed the Infinity UI mod I get bugged spell description window.
    P.S. It happens after right click some spells in the action bar.
    @Pecca
    2099vbmgjlpt.png

Post edited by p6kocka on
    Ok. I have fixed it with EEex zoom ui.
  • Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 125
    Hi @Pecca , when you get a chance, could you update the portrait selector to include portraits from custom M_*.lua files? Thanks.

Also, in IWDEE, these buttons in the game screen give an invalid string for the tooltip:
    - Reveal Details
    - Quick Loot
    - Quick Save

These 2 options are also normally in IWDEE:
    - enable/disable HoF mode
    - enable/disable extra XP from higher/lower difficulties

It's up to you, but imo both are useful toggles to have.
  • kaiokaio Member Posts: 12
    Jinashi wrote: »
    Loremaster wrote: »

Already compatible

Hi, I've tried to install both, but the menù is the classic one.
    Am I missing something to make the Bubb’s Spell Menu work?
    edited August 2023
    Have you installed EEex before you installed Bubb’s Spell Menu ?
    @kaio
    edited August 2023
    Yes, I've installed EEex before Bubb’s Spell Menu @p6kocka
    @Pecca
    We're looking forward to updates on Infinity UI! Let us know when we should expect progress.

Thankee!
    edited August 2023
    @Pecca

I got the Bubb’s Spell Menu mod work with your gui.
    I had also installed 5E-style spellcasting which seems to me to be incompatible, without the latter the spell menù appears, sorry for the wrong segnalation.
  • drunktieflingdrunktiefling Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2023
    What I have to say is that @Pecca is doing fantastic job and I love it! I loved Dragonspear UI++, but this work goes much further beyond. Even in the 0.51 beta, I use it successfully and would say that it is functionally the best UI for IE games, ever.

Since I just loved the novelty and started using it, I was able to notice some issues. Some of them are fixable easily enough, which only makes it clear that this approach will lead to a new standard pretty soon, stable enough to be presented to non-technical users.

(*) stands for issues that I wasn't able to hotfix with my meddling.

The issues I've noticed in a long EET playthrough with >100 mods:
    • HLA screen breaks the game when I click "plus" on any ability (just copied the CHARGEN_HIGH_LEVEL_ABILITIES menu from Dragonspear UI++ to keep playing, the result is inconsistent at worst, but usable).
    • Some code related to quick loot generates errors. I simply secured the code not to attempt adding nil to numbers.
      @@ -22683,13 +22692,14 @@

function rgGetQlSlotIndex(index)
       	local junk = 0
      -	if RgQuicklootFilterJunk == 1 then
      -		if worldScreen:GetTopGroundItem() == 0 then
      -			junk = rgQuicklootJunkTable[index+1]
      -		else
      -			junk = rgQuicklootJunkTable[index+1] + rgQuicklootJunkTable[worldScreen:GetTopGroundItem()]
      +	if rgQuicklootJunkTable[index+1] ~= nil then
      +		if RgQuicklootFilterJunk == 1 then
      +			if worldScreen:GetTopGroundItem() == 0 or rgQuicklootJunkTable[worldScreen:GetTopGroundItem()] == nil then
      +				junk = rgQuicklootJunkTable[index+1]
      +			else
      +				junk = rgQuicklootJunkTable[index+1] + rgQuicklootJunkTable[worldScreen:GetTopGroundItem()]
      +			end
       		end
      -		
       	end
       	return index+junk
       end

• When "Inventory swap on hover" is disabled, the party inventory screen acts remarkably slow. I have doubts whether this even can be resolved with good performance - moving items between bags of different characters requires update of the slots dependent on mouse movement, even before one drops the item.(*)
    • Buttons in the item description area (drink potion / open container / write scroll / identify / ...) don't match the described item when mouseOverPortrait changes - it switches to similar slot index of a different companion. It might e.g. lead to drinking wrong potion or opening wrong container. One needs to remember not to do this.(*)
    • Closing container requires clicking a button in the corner. Assigning this action to escape key is straightforward enough. The only issue with this choice is when you open a container in a store, as escape closes the store itself.
      @@ -21024,6 +21024,7 @@
       	--}
       	button
       	{
      +		on escape
       		area 1292 18 42 42
       		bam rgdbtcls
       		ScaleToClip

• Save game screen remains unimplemented indeed, the state is somewhat strange (different from default, yet with no new resources). It uses classical resources and wrong offsets, but remains usable.(*)
    • Sounds / script / biography customization screens seem to be unaddressed yet as well.(*)
    • Textures used in tavern/temple UI are overbright. Perhaps good PVRZs are used with wrong flags in BAMs?(*)
    • "End dialog" button PVRZ seems broken, with black instead of transparent. Also the coordinates of the first frame in BAM seem nonsense, but it doesn't matter when PVRZ is fixed - as then they point to a rectangle that is all transparent.

Aesthetic preferences that might be totally irrelevant to anyone but me:
    • I like when enter key closes the item description.
      @@ -6803,6 +6803,7 @@
       	}
       	button
       	{
      +		on return
       		area	548 26 50 50
       		bam rgdwbut
       		sequence 0 

• You know what, closing a container with escape is basic, but I like to do this with enter too!
      @@ -21032,6 +21033,14 @@
       			storeScreen:OnMainDoneButtonClick()
       		"
       	}
      +	button
      +	{
      +		on return
      +		action
      +		"
      +			storeScreen:OnMainDoneButtonClick()
      +		"
      +	}
       	--button
       	--{
       	--	enabled "storeScreen:GetPanelButtonEnabled(0)"

• I cannot wait for alternative skins to be complete. Apparently, the red "Dragonspear Theme" is the only nearly-consistent default. But red is so distracting for me! I have recolored it slightly for my comfort (-125 deg hue, chroma reduced to 1/3 and gamma adjusted 1.5x in LCh(a,b) space, exclusively for "red" areas). Most of the dangerous attachment is a result of this.
    • Also I've made the item slots used in the inventory screen less "ornamental". I want to focus on the icon, not the distracting border!
    • I happen to have different preferences in fonts.
      @@ -32,7 +32,7 @@
       	normal =
       	{
       		color = 'B',
      -		font = 'RGFONT',
      +		font = 'POSTANTI',
       		point = 13,
       		valign = 'top',
       		halign = 'left',
      @@ -78,7 +78,7 @@
       	normal_parchment =
       	{
       		color = '5',
      -		font = 'RGFONT',
      +		font = 'POSTANTI',
       		point = 13,
       		valign = 'top',
       		halign = 'left',

My personal bullshit (recoloring, adjusted UI.MENU) is in the dangerous attached archive. It might be used in the content directory of the mod before re/installing it with WeiDU. If anyone were to use it, please note that I was the one to mess it up, not the author. And I'm not going to maintain it or guarantee anything, it's just a hotfix for current beta, tested by exactly one person, which will turn irrelevant with any further release.

I hope that this somehow helps in bringing increasingly stable releases.
    Post edited by drunktiefling on
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited August 2023
    Hey @drunktiefling , did you fix all the issues you mentioned in your zip file? Also, I hope it will be usable without EET too, on a BGEE game
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on