Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Syntia13 Sorry for the late reply, was away from home for a couple days and had no internet access from where I was. My pick of choice would be the second face/scar and the fourth hair & armor, with maybe a purple tunic and green/grey-green eyes.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Kirkor - I agree. little over-done. It looks good, but too colorful, I think.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @Kirkor
    Her nose looks a little...um. Squished. Was that intentional?
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    If requests are still available, I'd love to see a "cleaned up" version of Kivan. By cleaned up, I mean minus the tattoos and earring. Perhaps he could have a red cowl too. I'm imagining him as a human, paladin, undead hunter of Lathander.

It would also be cool to see Male #2 (the paladin-looking guy with the heroic chin) with a cowl.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012
    Syntia13 said:

So... Have another face for the collection. Human was supposed to be the last one of the pack, but the halfling is giving me a lot of trouble, so I temporarily ditched him and did this instead.
    So... it's a human. No explanations are necessary, I think? Redhead and freckles, because I like that look. The armor stolen from a game.

I quite like this one, I have red hair and freckles myself :-)

But could you lose the awful moustache?

Also, would it be possible to do a more elf-like version (more pointy ears, elf eyes), as I'd quite like to use this portrait for the elf fighter/mage I intend to run through BGEE....
    Smiling_Imp
    Syntia13 said:

Continuing the 'one face across all the races' theme, I bring you a gnome.
    From the character creator screen: Gnomes are shorter and slimmer than their dwarven cousins, but have significantly larger noses. Most gnomes have dark tan or brown skin and white hair.
    So, big nose, brown skin, white hair, not too tall... it checks, right?
    The crazy hair gave me a lot of trouble; I still didn't get the effect I was aiming for, and I don't know how to get it. *sigh* Well, this is... good enough? I guess?

Well, that's four down, three to go. Back to work, then! :)

EDIT: Nose and ears tweaked as suggested by @neleothesze

That's pretty good, there's a shortage of good gnome portraits, that one would work well for the most common gnome choices (mage, thief)

Syntia13Smiling_Imp
    Syntia13 said:

Another one, similar to the one posted in Imoen's big fat round face (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3226/imoens-big-fat-round-face/p3), altered further.

Long story short - I used to consider Imoen's portrait in BG the ugliest of the bunch - until I realized she just has an extremely unflattering haircut.
    So, one trip to the hairdresser later, I give you a 'new' BG1 Imoen. Put in her BG2 armor, because she really has no business running around the forest in a low-cut dress.
    Original to the left, tweaked version to the right, for easy comparison.

Very good! Think I might use that one...

Syntia13Notepic4
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    @reedmilfam - well, colors is not a problem to change. When I said "I've gone too far" I was thinking about her Babe-ish look :P
    @LadyEibhilinRhett - I didn't like her big nose, so I made it smaller. But I've probably overdone it :P

@Syntia13 As for Imoen, I like her new hairstyle (it made her little younger). But one thing can't be helped = she is way too old on the portrait. If she is your "sister", she should be 20 years old (like all Bhaalspawns, I think)... On the picture she looks like she is in her mid 30's
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    I also wanted new archer portraits because the only one in the actual game is boring. I made these 4 from images on google search for 'elven archer':

Sorry for the pictures being so small after converting them to 170x110, you can try zooming in to see them clearer. They are all easy to find on google.

Kerthal
    I like the one in the upper right. Nice stuff.
    edited November 2012
    I think I like this Elven Archer portrait.
    Akerhon
    edited November 2012

I like the one in the upper right. Nice stuff.

Full size here:

http://chriss2d.deviantart.com/art/Elven-Archer-44026550

One thing I hate though is making over 5 custom portraits makes far too much stuff to have to scroll through when customizing, I wish it was possible to add and select as the ordinary stock portraits.

The NWN portrait system was nice - easier to pick IMO and more seamless. Then again, I generally don't add portraits to BG. I play with what's there, at least I have in the past. Maybe EE will be more forgiving and not require image re-sizing and whatnot.
    edited November 2012
    I actually found a portrait with my idea in mind, although this looks a bit more supernatural than I was hoping for. Ideally, I would like to see Male #2, unedited except for a hood like this one; perhaps a brown hood, since red might clash with the blue background. Although I'm not sure if that's the BG1 or BG2 portrait.

Paladin

Photobucket
    Post edited by Philhelm on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited November 2012
    Steampunk Victorian girl- maybe paintable into a gnome? image from DA by the rover

image by morovv on DA
    Jalily
    edited November 2012
    Heres one I found that suits either a Kensai, Ranger or Rogue:

Next I'm gonna make a couple from the Assassins creed character.

These were the best two I could find that would work well for Avatars, one needed a bit of work in paint to blend out the Assassins Creed logo:

Post edited by Mungri on
    Mortianna
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Whoa, whoa, guys, slow down! Wait for me! *Jogs to catch up with the comments*

@Kirkor Wow, brother! Yes, you definitely went a bit extreme with the nose-job. Branwen could sue you for medical error. :D Unless she was going for the BG2 elven look, in such case she'll rope you in for surgery of her eyes and ears as well. ;P Regarding Imoen, I heard that said about her a few times already. Personally I don't see it, but I can't tell people's ages (except for the basic 'kid, very old, in-between' scale) anyway, so that might be the reason. Do you have any ideas how to make her look younger? She has no wrinkles to lift, so I'm a bit at a loss here. ;)
    @Koson All right then: http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Kosonpick2.png My latent girlishness protested that purple tunic didn't match the green eyes, so I made three variations with purple, blue and green tunic. Take your pick. :)
    @Philhelm Cleaned up Kivan and Cowled paladin added to my 'to do' list. I will do them... uh... *eyes the list* ...eventually. And don't worry about the background, I tend to change those anyway.
    @Mungri Wow, that's one kickass werewolf! And nice archers... and awesome assassin with a dagger. Any chance you could link the source art to this pic?
    over 5 custom portraits makes far too much stuff to have to scroll through when customizing Amen to that. Well, we know that BG:EE overhauled GUI; hopefully character creator was included in the works. :)
    @Oxford_Guy Request added to the list. But could you lose the awful moustache? Sure, I can shave him. Although just FYI, trimmed mustaches are very manly *sage nod*. (You just need to remember not to let them grow and eat your mouth) ;P (This is a fairly easy fix, so expect to see it soon).
    @reedmilfam The archer has a nice face and VERY nice ear, but are you sure she's holding a bow? Looks more like a quarterstaff to me... (And I can't help wondering - why is she naked? :P )
    @LadyRhian EEEeeeeEE! Omigosh, is she holding the Glasses of Identification? She is! :D:D Oh yes, she is definitely getting gnomed. :D *adds to the list*

Puf, huf, okay, here I am, all caught up. . ;)
    Oxford_GuyPhilhelmEleutheros
    Syntia13 said:

@Oxford_Guy Request added to the list. But could you lose the awful moustache? Sure, I can shave him. Although just FYI, trimmed mustaches are very manly *sage nod*. (You just need to remember not to let them grow and eat your mouth) ;P (This is a fairly easy fix, so expect to see it soon).
    ;)

Excellent! Will be interesting to have a CHARNAME who looks a bit like me! :-)
    Syntia13 said:

@LadyRhian EEEeeeeEE! Omigosh, is she holding the Glasses of Identification? She is! :D:D Oh yes, she is definitely getting gnomed. :D *adds to the list*

That would be cool, I like gnomes, I just hope BGEE improves the avatar and paperdoll for gnomes (hopefull they will, as I think 1pp improves this, which they say they're using), as the BG2 ones are terrible!

Syntia13 said:

Another one, similar to the one posted in Imoen's big fat round face (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3226/imoens-big-fat-round-face/p3), altered further.

Long story short - I used to consider Imoen's portrait in BG the ugliest of the bunch - until I realized she just has an extremely unflattering haircut.
    So, one trip to the hairdresser later, I give you a 'new' BG1 Imoen. Put in her BG2 armor, because she really has no business running around the forest in a low-cut dress.
    Original to the left, tweaked version to the right, for easy comparison.

Very good! Think I might use that one...

BTW am now using this Imoen with my current BGT evil party, its a *huge* improvemt, she stuck out like a sore thumb before, thanks again! Will be using in BGEE too, unless they supply something better

Syntia13
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Damnations, I forgot to post a new pic, didn't I?
    Well, here it is now. Remember how I said that the halfling was fighting me every step of the way? Well, I finally got him pinned. :) From character creator screen: Halflings are short, generally plump people, very much like small humans. Their faces are round and broad and often quite florid. Their hair is typically curly and the tops of their feet are covered with coarse hair. I tried, I really tried to draw the curly hair myself, but it was a no go. I finally gave up and copy/pasted someone's hair from a photo found on the net. Florid face - I'm not really sure what it means - I hope my decision to put a lot of blush on him was the right one. I made the face rounder and softened the lines a bit, added a ton of blush. Fought with hair and forced it to fit with the background. Added armor. So, here it is, three versions of a halfling. The last one is the one to which I said, yes, this is it. I am happy with you, halfling pic. :) So now this project is complete. I'll probably post a collage of all of the faces + the original they were based on tomorrow.
    Now, on to the other projects! XD
    booinyoureyes
    Syntia13 said:

Whoa, whoa, guys, slow down! Wait for me! *Jogs to catch up with the comments*

@Philhelm Cleaned up Kivan and Cowled paladin added to my 'to do' list. I will do them... uh... *eyes the list* ...eventually. And don't worry about the background, I tend to change those anyway.

You have until November 30th. :)

No, just kidding. Thanks for adding my requests to your to-do list.

Syntia13
    I just watch for more goodies here. One of my only Bookmarks in the forums, actually. Some of the art is perfect (to me), other stuff isn't but untalented artist beggars can't be choosers! Anyway, I love seeing people's BG-inspired art. Good stuff, all around.
    Syntia13Oxford_Guy
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Can someone make an alternate of Skie such that she doesn't look like a middle aged woman?
    Skie - bleach blonde, big hoop earrings, perm curls. OMIGOSH!
    Awong124Quartz
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2012
    Syntia13 said:

@Smiling_Imp Thank you! :) Feel free to use Ajantis - or any of portraits posted here - in any way you

Wow! Thanks Syntia13! I think I might take you up on that offer and use them as alternate portraits in the next version of BG1 NPCs for SoA.
    Syntia13
    edited November 2012
    I'm browsing on my smartphone at the moment so will post the source image links later. All of them other than the kensai were picked off google image, the kensai I found on another forum.
    @Mungri - Like the 1st assassin the most of the 3. :D
This discussion has been closed.