Skip to content

Illo the tattooist, a new module for BG2, BG2EE, EET and IWDEE

deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 231
edited March 7 in BGII:EE Mods
Here's another little module: Illo the tattooist. You can install it in a ever started game.
Illo doesn't tattoo you, he sells single-use tattoos that give you powers/capabilities. Like tomes, but much more expensive.

You'll find him in BG2(EE) outside the thieves' guild, to the south under the shady courtyard.
You'll find him in the Black Pits 2, somewhere away from the merchants' circle.
You'll find him in IWDEE next to Coulon's forge in Kuldahar.
And NO, you won't find him in TOB. Here's a way to limit the module's power: you have to buy all the ones you want before going to fight Irenicus in Suldanessellar.
The same goes for IWDEE: you won't find it in HOW.

This is not a balanced module. It can make pjs powerful, even very powerful. Tatoos are expensive, but what is money in BG2? You finish the game with tons of gold.

Since the v4, an optional component halves the price to make them more affordables.

Note: farewell, since I've been using BWS and adding lots of mods to my already large classic installation, I've been able to find everything my tattoos offer in hlas -> so they're not so cheated, since with some mods boosts of +10 in strength are possible in hlas. What's more, summoning a fielon ( tattoo of the Abyss) is still less powerful than the deva/planar summons available in vanilla in TOB.

The module can be downloaded on Mediafire and Github
Post edited by deratiseur on

Comments

• deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 231
    New link : Github
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    That one I'll also check for the next run through. I'll skip installing some
    other mods, such as extended planar sphere, tactics remix and probably
    the golem extension kit (which is otherwise a good mod, but I have had
    issues with installed components that somehow clashed with another
    mod, leading to all items from the golem extension kit to display some
    other mod's descriptions instead).
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,360
    Sounds awesome. I had a dream of making af tattoo shop mod some day.

I have tried to check out if their was a readme. Does that require downloading and unpacking the mod?
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 38
    By this comment; "You'll find him in BG2(EE) in the thieves' hideout, in the same room as the black market seller." Do you mean in the the 1st room that you enter by using the main entrance? In the building where you meet Renal? Is there any other qualifier, such as having to accomplish a certain task or waiting until a particular chapter? I believe that I know the room in question and have searched it, but have not found Illo.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 130
    edited December 2023
    By this comment; "You'll find him in BG2(EE) in the thieves' hideout, in the same room as the black market seller." Do you mean in the the 1st room that you enter by using the main entrance? In the building where you meet Renal? Is there any other qualifier, such as having to accomplish a certain task or waiting until a particular chapter? I believe that I know the room in question and have searched it, but have not found Illo.
    Post edited by JohnBob on
    Many thanks. I'll take another look.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,843
    Note that placing him there likely makes him inaccessible if you choose to side with Bodhi in the chapter 3 plot; that replaces the area he's in with a different version once you reach the final stage of the quest.
    JohnBob wrote: »
    Capture%20d'%C3%A9cran%202023-12-08%20143602.png

Thanks Johnbob.
    jmerry wrote: »
    Note that placing him there likely makes him inaccessible if you choose to side with Bodhi in the chapter 3 plot; that replaces the area he's in with a different version once you reach the final stage of the quest.

Ho, forgot this. I've to find another place. But i really don't find an cool place, this npc like to be hidden. Cemetary ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,843
    Or he could be in both versions of the area. No rule against that in the game; Lazarus is preplaced in both Saradush and Amkethran, for example.
    The Slums might be a good place. Or stick him in the sewers and he can hang out with Roger the Fence? BTW, is there a list of known incompatible mods? I've installed and tried re-installing this mod for my BG2 run (it worked fine in IWD) and he is nowhere to be found. I do have many other mods installed, however.
    edited December 2023
    The Slums might be a good place. Or stick him in the sewers and he can hang out with Roger the Fence? BTW, is there a list of known incompatible mods? I've installed and tried re-installing this mod for my BG2 run (it worked fine in IWD) and he is nowhere to be found. I do have many other mods installed, however.

Did you visit this area before installing the mod ?

If yes it's probably why Illo don't appear, since AR0305 doesn't have any script in original game. (So your save game don't use the script added by Deratiseur)

The easiest way should be to use the CLUAConsole to spawn Illo, when you are in AR0305 :

C:Eval('CreateCreature("pxillo",[855.613],15)')
    edited December 2023
    I installed this mod (and every other mod that I am using) before I started a new game. I'll try spawning him. As he is a merchant, I wasn't sure if that was an option. Good to know that it is, thank you.
    I installed this mode (and every other mod that I am using) before I started a new game. I'll try spawning him. As he is a merchant, I wasn't sure if that was an option. Good to know that it is, thank you.

It's strange then, if you can post your weidu.log so we can see what other mod is modifying that area ?
    I'll see what I can do. I did attempt to un-install and re-install the mod, just in case I somehow screwed anything up. In doing so, that affected other mods, (Amber no longer has a portrait). Would this render the logs worthless for any error tracing purposes? I haven't been using mods for too long, so please bear with my ignorance.
    It's possible that reinstalling the mod screwed things up, but it didn't cost much to take a look anyway.
    I believe that this is what you were requesting?
    BTW - I used the console command and spawned Illo. He seems to work fine.
    BTW - I used the console command and spawned Illo. He seems to work fine.

Great
    I believe that this is what you were requesting?

Yes it's the one and I can tell after a quick look that it's probably Fishing for trouble that cause this issue.

I'll point it out to the modders who are in charge of the mod.

So thanks for the bug report !
    Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
    ok, so I need to find a place where it could hide (without monsters, so not the sewers), plus that already has an associated script, plus that isn't blasted by this or that other mod (weird because my module uses "Append", so it writes something extra, it doesn't replace anything, so by default isn't incompatible with anything).
    deratiseur wrote: »
    ok, so I need to find a place where it could hide (without monsters, so not the sewers), plus that already has an associated script, plus that isn't blasted by this or that other mod (weird because my module uses "Append", so it writes something extra, it doesn't replace anything, so by default isn't incompatible with anything).

The issue with Fishing for Trouble is resolved, here is the topic about it..

Jmerry's proposal to use both versions of the area seems interesting and allows you to keep the initial emplacement.
    yes, but there's still the problem of "whether to team up with bodhi".
    No monsters, huh? Well there is that space just North of the main door to the Shadow Thieves guild? Other than meeting an NPC there for the "Back to Brynnlaw" mod, I don't believe that I've ever had anything else happen in there.
    II know of at least one other mod that uses this zone: Tactics "lich on the docks".
    No, I found : dbs2lgkp3le5.jpg
    A v3 will be online in a few hours. I don't have access to my work PC right now.
    v3 is here, with the seller moved outside the thieves' guild.

I'm hesitant to add two tattoos, but I need two answers for this:
    What does this kanji mean?j53rd4gl6gq7.jpg

Which monster does this icon remind you of?dwf08uvvq64w.jpg
    No idea about the meaning of the 1st tattoo, but the 2nd reminds me of a naga.
    New v4 is here. Added an option to halve the price of tattoos.
    I have tried checking the tattows you can get. The readme doesnt give much data. Is there more info to get if you down load the mod, or is just to try it out?

br
    sorry, i'll not post another version just for update the readme. But i'll update the github readme.
    deratiseur wrote: »
    sorry, i'll not post another version just for update the readme. But i'll update the github readme.

Awesome. Thanks

I will check out the readme on Github in a couple of days - no need to hurry or anything.