Skip to content

[Release] Thalantyr Item Upgrade Mod Extensions

bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
Introduction
I just pushed out a new mod a few minutes ago: Thalantyr Item Upgrade Mod Extensions. This mod extends Thalantyr Item Upgrade Mod (which is a prerequisite). This mod will extend the crafting dialog state introduced in the aforementioned, adding new responses to craft additional items.

Download
Go to Thalantyr Item Upgrade Mod Extensions

What does it include?
So far:
  1. Core functionality:
    • Amulet of Protection +2
    • Wizard Slayer +1
    • Wizard Slayer +2
    • Golden Axe +2
    • Shandalar's Cloak +2
    • Nymph's Cloak of Protection +2
    • War Hammer +2: Hammer of Dawn
    • Mace +2: Stupefier
    • Koveras' Cursed Ring
    • Koveras' Ring of Protection +2
    • Varscona +3
    • Longsword +2: Harrower
    • Light Crossbow +2: The Army Scythe
    • Ankheg Plate Mail +1
    • Kiel's Buckler +1
    • Buckley's Buckler +1
    • Kiel's Helmet +1
    • Dagger +2: Werebane
  2. Component Group: Koveras' Ring of Protection
    1. Koveras gives you a cursed ring instead
    2. Koveras gives you the normal +1 ring as usual

Anything else we should know?
  • I plan on making a series of mods for these and additional item recipes that can integrate throughout BG1+2. There will be multiple possibilities for crafting these recipes when I am done (multiple enchanters, etc.) as individual mods.
  • Some recipes use random crap gems for fun.

Why make this?
I killed Shandalar recently and still had his cloak and wardstone. I wanted to use it. Also I have tons of love for Varscona. Finally, I had some obsession with Koveras' ring dating back to including junk in the earliest versions of BGT that I think got stripped out since.

Are you supporting the mod?
Dunno. I tend to discover new things and update when/if I see fit. If I see notifications, I tend to at least look at them. Issues page should be public, so it should be available for bug feedback and the ilk.

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Thankee for this update!

Is this extension EET compatible?
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    Endarire wrote: »
    Is this extension EET compatible?

No idea. It's kind of ironic, but I haven't touched EET or even BGT in over 20 years.

I'm happy to explore that compatibility or with Tutu if there are enough requests to do so.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    EET compatibility is definitely worthwhile. BGT are some decicated players left. Tutu is dead.
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    edited March 11
    Hi Bardez,

thank you for this mod. I attached a german translation I made.

I will take a look, thank you! I want to ask, @Jarl, if you got the mod-level as well as the item submodule translation files as well?
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    I'm not 100% sure, what you mean. I translated the setup.tra and thalan.tra. Did i miss anything?
    There are additional TRA files in:

mod-thalantyr-ex/craftable-items/weidu/tra/en_US

The items in there will eventually be used in another mod for BG2, so I made a submodule for the items with TRA files in the submodule
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    So, what is the difference in the component about Sarevok's ring? You can have him give you a cursed version you can't update, and the original +1 ring of protection that you can upgrade via your mod. Am I wrong ?

Jarl wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, what you mean. I translated the setup.tra and thalan.tra. Did i miss anything?

Sorry for derailing this thread, but are you the Jarl from Jarl Adventure pack? It would be cool if you could release a version for EE in that case.

Ulkesh wrote: »
    So, what is the difference in the component about Sarevok's ring? You can have him give you a cursed version you can't update, and the original +1 ring of protection that you can upgrade via your mod. Am I wrong ?

You can remove the curse to make it the normal enchanted ring, in case you think a cursed ring makes more sense as a gift from a nemesis.