Skip to content

[(BG1, BGEE) BUG ] Some dialogue/script fixes

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited August 2012 in Fixed
edit: this was originally a bug roundup. Kieres issue and fix is still here, but the rest have been broken into independent threads: Captain Kieres (already noted by @Balquo in this thread)

Current Behavior

Captain Kieres goes hostile and his crew delays slightly before attacking the party.

Desired Behavior

The Merhcant League guards should go hostile via Kieres' dialog (kieres.dlg) but instead have to wait for Kieres' Shout(99) via shout.bcs. The crew[1-7] DVs referenced in Kieres' dialogue file are incorrect and should be leaggu[1-7].
Post edited by Bhryaen on
AndreaColomboIgneouscmorgan

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited July 2012
    Current Behaviour
    Counting House, AR0307 and AR0308 - both area scripts conflict with the dialogue of Ulf and Kieres respectively such that if you end up in a fight with Ulf, he triggers an action that tries to turn the guards hostile (who are upstairs from him) and if you fight with Kieres, he turns the crewmates hostile (who are downstairs from him).

Expected Behaviour
    It would seem most likely that the guards should guard the lower floor and the crewmates are with their captain. If there is any doubt the captain calls to his "mates" for help.

Files altered: ar0307.bcs, ar0308.bcs, crew1.cre, crew2.cre, crew3.cre, crew4.cre, crew5.cre, crew6.cre, crew7.cre
    Change all "CREW#" references for corresponding "LEAGGU#" in AR0307.BCS.
    Change all "LEAGGU#" references for corresponding "CREW#" in AR0308.BCS.
    Change Script name attributes in each CREW#.CRE from "leaggu#" to a corresponding "crew#".
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited July 2012
    I believe @cmorgan posted a long and detailed request for restoring the "No Valid replies for noble couple at Candlekeep" thing. If I find his post, I'll link it here.

EDIT: right here.
    edited July 2012
    I also made reference to the Captain Kieres bug here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1354/bg1-bug-counting-house-script-issues#latest

I guess we could always add the links to the main post.
    edited July 2012
    Or either @Tanthalas or @Bhryaen could merge those threads into one, so that any additional detail @Balquo and @cmorgan provided about these two fixes ends up in this thread.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I merged Balquo's thread with this one.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Uh oh, another of those bundled posts that make the devs go >:-O

@CamDawg
    A couple weeks ago @Coriander told us that- at least for the devs' purposes of addressing each fix- the best format for our post is "atomized," so that each specific fix can be addressed individually by a single thread. This also helps to keep all threads divided properly between BG1/BG2 fixes and BGEE fixes. Each one of the upwards of 10 items in your OP is ripe for a breakdown to its own thread (this one remaining a Captain Kieres fight, of course). Though it's best if you check first to see if there's already a thread for it, fortunately @Tanthalas, @Balquo, and I have been given Beta Forum Moderator Powers to clean up everyone's Betamesses. :-)
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Again, apologies for the mishmash of bug reports. Hopefully including the fixes will go over better!

Kieres (using @Balquo's more thorough, logical solution)
    COPY_EXISTING ~ar0307.BCS~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~crew\([1-7]\)~ ~leaggu\1~
    COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0308.BCS~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~leaggu\([1-7]\)~ ~crew\1~
    COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~crew1.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew2.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew3.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew4.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew5.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew6.cre~ ~override~
    ~crew7.cre~ ~override~
    WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x280 ~%SOURCE_RES%~ #18
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
    AndreaColomboBhryaen
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'll put the fix in.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Verified, this fix has been integrated internally and should be present in the next build.
    @Nathan - which one of the many fixes mentioned in the OP?
    I'm guessing the Captain Kieres fix. If that is the case then it is probably best to separate the remaining bugs.
    AndreaColombo
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited July 2012
    Ah - this was for Captain Kieres. I took a quick look and my impression was that the other bugs were separated? If not, then, yes. Separation would be good.
    @CamDawg You would probably be best at separating them. :P
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited July 2012
    Non-Kieres bugs have been broken into their own threads.
    NathanAndreaColomboSethDavis
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed Fixed

- Pissing off Ulf causes the Merchant League guards to go hostile, but not anyone upstairs.
    - Pissing off Kieres causes his Crewmates to go hostile, but not anyone downstairs

My Method:

- Created character
    - Moved to AR1004 to initiate quest
    - Moved to AR0307 and proceeded to selectively piss off the appropriate people.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed - using the same method, also looked in ulf's dlg, he got quite many dlg paths with going aggro, all fine