Skip to content

Nov.1, 2012, BGEE Trailer in approvals...

Comments

• Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

If Phil handn't said there was a trailer in approvals, no one would be angry right now. Waiting, and being asked to be patient, is the price you pay for a more 'open' development team.

I'm not angry in the least. I suppose there could be a number of reasons for the lack of trailer approval. Perhaps the devs found it wasn't worth it to keep requesting/pressuring for the trailer approval since the game will be out soon anyway. Perhaps they flat out refused approval for the trailer and the devs just haven't told us. I suppose their time is better spent working on the game itself as opposed to messing around with trailer approval anyway. I just figured, that since it was mentioned, that it would eventually be approved/released. I don't think I would exactly call them an 'open' development team just because of how little information and updates we have been privy to.

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

If Phil handn't said there was a trailer in approvals, no one would be angry right now. Waiting, and being asked to be patient, is the price you pay for a more 'open' development team.

I don't think that is the case.

1 - The game was originally set to be released and the announcement of a delay came last second.

2 - Game companies typically release trailers weeks before a new game.

3 - After the multiple month delay, there is still no trailer or other evidence consistent with an imminent release that is coming out.

This chain alone would have people nervous - both for whether the new deadlines are going to be hit and just because many of us are invested in seeing this project succeed and the failure to have a trailer out there generating interest is a missed opportunity. It invites questions.

Now add in the fact that Phil made that comment and that heightens the expectation and anxiety, but it is really the combination of the prior delay and the fact that normal "prerelease" trailer activity isn't happening that is the underlying issue driving much of the concern.

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    If I were to make a guess I'd say the Trailer will be here before the end of the week, but who knows. At any rate I'm 99% confident bgee will release on time, if not 2 days earlier.
    Anyway, perhaps they are planning the trailer 2 weeks prior to release of the game, in which case it would be released Wednesday (if they are releasing on the 28th) or Friday (if they are going on the scheduled date).
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97

We wait. That is all. Approvals are like that.

-Trent

@trentoster Thanks for responding. I feel like the @ button now has unspeakable powers haha. I've worked in many places with long approval processes so I can relate. Hopefully it will be out soon.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Honestly, I think it's more that it is less a priority for the ATARI/WOTC people than for BD/OVHL. I can imagine it being very frustrating for the devs, as there are constant hurdles to overcome for simple things, like screenshots and trailers.
    How many people need to approve? And what is the process for approvals?
    I've always wondered.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    @sepotter I have a feeling that this will remain one of life's greatest mysteries. I'll betcha any money that we'll never find out.
    That's probably a fair and valid point.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Phil tweeted a little bit ago that the movie is coming soon. Does coming soon mean tonight, tomorrow, or next week?
    Perhaps tomorrow, 2 weeks from the 30th.
    edited November 2012
    Dang, still no trailer yet.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2012
    trailer trailer trailer trailer when at last maybe today 10 days..
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2012
    same for HD Screenshots. I do wonder.. will the enhanced REALLY looking good at higher resolutions or is there a deeper reason why not releasong 1080p Screenshots?

I agree at least that a trailer is not REALLY that important, since there are many movies already to see the gameplay, would be nice to see a trailer with that "remastered material" - but its not THAT important.

So... only ONE time release a proper Screenshot please!

Do not get me wrong.. i have of course preordered and look forward for it, but if it turns out that at higher resolutions things become visible ugly... blurry beyond reason.. in that case.. THAT would piss me off to death!

Because people would not like the fact to run around with a 13**x*** resolution when they also have devices with higher resolution capacity available.

There are some wise words around which are called "you get the quality you see" - In that case related to that mid Resolution Screenshots i just hope that it is called more like "You get the quality you did not see YET" :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @IkonNavros

There's no deeper reason for no HD screenshots, in the beta subforum we have some 1080p screenshots and they look great. The new filter really does wonders to keep the image sharp when we zoom in and out.
    and exactly THAT information would be good to hear earlier, while not seeing the screenshots, at least to know that something like THAT exists is keeping up the hope at a higher level ;)
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    sepotter said:

trailer trailer trailer trailer

wojtek said:

Tanthalas said:

trailer trailer trailer trailer!

Ps. Don't say you didn't want to write this ;)

wrong :D after hearing about beauty 1080p screenshots.. i would vote for writing 3 x screenshots :P
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    @Tanthalas I have to agree with IkonNavros on this. We do understand that there are legal issues and that this must be frustrating for the team. But simply hearing something like that from you makes everyone feel better, and it doesn't violate any agreement. I think I speak for many of us when I say that we wish communication like this would occur more often.
    edited November 2012
    Exactly. Nothing kills better any motivation and fun as the lack of Informations.

And if you only get to see things which do not show the end result people can easily start to believe that they only get the quality they become to see. Which.. as we see in the Case of the EE can be quite misleading.

But still... If it would be allowed that at least ONE of that kind of HQ screenshots could be shown... Perhaps its possible to show a time restricted screenshot which is shown for only few hours or something like that?

But if the contract even forbids the release of ONE HQ screenshot... I still find that very stupid.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    BETA testers have to be careful what theyre saying though :p
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86

BETA testers have to be careful what theyre saying though :p

Very true.

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Sed said:

A tiny little bird whispered in my ear that we will see goodies this week :)

That just might mean we will see a bag of sweets in a store or something..

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I think that's what it means...
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Who knew, what a coincidence. In one week and 2 days almost, the game arrives.

So if we didn't see anything this week, we would see the trailer post ship, or 1 day before.

So yeah, it's pretty probable that this week we're gonna see it :p
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    Tanthalas said:

@IkonNavros

There's no deeper reason for no HD screenshots, in the beta subforum we have some 1080p screenshots and they look great. The new filter really does wonders to keep the image sharp when we zoom in and out.

On the contrary, all we who do not participate in the beta testing we strongly need a trailer or some of these HD screenshoots to ease our minds so please act accordingly as soon as possible, cheers!
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

Tanthalas said:

@IkonNavros

On the contrary, all we who do not participate in the beta testing we strongly need a trailer or some of these HD screenshoots to ease our minds so please act accordingly as soon as possible, cheers!
    Agree ! Over 99% of us aren't beta tester , we pay the money and hope can see the trailer before one week early than it be released , it's really resonable..