Skip to content

Does a mod like this exist?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Quick Update: I started writing the dialogue this morning. It's going very well, I think.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Until mods are released, the actual options are:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("NeeraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")

Or

Girdle of Masculinity/feminility.

The old BG have few NPC mods anyway i think, and i never heard of romance packs for present NPCs in BG.
    Another update: I've written 80 lines of dialogue for this lovely new mistress. I think people will be pleased.

Here's a question: Would it be better (read: more interesting) to have an item (a magical "key" that can also be used as a dagger) that can cast Knock a number of times per day and focus on stealth-based skills, or to have an item that grants +20% to lockpicking and just max out that one skill?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Definitely the key!
    Well, it would be a key/dagger either way--it just changes whether it casts Knock or grants a lockpicking bonus. But I think I agree, a kind of "skeleton key" is more interesting.
    That would depend on which personality, style and background you gave to your NPC mod @Aosaw, could even be influenced by her race or chosen kit (but i believe you're going to make her human). if you care to my opinion i would like to contribute but a little spoiler about your NPC origins would be needed :)!
    I can justify it either way; I'm just gauging which would be more interesting.

I think personally I like the spell-use version better, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a stupid idea. ;)

As for spoilers, I'm afraid I can't say a whole lot at the moment. But I will say this: she makes her first appearance in BG1, and she's a modified version of an existing (non-recruitable) NPC.

Let the speculation commence!
    Syntia13
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Officer Vai? Always thought she might be an interesting NPC... but she has her duties I suppose.
    kamuizinAndreaColombo
    I dunno, Officer Vai really doesn't seem like the roguish type to me. And who else am I gonna sell bandit scalps to? :P

My first thought was Gyllian since you can actually hit on her as a woman in the original game. (Okay, considering how the dialogue usually goes, most likely the writers just forgot Charname could be female.) You meet her very early, she has almost complete story freedom with respect to canon, and no quests or dialogue will "break" if you recruit her, which is a significant advantage for a first mod. And Gyllian is a swashbuckly name. :D But her obscurity makes her an odd choice for a full NPC...unless you're like me...

Then I thought of Black Lily, but she's a merchant, and you don't meet her until Chapter Five...unless...hmm. However, if it's Black Lily, there's little room to class her as anything other than a thief. What if I had picked paladin? :P

A third possibility: Delainy. She won't spawn on the island for female PCs to begin with, so you could find some excuse for her to appear earlier and have an altered story arc. She could even have conflicts with Durlyle. However, the situation is ten times trickier if this Lady of Pain is bi.

Well, @Aosaw? Enough speculation for ya? ;)
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Aosaw - there are lockpicks in mods like Rogue Rebalancing and Aurora's Shoes. Not that that should stop you from making your item, just saying.

@Jalily - how does this qualify as "hitting on" Gyllian? Maybe something you overactively imagined? :P
    IF ~True()
    ~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
    SAY #19515 /* ~Ooh, hello! You must join me for a while, I insist.~ */
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19516 /* ~When a lady offers me a drink, how can I refuse?~ */ GOTO 1
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19517 /* ~You do seem to be enjoying yourself...~ */ GOTO 2
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
    SAY #19518 /* ~You are the life of the party, you are! ...This all reminds of a time when Betsy and I were still... Hoo, I'm so silly-- I don't know a Betsy!! Tee hee hee --hic-- whooo... ~ */
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
    ~ EXIT
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 0.1
    SAY #19519 /* ~I do enjoy my daily tipple, I do! (hic) Is it time for scones, yet?~ */
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
    ~ EXIT
    END
    Also, there's nothing particularly gendered in there (even whatever "Betsy" and she "were still" - she doesn't even know a Betsy).
    I like Delainy and Durlyle a lot, but no, it's not either of them.

I should clarify that previously, this character didn't appear until BG2; I'm giving her a cameo appearance in BG1, but you still won't be able to recruit her until Shadows of Amn.

I like the speculation, though, @Jalily! Keep it coming! :)
    @Miloch how do the lockpicks work? I might scavenge something from those if they work better than the Knock idea.
    So @Aosaw, it's a character that appears both in BG and BG II in the vanilla game?
    @Kamuizin No--it's a character that originally appeared in just BG2. Now the character will appear in BG1 as well, briefly, in order to establish backstory; you'll be able to recruit her in BG2, where she appeared normally.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Forgive me for intruding, but could it be the nice thief girl in the locks-and-traps-and-gold-and-gems room in Mae'Var's place? I never liked killing her.
    Quartz
    It could be. But it's not. :)

I did like that girl, though personally I'd want her to show up sooner than that.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2012
    Aosaw said:

It could be. But it's not. :)

I did like that girl, though personally I'd want her to show up sooner than that.

Ah, well, I guess I'll continue to do what I did last time then - skip that floor when I clear the guildhall for Renal and let her stay there, alive but very cross with me. Can't win them all...

edited November 2012
    @Miloch Did you miss the flirtatious subtext when you accept her offer? :P That's not how women normally talk to each other.

@Aosaw I'm guessing her first appearance isn't as late as the Underdark... Samia the tomb raider? :D
    @Jalily Yes, but no. :)
    I'm just smelling a new Valen mod? Who knows.

Lemme give a sequence of shots:

-Could be the feminist bartender from the wauken's promenade, the fat bartender woman that doesn't like males and has the drwarven party (that can become hostile) on the second floor.
    -Maybe the cheated wife in the Cooper Coronet (but how she would appear in BG i have no idea).
    -Mook maybe, the Shadow Thief that dies in the first shadow thief mission on chapter 3.
    -The talos highmistress (ada if i'm not wrong) from the temple district (really would like she to be the one).
    -Bylanna from the council of Six.
    -Lady D'Arnise (that would be a LOT FUN).
    -Myrela, the ranger from Umar Hills that was possesed by the Shadow Lord.
    -Raissa, the girl that is kidnapped by Rejiek if you go to trademeet after make the 2 major quests from the place and after solving the skining murderer from the bridge district.
    -The Rakhasha girl hiding in the druid grove.
    -Faldorn? (unlikely)
    -The Daughter of Garren Windspear (need work on the code on her, as the friendship character in the werewolf island, if you main char is male, it will be a daughter, if you main char is female, it will be a son).

So, you don't need to spoil the right one, but it's one of those?
    @kamuizin Nope. :)

This is kind of fun. Those are all great female NPCs, though; I wouldn't mind seeing one or more of them turn up as mods sooner or later.

My gal is somewhat less prominent, although if you've been following my posts the last couple of weeks, you might have heard me mention a name...
    edited November 2012
    The only name I remember is Neira, and she's in BG1. I'll let someone with better memory do this. :P

Well...I have one guess, but it would be almost trollish...eek. I'll just assume my guess is wrong because you wouldn't be so evil. :)

Edit: And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, that seals it!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Phaere.

Watch out, for you all know what they say of drow ladies in bed ... ;)
    Quartz
    I thought of her, but @Aosaw said her first appearance is before the Underdark. Phaere is also the "romance conflict character," and I don't know how easy it would be to maintain mod compatibility in that situation.

(I would love a Phaere/Valen mod though.)
    It is neither Neira nor Phaere. It's actually rather unlikely that you'll guess who it is; I've had to do some tinkering to make her "compatible".

Another hint: Her cameo appearance in BG1 will happen when you're in Candlekeep.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Aaaah... @Aosaw, I think I got it. I just can't remember her name, but if you think about it, it was the most obvious choice. I'll PM you my guess.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Andrea... don't do that. If you know it share it ;) don't leave us all hanging haha
    Don't worry, @IchigoRXC; he was wrong anyway. ;)
    Writing more banters. Now, if Keldorn wants to leave his wife, this NPC will talk him out of it and explain the situation to Mrs. Firecam.

Keldorn is reluctant to accept her help, because of what she is. :)
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Aosaw said:

Another hint: Her cameo appearance in BG1 will happen when you're in Candlekeep.

Phlydia the doppleganger?
    AndreaColombo