Skip to content

Repainted/edited portraits for Coran, Safana, Imoen, Rasaad, Dorn and female elf

trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Well, i've got new android tablet that supports wacom technology, so i decided to repaint/edit a few portraits of npc we all love and care about (or do not know who the hell are they anyway), in hopes to test its capabilities.

most of it is painting with some photo manipulation involved, to various extent. my aim was to produce portrait that would keep the familiar npc look, but also suited my vision, so you might disagree that following is improvement.
consider it just an experiment of mine that i'm contributing to community in case anybody else wants to use these.

so lets take a look, shall we?

first is coran, with :gasp: actual jaw! and not standing under a pony's tail (i'm afraid to think about the consequences of that). oh, and he has elf ears.

safana went through minor changes, resulting in more femme fatale (or simply: cheap) look, that IMO better suits her behaviour (i'm not suggesting non-skanks can't be seductive!).

i posted almost identical imoen before, this one is more painted and with few airbrush touches to make her slightly younger. i lessened static electricity so the main thing is she doesn't have a melon instead of hair. i like it the way it is so no big changes here. @Jalily you might take a look at this (as promised).

rasaad has more light to him and new nose, also added some jaw and shadows.

dorn is edited to better suit the cover for cosmopolitan :P. i also saturated and brightened colors on armor and sword, i think that will be better in small size onscreen.

everyone's crazy with buying new jaws and chins lately and this lady is no exception. what can i say? paint is somewhat visible, but i like it that way, so this is it for this bg1 version of aerie.

so there you have it, some edited portraits for you to use in the upcoming bg:ee game. below it's the download link with all appropriate sizes, although naming may be incorrect.

again, i edited these according to my taste, with various degrees of success, and my snarky comments on portraits do not in any way reflect my opinion (that is very high indeed) of artists who made them.

Download link, send me a pm if it's not working
Post edited by Coriander on
ShinJalilyPantalionBrudeMechaliburKaliestowaardeniusBugratAHFArchaosSkippyAldericSophiaMortiannaSmiling_ImpMoomintrollKietzelTJ_HookerreedmilfamPermidion_StarkAbelJaanivankhegBelgarathMTHAntonThe_New_RomanceBubbleboyPaladinMalbanHexHammerSilyaerefrygtBrimstonemch202ZanianLeezlLockFina92KosonShapiroKeatsDarkMageXavioriaFubbyBalquoKenjiLordShogunParasolsyndicatewintersOxvaMoradinKilivitzBlackravenlolien00zim00RodrianRaistlin82Dapifer

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Very nice, I like Imoen especially.
    waardeniusmch202
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Wow! Great job! I love all of these. :D
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Thanks for tagging me! These are excellent; I think I'll use almost all of them once BGEE comes out. I personally like Dorn's scowl in the original, but that's a difference of vision as you said. :) You're very talented.
    trinitlolien
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Well, I'll be the first a-hole:

I can definitely appreciate the work you've done, and it looks a TON better than 90% of edits I see...

But I still prefer the originals of all of them, sorry.
    Arcalian
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    thank you all for the comments :)

@Jalily i agree about the scowl in some measure, it shows personality more.

@Quartz no problem, i understand. original is original ;)
    Quartz
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I really like Imoen's new look. The hair is great.

Unnamed female elf is also great.
    Skippyswnmcmlxilolien
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Tanthalas said:

Unnamed female elf is also great.

Yes, the blonde elf is good, as is the reworked Safana
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    I like how you didn't make extreme changes, you put alot of thought into this. Also using Imoen's hairlength from the 2nd game was a nice touch too.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I like the new one for the female elf, but I also really liked her hat. I'm really at a loss as to which one I like better. Because on the one hand the long hair is nice, but on the other, ADORABLE HAAAAAT. I MISS IT.
    Kaxonmibbles
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    I'm going to keep your file on hand if said topic disappears off the forum, I would love to use your updated version of Imoen, your version makes more sense than most I've seen throughout the years.
    trinit
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    I really like your Coran and Rasaad
    @ToAll and it goes without saying i hope- thank you for comment (whether critique or praise) and i'm happy you like it and intend to use it in your games :)
    Paladin
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Coran's original pic always said to me "Do you know how much gold my parents spent on these teeth? I must show them off at every opportunity!"
    Quartz
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012

I don't know why, but for me this girl always looked like she was about to sneeze, lol.
    TJ_HookerPermidion_StarkAntonIllustair
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    trinit said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett i'm always surprised how much tastes differ. i think that hat makes her look like a servant girl for some reason :/

that said, i hope this will be satisfactory compromise:

i have to admit this might be improvement...

(just download by clicking on it, it is already in the largest supported version, and resize to smaller versions) :)

I am so going to have to find an excuse to use this.
    lolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Loved Imoen and the blonde elf!

I wouldn't change safana or coran, however!
    bumping the thread in case somebody new finds use of it :)
    lolien
  • ptondaptonda Member Posts: 35
    Awesome work! It really, really improves the original ones. Haven't you though on repaint other portraits? Maybe I'm a little bit selfish but I would really love to have some other improved portraits :)
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    Nicely done! Especially Coran and the last elf.

However, I can't say that Imoen looks any younger :(. She still looks like a bitter, middle-aged pig... Perhaps you could alter her eyebrows in some way? Such slim, crooked eyebrows make her look so much worse.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Almost agree with @DreamingViks . I think the left eyebrow on Imoen isn't quite 'right', but I don't think she looks bitter or piggish.

@trinit -

1) Love the new Coran a lot. Nicely done, that
    2) Safana is highly improved in that the lighter shades really fit
    3) Imoen is the best! I like that people are getting her to fit her age and voice better
    4) Rasaad is the best one, only because I do think the original is too dark
    5) Dorn - the first one I'm not liking. I didn't want him prettied up, I guess
    6) Elf -forget her name- from Candlekeep fighting tutorial - I like this one. I'd always thought the original was fine, though - for a bard or NG rogue. I'd recommend paler skin tones for the elven heritage, but that's just me

Anyway, good stuff and thank you for sharing! -bri
    i'm glad almost all portraits seem to find at least someone who likes them. if you use them, i'm happy.
    (except the pretty dorn... no one wants him :D )

anyway, @ptonda i was thinking about it, but i'm out of ideas. that's because i find most of the other portraits fine as they are, but if you have something in mind maybe i can do something about it (but i can't promise anything, because right now i'm doing what i wanted for some time now, a bg portrait of myself from the scratch and it's taking some time to nail the style).

@DreamingViks i'll try and see to it when i catch a break. when i post a result i'll tag you. :)

@reedmilfam thank you for the detailed comments ;)
    lolien
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Nice portraits, I like your Coran a lot and will be using this portrait for him, and most likely Safana's and Imoen's too.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    trinit said:

because right now i'm doing what i wanted for some time now, a bg portrait of myself from the scratch and it's taking some time to nail the style).

@trinit = probably because you need to stand under some neon lights to get the style!

J/K. Good luck with your portrait!
    trinit
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    Can someone post instructions on how you replace portraits?
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @jmanreis For NPCs, place them with the right name in the Override(-s) folder.
    Thanks
    edited November 2012
    Thanks