Skip to content

Neera the Wild Mage

Ok am really looking forward to BG:EE and am a ->huge<- fan

But just something thats annoying me greatly...

Neera looks ... ehh ..... plain......

She could maby get a slighty more attractive face ? am sorry might just be me thats spoiled with pretty people in computer games but Neera looks, well she just aint hot... she not downright ugly either but she not something i would hit on .........and yeah bring on the "you would get any" bla bla bla jokes....

But seriously i know i can just mod another photo inn when the games comes out but am i really the only one?

In a fantasy world where i pretend to be a super godling fighting dragons and such i wanna pick from the top lady shelves...

No i understand that romance is optional and everything but a big part of the EE edition is extra characters and i feel like the devs could at least upgrade the picture... i bet my life that even a half assed deviantart dude could create something that looks tons better and still keep the "character" looks intact..

But then again .. maby thats what the devs hope for ? but in that case its lazy ... soo..... fix pic plox?

Comments

• eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    edited November 2012
    Looks are different for everyone... what's 'hot' and 'hittable' to you can be downright ugly to someone else.

To me, she looks like she a lot of personality and simply looks beautiful as is.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I find her attractive, suppose it depends what your into.
    If the art was bad I would understand your complaint at least, but do you really want the Devs to pick portraits simply based on the sort of woman your attracted too?
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I think that the art is fantastic. I don't her to be incredibly attractive (although she's certainly not ugly), but I think that kind of thing doesn't matter-surely you care more about how she is written than how she looks? I would rather have an interesting companion than 'something i would hit on', as you so eloquently stated.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Her being hot or not doesn't bother me. I think she has an interesting look though which is important imo.
  • IronThroneOfBhaalIronThroneOfBhaal Member Posts: 24
    Neera's portrait is clearly the most attractive out of any other npc out there, bg1 or 2.
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65

Ok am really looking forward to BG:EE and am a ->huge<- fan

But just something thats annoying me greatly...

Neera looks ... ehh ..... plain......

She could maby get a slighty more attractive face ? am sorry might just be me thats spoiled with pretty people in computer games but Neera looks, well she just aint hot... she not downright ugly either but she not something i would hit on .........and yeah bring on the "you would get any" bla bla bla jokes....

But seriously i know i can just mod another photo inn when the games comes out but am i really the only one?

In a fantasy world where i pretend to be a super godling fighting dragons and such i wanna pick from the top lady shelves...

No i understand that romance is optional and everything but a big part of the EE edition is extra characters and i feel like the devs could at least upgrade the picture... i bet my life that even a half assed deviantart dude could create something that looks tons better and still keep the "character" looks intact..

But then again .. maby thats what the devs hope for ? but in that case its lazy ... soo..... fix pic plox?</p>

I wanna bet you would make out with her if you could.. so stop complaining...

If you ask me... she actually looks pretty natural and nice.. but I guess its a matter of opinion.. personal I don't judge girl in videogames on the premise (would I sleep with her?) but rather "is the char well written" and if it comes down to looks.. well.. then its more if the look suits the personality of the char.
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    Look

Dudes we are talking about a "fictional" girl here in the making. we can chill a bit on the

"its the inside that counts" and all that stuff that am sure we all follow by the book in real life.

but

This is a fantasy game about dragons eating dwarfs, i dont think swedish feminist are gonna bust your balls for caring about a character portrait and not how she is written. Well maby they would but anyway

no am just saying that the character portrait of Neera is well too plain. Am not saying they should make her a bombshell or whatever.. Aerie and Jahira and Vic all had uniqe pictures. But i still dont understand the coloration difference, the dept lack in the face, the chin size and eye placements.

Example

Compare
    http://i.ehow.co.uk/images/a04/89/ms/acquire-aerie-baldurs-gate-2-1.5-800X800.jpg

http://pockettactics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/neera_wild_mage.jpg

Lets say its intentional that this Neera is supposed to be a bit "less attractive"

I still say the picture needs work

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    Attractiveness is a matter of opinion anyway, and how well the portrait fits the character matters to me much more than how hot they are. Neera's portrait fits her very well.

As for the style, Aerie's portrait is supposed to fit BG2, not the first game.

Post edited by Jalily on
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    Sorry friend, but imo Neera is the most attractive of the two - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ;)

Is it not possible to change npc's picture?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I find Neera much more attractive than Aerie...Wait, I'm not really having this conversation am I?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    edited November 2012

Look

Dudes we are talking about a "fictional" girl here in the making. we can chill a bit on the

"its the inside that counts" and all that stuff that am sure we all follow by the book in real life.

but

This is a fantasy game about dragons eating dwarfs, i dont think swedish feminist are gonna bust your balls for caring about a character portrait and not how she is written. Well maby they would but anyway

no am just saying that the character portrait of Neera is well too plain. Am not saying they should make her a bombshell or whatever.. Aerie and Jahira and Vic all had uniqe pictures. But i still dont understand the coloration difference, the dept lack in the face, the chin size and eye placements.

Example

Compare
    http://i.ehow.co.uk/images/a04/89/ms/acquire-aerie-baldurs-gate-2-1.5-800X800.jpg

http://pockettactics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/neera_wild_mage.jpg

Lets say its intentional that this Neera is supposed to be a bit "less attractive"

I still say the picture needs work

...Please tell me your trolling here, But I will bite just in case.

It does not matter if the female is "fictional" or not, the fact is that you believe that females in games exist just for you to drool over. I don't put up with chauvinistic misogyny on these forums, but you are new (Presumably) so I will be nice this time. Keep pig-headed comments to yourself, please.
    edited November 2012

Sorry friend, but imo Neera is the most attractive of the two - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ;)

Is it not possible to change npc's picture?

Yeah i just dont understand the deal.. i think the picture is plain and poorly made.

Its easy to fix the picture, most people here have done it many many times i figure with main character, i personaly used icewind dale portraits when i played bg last time.

Jalily said it to keep everything to BG standard, i checked the portraits there and i dont agree, but anyway , it is a enchanted edition , they would be fools not to employ the upgraded pictures from bg2 since they have the lisence now and they will use the exact same platform to enchant bg2 and throne of bhaal :)

Maby am the minority here, and that am spoiled with the other portraits and cannot enjoy our tomboyish chin girl, and before all you white knights go ape, this is a Fictional girl... okay.. fictional .. she wont get upset ... trust me

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/prototypen/prototypen.htm

i just think she is more right side then left,and i still think they should upgrade the quality of the portrait

The pictures of the tattoo dude, totaly not ripped from The Painted Man :) looks much better.. and they also got another picture of Neera where she is holding a magic orb... there she looks tons better

edited November 2012
    I would much rather have a "plain" but real female character who is well written...Then just some "Beauty" (That site you linked disgusts me BTW) who is not written well and only exists for shallow pigs to have their jollies looking at.
    edited November 2012
    LordsDarkKnight185

---------------------
    ...Please tell me your trolling here, But I will bite just in case.

It does not matter if the female is "fictional" or not, the fact is that you believe that females in games exist just for you to drool over. I don't put up with chauvinistic misogyny on these forums, but you are new (Presumably) so I will be nice this time. Keep pig-headed comments to yourself, please.
    -----------------------

Am not trolling and not hating anyone. Are you aware that we are talking about a fictional character in a RPG game that is marketing itself with a ROMANCE aspect ? That i am being targetet by a company to buy ?

ehem let me put it this way mate :)

Keep your "intelligent comments to yourself sir" and if you got something to say to me. Please send me a message ill respond in kind

Yeah and that website only got pictures of computer animated people, and its science... love or hate it
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    Well maybe her picture, beautyful or not, fits her personality quite well, there's no way of knowing atm, but either way I just don't really see it as a big deal. Also, the pictures "quality" seems just fine to me, so again I don't see any problem with it. If it truly is a problem to you, then why not just change it yourself ;)
    Quartz said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The one in the Black Pits? We should avoid beauty then? >.>;
  • klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    The game is not being marketed exlusively to you, @Medivh1234.
    And, btw, you're in no position to take the moral high ground here, considering the patronizing contempt with which you have engaged other commenters so far.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Asking for the picture to be fixed implies there's something wrong with it. Not liking it is a personal preference, nothing more. I think it's fine, and I am sure plenty of people agree. As you said yourself, you could just download an alternative one if it really bothered you.
    klatu said:

The game is not being marketed exlusively to you, @Medivh1234.
    And, btw, you're in no position to take the moral high ground here, considering the patronizing contempt with which you have engaged other commenters so far.

You know that argument can go both ways right? and the moral high ground when talking about fictional people is shaky at best, and i never claimed it.

But i have been called shallow pig/chauvinistic and i dont see you rushing to my defence even if you agree or not.

Now if people that are saying they love the picture, love the quality. well then thats that i guess.

But if my opinion "about a character portrait is to plain" is being countered with that am to sexist to see past the picture then its bias and irrelevant. Wanting a better picture says nothing about making her a blond dumb doll following me around derpa derping into hulks getting confused :) You *can* be pretty and have a good personality also -.- and i would assume thats the women i would go for as a super mage, the pretty and smart... but again... am sexist and piggy...

Honesly if you had the choice, if you could MAKE your girlfriend... and am talking fictional now.. like in ... a video game... a fictional game with you in the center , where everything is about YOU....

ohwell

Asking for the picture to be fixed implies there's something wrong with it. Not liking it is a personal preference, nothing more. I think it's fine, and I am sure plenty of people agree. As you said yourself, you could just download an alternative one if it really bothered you.

Everything is personal preference mate. In my eyes it IS something wrong with it.. get it ? Think mass effect ending... If enough people dont like it they change it,some people disagreed and am sure they used your comment word for word. There is no reason for me not to ask anything, and you can agree to not agree... The point being i think its needs fixing , i think the devs should do it since they are selling me a upgraded version of a old game and i think it looks plain... you disagree... opinion noted.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited November 2012
    Neera is quite attractive imo. We have a certain image of beauty strongly impressed upon us by the media which I think causes some to have difficulty appreciating different kinds of physical grace but c'est la vie.

Either way this beholder finds Neera to be a tasty crumpet.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Speaking of beauty, most men still consider Marilyn Monroe to be extremely attractive despite the best efforts of various industries to push the image of women as sticks with balloons tied on.

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder and men like women with a little meat on them =3
  • IronThroneOfBhaalIronThroneOfBhaal Member Posts: 24
    @jean_luc speaking of beauty, can we derail for a moment and discuss Captain Picard? Yum.

@jean_luc speaking of beauty, can we derail for a moment and discuss Captain Picard? Yum.

*Thread derailment time?*

Mmm Professor Xavier...You can mind-f*** me anytime I MEAN What were we talking about again? >.>
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    CaptRory said:

Speaking of beauty, most men still consider Marilyn Monroe to be extremely attractive despite the best efforts of various industries to push the image of women as sticks with balloons tied on.

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder and men like women with a little meat on them =3

Not just men. ;)
    edited November 2012
    Jean_Luc said:

Neera is quite attractive imo. We have a certain image of beauty strongly impressed upon us by the media which I think causes some to have difficulty appreciating different kinds of physical grace but c'est la vie.

Either way this beholder finds Neera to be a tasty crumpet.

Funny, the evil media strikes again with its evil beauty tyranny.

Well if your gonna use that argument at least link a good picture, using some crap random image from google.

Lemme help you
    http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Gemma_Atkinson/216169/Gemma_Atkinson_88.jpg
    Well... at least i find it pretty

And yes Schneidend i read your post.. funny... You hit the ball straight into the goal mate... grats... you got me so bad... am breaking apart here.... seriously...

If people want plain Neera they will get plain Neera.. we can just voice our opinions...

And BTW people .....

Marylin Monre was NOT plain and not fat , she was !"¤!"¤

http://stuffpoint.com/marilyn-monroe/image/40618-marilyn-monroe-admirable.jpg

She was the ultimate wet dream of her time and ... well awesome