Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I've only beaten TOB once, and I walked into Watcher's Keep with that character prior to the final ToB areas and was like "ehh...nah". I'll do it probably in the BG2EE playthrough, but I don't see myself beating Watcher's Keep before then.
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    elminster said:

I've only beaten TOB once, and I walked into Watcher's Keep with that character prior to the final ToB areas and was like "ehh...nah". I'll do it probably in the BG2EE playthrough, but I don't see myself beating Watcher's Keep before then.

<.< neither have I...Demogorgons hard D<
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Ok party update =)

Elminster - Druid -(half-elf)
    xxxsmb1987xxx - Fighter-(Human)
    LordsDarkKnight185-Thief-(Dwarf)
    Ascerion - Berserker -(Half-Orc)

If I screwed this up let me know ill fix it .

LordsDarkKnight185elminster
    I got lucky with Demegorgon he glitched out and just stood there this is after he massacred my party prob 15x's =(
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Very cool! Hopefully we get some interested mages/priests soon. :)
    elminster
    Hmmm im not sure how to promote the thread without sounding annoying to other people im still relatively new to the forum thing =/
    Big question, is this a plan for the Black Pits or the Main Campaign, eventually both?
    edited November 2012
    @Ascerion
    @elminster
    @LordsDarkKnight185

Any of you know what alignment your going to be? im thinking chaotic good for myself =)
    It's late at night, perhaps in the morning we will see some new faces. We still have 5 days to wait, heh.
    LordsDarkKnight185xxxsmb1987xxx
    Well keep in mind for our time right now its pretty late. Like Europe will be waking up around now (its 6:50am in mainland Europe). So we might have to wait for more North Americans to show up tomorrow before we find anyone else (not to say that we won't).
    LordsDarkKnight185xxxsmb1987xxx

@Ascerion
    @elminster
    @LordsDarkKnight185

Any of you know what alignment your going to be? im thinking chaotic good for myself =)

I can do whatever, but i would lean towards NG
    Neutral Good, for me. Lords, it was my understanding that the Black Pits was a sort of "Endgame Challenge" boss rush type of game mode? We could try it afterwards if so.
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    I may be interested in joining as well, however I haven't had a chance to play the game before so I wouldn't want to hinder you guys.
    @LordsDarkKnight185 Im hoping both it doesnt matter which one we do first im up for either we can decide once we get more people and further details =)
    edited November 2012
    Well being a Druid I was leaning towards being chaotic evil, but then ad&d rules slapped me in the face saying "NO". So I'll be neutral.
    I recommend any of the Gamefaqs guides by D.Simpson. They are really very informative. I'm new as well, so please don't be afraid to join us!
    But under BGEE neutral NPC's actually like having high rep more than they like having low rep, so based on that from a reputation standpoint I probably would lean good or neutral.
    Ascerion said:

Neutral Good, for me. Lords, it was my understanding that the Black Pits was a sort of "Endgame Challenge" boss rush type of game mode? We could try it afterwards if so.

it is a gauntlet, but you start at level 1 and end at like 15 or so. (though you can import your character, but I don't know if they drop you to level 1 or what the details are. you cannot export back out, form my understanding)
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    If there is still room, I can play a fighter or thief... Or fighter thief dualclass!
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    @Miahkai you welcome to join we were all new once if anything it will help you learn and could provide unintentional funniness for us =)
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    Well alright then, though seeing the need for a Mage or a cleric, I find myself interested in playing a CG Elven Wild Mage, which could really spice things up, and be different from my fighter/thief SP run
    edited November 2012
    Party update

Elminster-Druid -(half-elf)-Neutral
    xxxsmb1987xxx-Fighter-(Human)-Choatic good
    LordsDarkKnight185-Thief-(Dwarf)-Neutral good
    Ascerion-Berserker-(Half-Orc)-Neutral good
    Miahkai-Wild Mage-(Elf)-Choatic good
    Miahkai said:

I may be interested in joining as well, however I haven't had a chance to play the game before so I wouldn't want to hinder you guys.

Your a 100% newbie? its not a problem with me, i'm sure all of us will want to play single-player for a while before we decide to group up. :)
    And if we need it a friend of mine is willing to play Mage for us if someone else cant.
    @Miahkai I remember my first time playing my wizard getting insta-killed by a group of xvarts and my uncle laughing hysterically im not sure if your going to top that lol =P
    MedullaOblongata
    Miahkai said:

Hey you are welcome to join us. Have you had the chance to check out the manuals for the game yet?

http://www.beamdog.com/files/bgee/BGManual2.pdf

If you go to page 34 on that you can check out the different classes. The game is a little complicated to pick up initially, but surrounding yourself with experienced players is a great way to break the ice. If you have any questions let me know I've been playing off and on since like 1999.
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    This thread is going way to fast lol...i just came across as sounding condescending lol.
    @LordsDarkKnight185 sounds good to me always nice to have back up members
    @elminster yea im having issues keeping up lol im working on the party update and my whole left side of the screen is filling up with notifications lol.
    elminster
    @MedullaOblongata sure sorry lol thread is going to fast =p
    MedullaOblongata