Skip to content

How do you feel about Neera the Wild Mages Portrait

Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
Anonymous Vote about Neera`s Character potrait.

Here is Neera
http://www.baldursgate.com/images/neera/NeeraPortrait.jpg

And a few original photos to compare
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2/encounters/npcs/viconia/viconia.jpg
http://www.baldursgate.com/images/rasaad/RasaadPortrait.jpg

Well second is not but you get the picture

1. How do you feel about Neera the Wild Mages Portrait193 votes
    1. High Quality, she is attractive
      61.14%
    2. Could be better Quality, she is Attractive
      20.21%
    3. Could be better Quality, she looks plain
      13.47%
    4. Bad Quality, she is unattractive
        5.18%
Post edited by Medivh1234 on

Comments

• Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    Since everyone has a opinion the best way to show it is with a poll.

I invite everyone to vote, so we as clear view of the case as possible.

I selected these 4 choices since they would prob get most of the opinions i picked up around online and ofc this forum
    Tanthalas said:

One topic to complain about Neera's portrait wasn't enough for you?

You dont have to be part of the vote if you dont want to Tanthalas, am not forcing you at gunpoint to join in... but am betting you did vote just now right ?

And for all you new people reading its Neera from this character link we are talking about

http://www.bgthewide.com/Pages/BG1EENPCs.aspx
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited November 2012
    High quality = attractive?

Edit: Zing! @Tanthalas
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Why not edit in the portraits and alternate examples into the first post so people don't have to go looking.
    Ok maby there is a language barrier here somewhere

1.means you think its a high quality picture and she is attractive
    2 means you think it could be better quality but she is attractive
    3 means you think it could be better quality and that she is not that attractive
    4 means you dont like the quality or the looks

Everyone on the boat ?
    decado said:

Why not edit in the portraits and alternate examples into the first post so people don't have to go looking.

uhh yes am sorry , i am new to forums... am not to stable on all the functions yet

decado said:

Not really. A picture could be high quality yet I find them unattractive, Faldorn for example.

I would like to see the 'This is a dumb poll' option.

How about you pretend its a choice, then select it? hmm ? it takes less time and dont muddy up the vote
    Pantalion said:

Where's the "It's a good quality, she's a little weird looking but who gives a damn about attractiveness in a computer game picture, all the BG NPCs were pretty weird looking and you could easily replace them with five seconds of work anyway" option?

That would be closest to choice 3 in my opinion... its a vote.. am not holding you people at gunpoint, dont wanna vote.. dont vote...

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    I like her portrait. I guess I wouldn't mind it with a bit more saturation and increasing the hue a bit:

For comparison this is Neera in her original state:

But this is easily done with any freeware image editor.

On the other hand, arguably she does look she might have a slight case of jaundice in the revised one... I'm sure someone with a bit more skill than me can get her coloration just so.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    I feel that Neera is just one Wild Mage. *deadpan*

I feel that quality of a picture has no impact on attractiveness of the character it portrays.
    In case you don't mean quality of the picture:
    I feel that attractiveness of a character has no impact on their 'quality' and vice versa. *also deadpan*
    Syntia13 said:

I feel that Neera is just one Wild Mage. *deadpan*

I feel that quality of a picture has no impact on attractiveness of the character it portrays.
    In case you don't mean quality of the picture:
    I feel that attractiveness of a character has no impact on their 'quality' and vice versa. *also deadpan*

Medivh1234 Posts: 22
    2:45PM
    Ok maby there is a language barrier here somewhere

1.means you think its a high quality picture and she is attractive
    2 means you think it could be better quality but she is attractive
    3 means you think it could be better quality and that she is not that attractive
    4 means you dont like the quality or the looks

Everyone on the boat ?

decado said:

Not really. A picture could be high quality yet I find them unattractive, Faldorn for example.

How about you pretend its a choice, then select it? hmm ? it takes less time and dont muddy up the vote
    I am doing. I am not voting.

decado said:

decado said:

I am doing. I am not voting.

Its Democracy at its finest, poll is going a bit slower than i expected just like 11 votes.. a whopping 80% is loving the direction so far but i like to get like at least 50 people to vote
    Seems like a small increase for better quality... but its still to small amout of votes to say anything
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I voted for the 2nd option only because it could be higher quality in the sense that it doesn't quite blend in with the original portraits.

Attractiveness is subjective so unless you do mean the art style and direction, this whole thing is a bit pointless. ^^
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm getting curious about the apparent correlation between bad English and an unusual disposition to create polls.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    So if I think she's weird looking like every other BG NPC, that infers that I believe the picture to be of substandard quality? Interesting.
    Kilivitz said:

I'm getting curious about the apparent correlation between bad English and an unusual disposition to create polls.

If you want my attention mate, you could just send me a personal message. Then you can cleverly insult me the entire day!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    She looks like a Manga character
    Pantalion said:

So if I think she's weird looking like every other BG NPC, that infers that I believe the picture to be of substandard quality? Interesting.

I though about adding choice

High Quality , she looks plain

But i figured people that wanted the image change would opt for the option 3 anyway and people that liked it would go for option 1

In retrospect this was not the best solution but i figured people to have so strong opinions that they would go for either of those choices anyway.

The people with strong opinions generally have different ones to the options you have offered - all of which are very narrow in their choice.

A 'none of the above' would have an overwhelming majority as you'll find most people disagree with all of those options.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459

If you want my attention mate, you could just send me a personal message. Then you can cleverly insult me the entire day!

I didn't mean it as a personal attack. Apologies if you were insulted, although I can't see why you would be.
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2012
    Something a little less pink would have worked for me, like this maybe :
    image versus image
    Post edited by Sanctifer on
    decado said:

The people with strong opinions generally have different ones to the options you have offered - all of which are very narrow in their choice.

A 'none of the above' would have an overwhelming majority as you'll find most people disagree with all of those options.

You dont like my poll decado, i get it.. you said so.. your not voting...

But we can at least agree that the people who like and hate the picture will vote right?

If you have a personal opinion about the portait case, besides you hating the poll and beliving it to be stupid then i love to hear it.

But i did get that you didnt like my poll, i dont need to hear it another time.

I could add a choice like none of the above but i wouldnt get any information on it besides that those people didnt care.. and i can get that by just looking at the number of total votes via times viewed

• DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Why does everyone have to be attractive? She is a person, dont like her, dont pick her up.
    What would happen with originality if you were in charge?