Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    What? You expect me to rob an honest merchant of their goods that they had worked so hard to gather together in order to peddle in a dangerous land??

Lol I am pickpocket junkie! :D

"Medulla, do not pick-pocket Elminster. MEDULLA WHAT ARE YOU DOING. MEDULLA. STAHP."
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Heh man you can go ahead and pickpocket Elminster. But I am not responsible for what that doppleganger does to you :p
    MedullaOblongataxxxsmb1987xxx
    edited November 2012
    You won a BONUS DOUBLE-POST!!!¡ *confetti*
    elminsterLordsDarkKnight185xxxsmb1987xxx
    I think you just double posted :)
    MedullaOblongata
    Question: how will we be communicating with each other in-game? I'm all for voice chat such as Mumble or Google Hangout... Skype is a memory devourer.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Question: how will we be communicating with each other in-game? I'm all for voice chat such as Mumble or Google Hangout... Skype is a memory devourer.

I assumed we would all be using the built-in typing chat feature?
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    I'm up for in-game text or voice. Though judging from the original post I'm expecting mostly in character conversation.
    I have no problem using in-game typing, but any necessary communication that needs to be done during the heat of combat would quickly become unfeasible.
    I've got a mic on my laptop. Not sure how good the mic is. Otherwise typing is the only option for me.
    edited November 2012
    In most of the battles I don't see it being an issue since there are many of us. If I for instance stick to my part as a healer there really isn't much anyone can communicate to me other than "HOLY HELL I'M GONNA DIE". Plus the leader can always pause.

Plus I can see the health of other people along the side so for me its actually a pretty easy role.
  • eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
    Anyone interested in starting party #2? =]
    Haven't decided yet on a class, but I'll probably play a human, NG
    I have a vent server we can chat on if interested...
    MedullaOblongataxxxsmb1987xxx
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Sure. I'm on board for a party.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I should have mentioned that I am on GMT-5/EST, if that helps.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Hello guys and gals sorry I have been busy I have no Issue with building a second party if we can get enough people for one, if we cant we can try for replacements in case someone is busy, or sick , or just cant make it.
    edited November 2012
    Party 1

Elminster-Druid -(half-elf)-Neutral
    xxxsmb1987xxx-Fighter-(Human)-Choatic good
    LordsDarkKnight185-Cleric/Mage-(Half-elf)-Neutral good
    Ascerion-Berserker-(Half-Orc)-Neutral good
    Miahkai-Wild Mage-(Elf)-Choatic good
    MedullaOblongata-Fighter/thief-(HE/halfling)-Choatic Good

Party 2

Eyeofthegoat-??-(Human)-Neutral Good
    @elminster
    @Miahkai
    @MedullaOblongata
    @LordsDarkKnight185
    @eyeofthegoat

I figured the in game chat would work well as long as we dont rush off into a un explored room by ourselves and stick together we should be fine, If we can all agree on what voice chat program to use we could use voice chat I would need to find a mic though =P
    @MedullaOblongata if you want to pick pocket Elminster please tell me so I can get as far away as possible before you do =)
    elminster
    edited November 2012
    Yea sorry but I think I'll be playing on my desktop so no mic for me. Like I said though so long as I keep everyone alive it shouldn't be the end of the world. Healing will likely take up a lot of my lower (level 1) spells.
    Yea I dont think you really need a mic for these types of games, FPS more then likely but RPG/Strategy in game chat should be more then sufficent =)
    elminsterLordsDarkKnight185Miahkai
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I am willing to use Teamspeak or Ventrilo to communicate. I have a headset.
    @Ascerion Im thinking well prob sort this out closer to when the game is playable or after we start playing and we find the games in game chat isnt really working for us which I dont think will be much of a problem
    elminsterLordsDarkKnight185
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    I am used to using chat in games to communicate. Played D2:LoD that way for years, heh. Just wasn't sure if we would need that extra second or two of time that would be saved from yelling "Oh Sh*t! Heal me!"

vs:

[Typing] Oh sh*t! Hea--*dead*
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    edited November 2012
    Lol thats were I got pretty good at using in game chat lol. We should be ok if our healers are paying attention they should be able to see our health bars on the side of the screen in multiplayer. We just need to be careful about running into rooms blindly or solo. Im sure most of us knows whats awaiting in most of the rooms in the game, for example I know all to well what awaits us underneath candlekeep. *shudder*
    edited November 2012
    Plus once you get the hang of the game the most likely thing to kill a member in a full party are probably actually going to be traps, especially lightning bolt traps (which as an example are found underneath candlekeep as well as a few other areas). Depending upon who hits it the healers in our party may not be any help (especially in the case of our wild mage given his health).
    @elminster im still kinda worried about the crazy spell surges that can happen more then the traps at the moment but I cant wait to see how much destruction that our wild mage will inflict on us apposed to our foes lol.

@elminster im still kinda worried about the crazy spell surges that can happen more then the traps at the moment but I cant wait to see how much destruction that our wild mage will inflict on us apposed to our foes lol.

Especially in confined spaces when running away from a summoned demon is not an option :)
    Imagine running from the demon inside the (maze) lol I really hope the pathfinding is better or I might have to record and youtube the outcome of that =p
    edited November 2012
    Ohh god that would be the shortest fight ever. If you didn't get killed by the demon, the kobolds, mage, or the seemingly endless traps would get you.
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    lol I need to make a mental note and have our mage fail over and over until he summons a demon. By that point in the game though I wonder if we would be a high enough level to bring down the demon most of us would be level 6-8 by that point?
  • eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
    Paladin said:

I should have mentioned that I am on GMT-5/EST, if that helps.

That would be cool. I'm EST myself, but I'm sure we can work something out. Is it too safe to assume you'll be playing a paladin?