Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @reedmilfam funny like a kick in the teeth
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    @Syntia13 This thread was wondering when you were coming home.
    This thread has been slaving over a hot forge all week and you've been out gallivanting around with the girdle thread. This thread saw you through the tavern window, being all lovey-dovey with Edwina & Maz. How could you? How. Could. You?
    Syntia13BelgarathMTH
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Photobucket

@Akerhon Here is a quick mockup of what aerie might look like as a drow. It is very rough, I may get around to doing a proper one at some point.
    MoomintrollAkerhonSeaJeyAristillius
    @IchigoRXC Thanks! :)
    i mean whitish light colors (ok, i'm not even an english speaker)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Wow, that's perfect! Thank you! :D
    Syntia13
    @Akerhon Like this?

Or like this?image
    Akerhon
    @IchigoRXC exactly!
    Are even fine these colors: red, lavender, blue, purple, amber ...
    @IchigoRXC The color you used on Aerie it's perfect! :)
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    Look... am sorry but does anyone have any cool pictures thats not just a badly damaged croped version of a original portrait or a even worse version where you digitaly alter some crap tv face into the damn thing

Ok people less of this http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vg/image/1343/38/1343380627624.jpg
    dont ask how i found that btw

and more of this

Not perfect, not exactly same style, but handmade and original.
    http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o540/linteur/nviconlorig.png
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/012/4/a/Baldur__s_Gate_2__Blinded_by_lesatho.jpg

Just give me anything besides the "Imoen with a few extra chromosomes and Minsc with copy past beard
    SullaLetundiel
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    You have any original art to share Medivh1234? people like different styles. And different people have different artistic skills.
    SophiaJairyanna
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    *rolls eyes*

You have any original art to share Medivh1234? people like different styles. And different people have different artistic skills.

No i do not have any original art to share mate, i suck at photoshop/gimp and while i might be able to "vampire\emo" my selfpics or maby digitaly merge Tom Selleck into the imoen portrait... i rather spare everyone that horror.

Though that would be kinda awesome, i pay good coin for some Tom Imoen Selleck btw...

But i pay even more for a well made Sorc portrait. Think the likes of Ioulam, Karsus and Mannshoon

edited November 2012
    This post was intended to other people in this forum @IchigoRXC "i could make a bankai joke here". There will always be a market for Buffy\imoen or Viconia with freckles... and hey .... i think i found Aerie with bracers once....

But i like our talented artist to really dig deep down and picture the next elminster,Drizzt og any character for that matter

What if the people making World of Warcraft Art decides to pitch in a few min to make a portrait?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/fanart/#1152
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/fanart/#1041
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/fanart/#531
    "allot good stuff here btw, i just randomly choose from the smaller picture while flipping"

Am gonna bet my left testi that whoever made that fan art, could make one badass portrait and it would not likely be a mix of imoen and the cast of private practice "girl show google it"

I know there are limitations, smaller fanbase, ect ect.... but i really love those kind of quality baldurs gate fan art.....

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @IchigoRXC makes a valid point and, whoosh, it flies well over the head. Apparently, the only 'talented artist' is the one that makes something that is liked by the writer of that post and everything else is crappy. While I freely admit that I have my own tastes in what I do and do not like, that doesn't make those that like what I do 'right', and those that like what I do not 'wrong'.

You get more from sugar than vinegar. Post some examples of what you like and have a discourse with people; you might find that that same person that makes a wonderful photoshop of real people can also do some amazing original work.

*sighs*
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    IchigoRXC said:

The latest version of my quick colour. Touched up a little

Edit: Forgot to mention, Drow Aerie likes purple... you may have noticed :p

@IchigoRXC Nice work, here. The only thing I wonder is if there's a way to 'feather in' the forehead so you get sort of a mix of hair and skin tint along the line separating the skin and the hair layer. The portrait above that with the guy in the lighting (by @Syntia13 ) has something of what I mean. Anyway, I think it would really give a nice finished look, if it's even possible. Gods know that I couldn't do it without mucking up the whole thing!

Ninja yes (not really), artist, no (really).
    edited November 2012
    @reedmilfam

Look mate, photoshoppin various sitcom faces into already existing BG image is not something you can put away at the end of the day and say something like

"Damn i really gave it all, this is the peek of my abilities, my own Hanna Montana\Sarevok portrait"

Now that may be pushing it, but you kind of agree dont you?

Look at the links i just posted "last post "and tell me if you like that sort of quality BG fan art, or another photoshop imoen mixed with some celeb

Am well aware of your "point" but the artist that can actually do this will hover a few feet over the rest i say.

@IchigoRXC reminds eyebrows :P
    ha......ha........ha
    dont wanna talk, then dont talk mate
    edited November 2012
    @reedmilfam Yeah, the forehead needs a bit of work and the definition of the throat is bugging me. It keeps drawing my eyes and it really shouldn't.
    I have 2 versions of her on the go at the moment, switching back n forth with various bits n bobs. they each have their own colour variation and have faults and issues in different places haha.
    Maybe in a bit I will upload them both to show the differences.

And @Akerhon, Yeah I know about the eyebrows, but everytime I try and make them silvery, they look terrible >.< so at the moment they are staying that way until I find a suitable way to make them the same colour at the hair. Maybe @Syntia13 has some advise on eyebrows.
    ok xD
    ughh.... its black, you dont fix black... select the forehead and a patch of hair.. invert the colors... fix the eyebrows... revert
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    **Publicly skewers people for no good reason.

**Complains about people asking for completely unnecessary rudeness to stop not privately messaging him.
    reedmilfamLadyEibhilinRhettermo
This discussion has been closed.