Skip to content

Anyone here from Diablo 3 ????

subterrasubterra Member Posts: 49
edited November 2012 in Off-Topic
Just wondering how many Diablo 3 players are looking for a new home ? ;)
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Diablo 3, such name shall not be written in this wonderful forum!
    LaccehKirkoralannahsmithankheg
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Extreme disappointment indeed.
    Kirkor
  • KrOKrO Member Posts: 21
    I played d3 for a few months. Had a lvl 47 paragon monk when I stopped a few weeks ago. Surprised I played it as far in as I did tbh.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I actually enjoyed it the first playthrough, but I grew tired of it REALLY fast. Disappointment yeah. And I cant understand people who replay it indefinately just for items. The atmosphere, which was so good in D2, just isnt there anymore.
    KirkorCleave
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    When I want to play WoW, well I dont anymore.
    When I want some Diablo...I toss in Diablo 2.

Nuff said.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    I played a bit of D3, but it just became so tedious and repetitive that i stopped at around lvl 25 paragon
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2012
    I played some D3, made some money while markets were not frozen but it's generally hard to sell something after 3 weeks after the latest patch. Only level 31 paragon, am inactive for several weeks now. I've actually pre-ordered Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition with d3 money. :p
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    been there done that... never again....
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Wash your mouth out! ;-)
    LordsDarkKnight185mch202
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I was so supportive, when Diablo III was in development. I like the art style, but the game became boring really fast. It's too repetitive and there was lack of random generated dungeons.
    Big dissappointment for me, because this could be one of the best games of last decade.
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Eh, I enjoyed D3 as much as I did D2.
    State_Lemmingleyshjonoe
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Most of the problems I have with Diablo 3 I have with 2, but I find them enjoyable with friends.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Diablo 3 never lived to it's hype, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game - it's doing very good job as a hack n slash. It contains some fun killers (action house in general is one big fun killer), but it's up to players how they are going to play. If someone is stupid enough to waste over half of gameplay time on AH, then that's their fault and problem.

I do not understand some arguments about game being repetitive. It's not like Diablo 2 gameplay felt any other way - in fact, it was more repetitive (because killing Mephisto/Pindleskin over and over again was soo fascinating...). Do not mention the fact that over half of the morons on battle.net weren't even beating the game, instead they are just allowing to "rush" their characters, of whatever it is called.

Oh, by the way. I'm like hundred times more comfortable to talk about this game here, than on actual Diablo forum. Why? People.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    Diablo 3 had a HUGE shoes to fill, and sadly D3's feet were abit to small to fill them, well atleast for me.
    In my opinion they took to many things from Diablo2 that i liked and changed it into something i didnt like (not sure if that is the best way to describe it, just can't seem to find the right words for it at this time, so my appologize;) )

Edit: I used to love ARPGs, but lately i've seen to just not finding them fun anymore, neither D3 nor Torchlight 1 and 2 have given me much fun:(
    Aristillius
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    I got the game on release night and I tried to play but servers were crowded so I waited...and waited...and waited...Never had I experienced such rage whilst trying to play my newly acquired single player game. I eventually got to play and beat the game in about 3 and a half hours then I said...now what? No real money auction house like they promised...no pvp like they promised...no difference between story lines based on class...horrible lag on what for me is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME...worst waste of $60 for me to date.
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    Hell, no. I was never a fan of the original two and never understood their appeal. A game such as Baldur's Gate is the complete antithesis to something like Diablo. I spend more time with the game paused and giving commands in a fight than I do clicking my mouse button rapidly.
    Cyhort
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    I've always HATED Diablo. To me it's everything an RPG shouldn't be. It has no real story, no choices, nothing but grinding, loot grinding and repetitive boringness. If I want a game like that I'll download a Korean FTP MMO.
    Sulla
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271

When I want to play WoW, well I dont anymore.
    When I want some Diablo...I toss in Diablo 2.

Nuff said.

This.
    Cyhort said:

I've always HATED Diablo. To me it's everything an RPG shouldn't be. It has no real story, no choices, nothing but grinding, loot grinding and repetitive boringness. If I want a game like that I'll download a Korean FTP MMO.

It has a decent story. Some people like having a chance to find truly unique items, such is the genre of loot-driven ARPGS. It only became boring once people started duping everything. Comparing D2 to a Korean MMO is unfair. Some of the great minds behind Diablo (Schafer/Shenk) went on to create Runic Games which just released Torchlight 2.

I like both genres, but D2 will always have a special place in my heart. I played it for 7 years. It's no surprise to me that Diablo 3 was a complete and utter failure, they had lost the greatest minds behind the project.

@Cyhort That's because Diablo isn't a rpg. Had you claimed that Diablo is an rpg, say, 10 years ago, you would have your butt kicked by rpg fans. Seriously. Back in the days such claims were almost insulting to rpg fans.

Learn once and for all. Diablo isn't rpg - it has only some elemenets of rpg. The people from nowadays game industry may be too stupid to notice this, but we, on this forum, should exacly know how rpg looks like.
    Flashburn
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Diablo 1-2-3 isn't RPG's at all. It's hack & slash.
    They are technically ARPG hack & slash loot-driven MMOs. =D
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78

@Cyhort That's because Diablo isn't a rpg. Had you claimed that Diablo is an rpg, say, 10 years ago, you would have your butt kicked by rpg fans. Seriously. Back in the days such claims were almost insulting to rpg fans.

Learn once and for all. Diablo isn't rpg - it has only some elemenets of rpg. The people from nowadays game industry may be too stupid to notice this, but we, on this forum, should exacly know how rpg looks like.

I completely agree. Doesn't change the fact that people still call it an RPG and if they wanna call it an RPG I'll judge it as one.
    TJ_Hooker
    While we may not agree on the exact genre for the series, can't we all be one in acknowledging that Diablo 3 is a festering cesspit of filth? The only reason it exists is so that Blizzard can milk as much money as possible from the fans of the predecessors. Hell, they barely even kept updating D2, and when they did, they still couldn't stop the botting, duping, spamming, TPPK, drophack, etc...

I'm sorry for ranting, it's kinda personal to me.
    Cyhort
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Well Diablo came out 16 years ago, Diablo II 12 years ago, and I believe both were billed as RPGs and yet no riots ensued.

For better or worse, the meaning of term RPG has changed. We can all refuse to accept it and spend our time arguing semantics, or we can just deal with it, and maybe come up with a new term that descibes the kinda games that used to be described by RPG. In fact, this is kinda already happening with the phrase "Old-school RPG", a term I've heard a bunch of recently.
  • BelegurthBelegurth Member Posts: 61
    Diablo III exist? Sorry but 3 parts never was good.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited November 2012
    I still have nightmares from Diablo 3. They've murdered that series in cold blood.
    Ascerion
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Played Diablo 3 for about 2 weeks and beat it a couple times. The story line is not good enough for me to continue playing the same 4 Chapters over and over again. Harvesting items is only fun for so long. BGEE is a welcome addition into my world of RPG games!
    @TJ_Hooker
    Role-playing game without role-playing is not an RPG. That's just logical. As I recall even in some Diablo 2 reviews, there were statements that game is not RPG and you shouldn't treat it as such, if you want to fully enjoy the game. Not to mention articles in game magazines that were stating reasons, why Diablo 2 can't be conisdered role-playing game. Seriously, as much as I enjoy playing all of Diablo games, I won't consider it as pure rpgs. Sorry, but no.

If you have any idea what this new term can be, then please share with it, it could be interesting. I mean it.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I played it through one time on normal level, and I enjoyed it well enough for that one go around as a monk, but then, I had zero incentive to replay it any. I thought, what was the point? No character builds, so no need to try the same class again. I might play it again eventually as a different class. I thought it had nice graphics, some good one-liner style interactions with the henchies, and a basically fun gameplay, with a good sense of humor, but only for one run.

The chances of getting a rare drop are one of the reasons to play in the arpg genre, but everybody said that the good items would never drop, because Blizzard wants to force everybody to use the auction house system. I started feeling like the company was kind of crooked, and I swore never to give them another dime of my money. At least I got D3 for "free", because I let myself get suckered into a one-year WoW subscription, which is now thankfully expired and cancelled.

I'm playing Torchlight 2 while waiting for BG:EE. I actually like that one - you can build your toon a whole bunch of different ways, and the drops are paced correctly for maximum reward and fun.

I like action rpg's. I've played and enjoyed Sacred, Sacred 2, Titan Quest, Divine Divinity, Fate, Torchlight 1, and Diablo 2. I don't think they should be compared to story-based and character-based Western rpg's like Baldur's Gate, because they're not the same kind of things - it's apples and oranges.

Part of the trouble in comunication is that there is no common agreement on vocabulary terms that clearly describe one or the other genre. A lot of times, people buy and start playing an action rpg, expecting a story-and-character rpg, and they get disappointed, because they don't like the characteristic play of the one genre when they were expecting another.

The term "action rpg" is the one I've seen used most often to describe the Diablo "forumla" and its clones. I've seen "Western rpg" used to describe the D&D-like games. But you still can't even use those two terms and necessarily expect your reader to understand what you're talking about.

For somebody who enjoys both genres, like me, it's kind of a matter of "I know it when I see it."

Anyway, I would definitely agree that Diablo 3 is the worst example of its genre to ever be published, which is a crying shame, given its heritage.