Skip to content

First character in BGEE this time around: what will you make?

Just curious what people are going to make this time around?

Merida from Brave?! Or something more classic? ;-)

Comments

• EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Definitely a Skald bard.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Neutral evil female elf figher/mage
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    I was thinking a Skald Bard (wield 2-handed weapons for no reason :) ) but now I am not quite sure. I think I have to choose between:

1. Skald
    2. Diviner (I love the idea of divination)
    3. Stalker (Backstab Ranger?! Woah)
    4. Wild Mage (Darned Neera!)
    5. Blackguard

I really wanna go with Diviner at the moment, just because that is the class that I feel i could role-play the most.
    edited November 2012
    Skald has become my favorite character type to play. NWN2, I built a strength bard based on the concept focusing on spells that aided him in direct and personal combat, plus inspirations. Due to the lack of lingering songs (pre-TOB) and inspirations in 2nd edition, I use songs situationally, cross bowing and longswording as appropriate, and spells as combat preemptions. Big fan of the Bard class. EDIT: I use Rogue Rebalanced mod for bard chain armor earlier in the game. Pretty slick mod. Very handy for the concept I use for a Skald.
  • HellishreaperHellishreaper Member Posts: 5
    neutral evil human male blackguard. or pure evil if im forced to because blackguard is just my ultimate class in any game, a 2h wielding plate armored master of unholy spells. i hope i can raise the dead that would be cool
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    I was also thinking about a Skald. Weird.

Secondary options are Beast Master or Berserker --> Druid.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @Rohndil I played a Berzerker 2 --> Druid X called Tobarl (like my DP) and he was pretty epic, for some reason his attacks per round got to 5/2, probably because he was 4 or 5 in scimitars, but also maybe because of glitch.

All I can say is that Fighter->Druids are fun, since they level up HEAPS!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Chaotic Good Half-elf Fighter Mage.

He'll dual-wield long swords and likely katanas if they're available in the game now.

I will see how skillfully I can coordinate the entire party's attacks to have him artfully cast some choice spells in the midst of combat. He's gonna live kinda dangerously. Rounding out the party will be Imoen, Viconia, Rasaad, Dorn, and Neera.
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2012
    I'm thinking Archer...but also may end up doing Gnome Illusionist/Thief. But I probably won't get much in the next few weeks, until finals are over.

I'm not playing any class that I can get from a new NPC...and I will have all of the new NPCs in my party as I discover them.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Either an evil berserker/cleric or Priest of Talos. Then recruit all the new NPC's + Xzar/Monty.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Dwarf, Fighter Theif perhaps. I always used to make humans/half elves the most, so this will be a change of pace. (and supposedly OP)
    Thinking a Ftr Thief or Cleric will be my second and third playthroughs (dunno which order yet), with a Cavalier in the future.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Druid! Avenger. I have been thinking about playing as a Mage or a bard because I never played as one or done the stronghold. The problem with Mage is there are too many good mages npc, (imoen) and the new wild Mage npc. I feel I would miss some great experiences. Sadly I don't have the time to play the game many times over anymore.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Monk most likely. Possibly create some custom abilities for him to counterbalance their early weakness.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    No idea yet, I always dabble with the idea of making evil party but in the end I always end playing a good character. Class doesn't really even matter that much since you basically control 6 characters and just pick the classes you are missing on the way.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Solo sorcerer
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    Human Paladin!
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2012
    Tea sipping, board break, bare knuckle brawling, Bruce Lee kicking, monk for me. (^_^)

*might make him neutral just for giggles, then again evil sounds more fun. >:)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2012
    Kensai, I think, Single Weapon.

I started playing BG 1 last week because I COULDN'T WAIT FOR THIS ANYMORE (stopped after I saw the trailer - wow) as a Fighter/Cleric. I loved it, so I might do that again, but never have gotten around to a good Kensai, so I may stick with that.

Or perhaps a Fighter/Mage... Hm...
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I'm thinking I might go for a Paladin. Maybe a Cavalier? I've never really used Paladins much. Never really bothered with Ajantis and I can't keep Keldorn from his family. So it's time to try one out for some good old fashioned evil-smiting! Minsc and Boo will approve.
  • szdobosszdobos Member Posts: 36
    I will play a lawful good necromancer. :) -really
  • Venerate1Venerate1 Member Posts: 16
    I was thinking of going evil for my first time in BG. Evil was always off-putting for me as the conversation replies always seemed more 'spoiled brat' than evil. but what can I say, I love Blackguards.
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    Neutral Evil Human Blackguard, unless I'm required to be "Lawfull", because it is considered a Paladin kit.
  • Venerate1Venerate1 Member Posts: 16
    IIRC in the rules BG could be any Evil alignment based on whatever God you were representing?
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I'm thinking of doing a Bride of Tiax playthrough. Which would be a Gnome Fighter/Illusionist to go with Tiax's Cleric/Thief. What I would give to be able to romance Tiax...

Either that or a Bride of Dorn playthrough. Which would be a Half-Orc Cleric (Priest of Talos) to go with Dorn's Half-Orc Blackguard. I might go with this option just for the romance and that you get Dorn early on
  • RICorkyRICorky Member Posts: 3
    Trying to decide between a multiclassed Gnome Fighter/Illusionist and a Human Kensal dueled to Mage. I am hoping to take this first character through the entire EE series as it is released. Either option will dual wield and be in a "good" party as my "Canon" character. Must resist constantly restarting....
  • SchehezeradeSchehezerade Member Posts: 7
    I will probably go Cavalier yet again. I seem to be reluctant to try anything else first, even though I have played the kit a few times in the past.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    RICorky said:

Trying to decide between a multiclassed Gnome Fighter/Illusionist and a Human Kensal dueled to Mage.

Will Kensai / Mage even be viable here? Level cap is too low, no?
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Ranger/Cleric for me most likely, but nothing is set in stone yet. Good thing I can "waste" all of tomorrow at work pondering about every little detail. Looking forward to it already though. ^^
  • ZayneZayne Member Posts: 32
    I have 2 options:
    1) Bard-Blade with that uber +5 bard blade. May reach 10th level. But low HP and magic abilities.
    2) Dual Berserker/Druid (6/10) Disadvantages-need extremely high stats- 18/17/18/10/18/16 - 97. Will be weak in middle game.

Any advices?