Comments

• loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2016
    Well then.
    Post edited by loganultima on
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    @balalaika86

Sounds like you judge on apperance yourself, no wonder since we are talking about a singel 2d portrait.
    Lets do a small experiment

She is so pretty, its so mainstream,shallow and she will annoy me! i cant belive medivh is so damn shallow!
    She is so plain , she is realistic and natural, she will have a great personality! i love this!

Now am going to bet that somewhere along the line of this debate... people are forgetting that this is a character portrait from a remake of a old game, that we know nothing.. or little about.... That a large part of the sales package, new characters, intended as a romance partner right?

Your Referances to me as shallow for wanting a more attractive portrait, you really need to find bigger villans in this world to hate mate....

I am really shallow when it comes to fictional characters in videogames that i am supposed to romance, i care about them being attractive, and this does not exclude caring about they written dialog or setting.
    And even if i gave a complete rats ass about the writing and only wanted a nice ass bouncing around the room it still wouldnt make a me a bad person becouse its a fucking video game..... though BG would prob be the wrong choice for me hehe :)

I saw somebody on the bioshock forums say that people who played the game eating children where real life assholes that didnt care about other people. Thats kinda on your level right now mate

@loganultima

Remember your chaos shield then -.- hehehe
  • TyrielTyriel Member Posts: 20
    Btw anyone know were we first meet her i want her in my party and would like to pick her up fast.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688

@balalaika86

Now am going to bet that somewhere along the line of this debate... people are forgetting that this is a character portrait from a remake of a old game, that we know nothing.. or little about.... That a large part of the sales package, new characters, intended as a romance partner right?

Yes, it's only a portrait. Yes, we don't know much else about her. But unlike you, most of us find Neera quite pretty (or ignore her the way I ignore Rasaad) - while you loathe Neera and find her plain and boring because her portrait does not please you.

Personally, I am not even keen on romancing any NPC, be it hotties like BG II's Jaheira and Viconia, or cuties like Neera (or whiny Aerie). If you care about this feature, there's still some 75% of romanceable babes left for you with Neera in the mix.
    edited November 2012
    @calmar

You are right mate... but you forgott the sales part ? i already have Baldurs Gate..... this is a crucial thing.

I personaly think Jaheira looks borked, but love Viconia. I can complain about Jaheira all i want, but the Jahira portrait is made with the same quality as the other portraits.. and when baldurs gate 2 arrived with its MASSIVE gameplay with several other women to please the naysayers, the arguments jahira haters would use, would be evaporated...

Now a "smart" person like you would say
    "dont like neera?, fudge you mate, you got jahira, Black succubus ,Whiny girl, stop complaining"

But am talking about the BG EE
    "dont like neera , fudge you mate ,romance the Black orc or the tattoo dude"

Put your goodwill into trying to understand what am saying

For referance.. if they only made one romance for BG2 and that was your least liked one, say Aerie, then somebody told you to suck it up and romance anomen :)

But again, i donno if Neera romance is bad or good, its the portrait thats getting me mate.

Tyriel said:

Btw anyone know were we first meet her i want her in my party and would like to pick her up fast.

Think she is in candlekeep and she is your childhood friend or something....
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Medivh1234 You realize you just cemented my opinion, right?
    edited November 2012
    @LadyRhian No i did not, i hoped you see it my way.

But i think you care about my opinion as much as i care about yours... so there is no harm done
  • Promised_painPromised_pain Member Posts: 10
    What are you talking about? She looks beautiful to me....

What are you talking about? She looks beautiful to me....

Grats mate, your not shallow.... apparently

• TyrielTyriel Member Posts: 20
    I think she looks very average. But then i don`T think anyone that plays baldurs gate cares so much about looks i mean it is a very old game so nothing looks good in it compered to modern day games.
    Tyriel said:

I think she looks very average. But then i don`T think anyone that plays baldurs gate cares so much about looks i mean it is a very old game so nothing looks good in it compered to modern day games.

Yeah but think the quality of the picture is a few drops down from the originals and am getting hung up on the "enchanted" edition part... it can be that the character\romance itself is a rollercoster of fun.... its just that the lazy portrait is giving me a bad vibe

There is nothing lazy about the new portraits.
    edited November 2012
    Calmar said:

No just Neeras portrait... lazy right eye even
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/neera/NeeraPortrait.jpg

• Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    @Medivh1234 If you transferred the energy and time you use on this utterly meaningless topic (obsession?) you have going here into something constructive, you could get a lot of things done man - think about it ;)
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229

Calmar said:

No just Neeras portrait... lazy right eye even
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/neera/NeeraPortrait.jpg

Honestly, I don't even notice any lazy eye. She looks fine to me.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I like Neera's portrait, and her voice-acting. My only problem with her is that I don't like wild mages, and I wish she had been a sorceress. I can't speak to Dorn, because I don't play evil. I love Rasaad as a character, but I can't use a monk.

So far to me, Neera is the best of the three new npc's.

I like her halter-top scarlet outfit, because it makes her remind me of Barbara Eden and "I Dream of Jeannie".
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I dunno, it is hard to blame anyone for making the same aesthetic choices that culture strives to inculcate in us. We are told "X" is attractive; we get "y" and end up a bit confused. While I like the new portrait, compare it to the stock BG2 romance portraits. Those portraits are all built along conventional ideals of beauty, with large eyes, high cheekbones and perfect symmetry. The older we are, the easier it is to step outside of the lens of culture. 14 years ago, I might have made the same comments.

If one expected something similar, I could understand it being somewhat jarring. While I don't agree with Medivh, I don't find (his? her?) opinion to be completely without merit.

@belgarathmth
    I am doing my first non-good playthrough. True neutral. It isn't so bad. I RP the Balance as a sort of greater good.
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    Neera = one of my favorite NPCs of all time in any game. I think they did a great job with her, everything from her portrait (pretty, not overly so, just right, IMO) to her personality (hehe, girl is funny!).

As for the OP's comment on this is a fantasy world, yes it is, but it also has deep roots in the medieval world and I like the fact they more or less realistically portrayed her (as were Imoen and Jaheira in BG 1) to the time period. Plain does not equal ugly in my book. Neera is far from ugly, same goes for Jaheira and Imoen. I would much rather have something like them than say the ho-bag pirate from DA 2.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    After I completed Neeras task and killed the Red Wizards Neera became angry that the other Wild Mage could not help her. Since then there has been no more dialoge.

WIll there be more or did she became angry at me or something?

pls respence with my name so I can see it and do not need to searcge for answers.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @samuelvarg
    how many days ago did you finish her quest? i think it's about a week or two before she hits on you?
    Then it should be time. Thank you. @Bjjorick
    Bjjorick said:

@samuelvarg
    how many days ago did you finish her quest? i think it's about a week or two before she hits on you?

Or maybe I am finished with the romance for BG:EE?

Do you know what the last journal entry about her is? My last is about that she is confident and then CHARNAME make a note that she might be responding to his presence...

• EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
    Seems there's supposed to be one last dialogue for "romancing" her (there's a clip on youtube, about her quest and romance), though I can't find a way to unlock it :/ on that clip it triggers after encounter with Aloy, but I just got what you did (a bit angry and frustrated 2-liner). I was always nice to her, not sure if I said something wrong :/ resting few days doesn't seem to help, maybe later in the game it'll trigger, but more likely its another bug :/
    Ephant said:

I was always nice to her, not sure if I said something wrong :/

That's the mistake. She wants a tough guy who's in charge, not an obsequious nice guy. :P
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    For those interested in a bit more romantic content, I just added some force-talk flirts ala the BGII Flirt Pack as part of my Neera Expansion mod here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10145/neera-dialogue-expansion-mod-in-the-works#latest
  • anonymonyanonymony Member Posts: 6
    She reminds me of two characters in scifi cinema. Pris of BladeRunner as played by Darryl Hannah, and Chiana of Farscape as played by Gigi Edgley. In fact, her initial story (I just met her and that is what brought me here, since I did not remember her from the original game 10 years ago) mimics Chiana closely.
    Here are images to compare:

Pris:
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02065/1982-blade-runner_2065289i.jpg

Chiana:
    http://www.farscapefantasy.com/graphics/teenscaper.CHIANA.600.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.