Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

Comments

• weaversarmsweaversarms Member Posts: 5
    This is depressing, I have been sat here for 18 hours, I'm tired and this is the last thing I needed. They must be able to anticipate this kind of thing.
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    uniqueorn said:

drsahl said:

Take it easy people :D its normal that it takes 5-15 mins before all is sorted and it all works perfectly.. nothing odd about it! just chill and go make a scotch then relex and then in 5 mins open again :D

Make a Scotch?
    Any Scotch I am willing to drink needs to be matured for at least 12 years. Are you trying to tell me something?
    Well I guess we agree at something then ^^

I am currently enjoying a Lagavulin double matured as we speak (you should most likely know it)
  • ToggboyToggboy Member Posts: 18
    Well, nothing left to do but just read Cold Days, the newest Dresden Files book while I wait. Oh the humanity! (heh)
  • perhaps if we all spam refresh non stop, it will speed things up?
  • JaingJaing Member Posts: 9
    well mo lunch here in europe GMT 1, Trend is fucking us up like he sad that there will be extra stuff for preorders. Good job mate, keep it up!
  • FishFish Member Posts: 38
    From Trent on Twitter: The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?
  • SchehezeradeSchehezerade Member Posts: 7
    I'd like to buy a spot in a queue system.
  • RadioactiveGaryRadioactiveGary Member Posts: 16
    Updates from twitter:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    We are having a hard time pushing the data to the servers. The demand is making them respond a little slow ;-)
  • EdHousdenEdHousden Member Posts: 40
    The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?'
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    "update is uploading, had to patch 100mb to fix a few bugs" from trent oster on twitter 1 min ago
  • ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
    Trent Oster on twitter:
    "The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?"

That means more waiting...
  • SchehezeradeSchehezerade Member Posts: 7
    I'd like to buy a spot in a queue system.
    From Trent on Twitter: The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?
  • FirstReaderFirstReader Member Posts: 6
    For those worried that the forum slowdown could affect the game servers: it's *extremely* unlikely that the forum subdomain is hosted on the same servers as the game CDN. Forum 503 errors or slow response doesn't mean that the game servers are broken.

But, I suspect that the cause is still the same: we're all hitting the forums and the game servers, and they're both badly in need of an application of Oil of Speed.

Beamdog, allow me to recommend an Amazon EC2 autoscaling cluster...
  • shinymogwaishinymogwai Member Posts: 5
    So on the one hand, I understand that it must be very difficult for the staff right now, trying to wrangle the servers under control and get the game released.

On the other...
    *cue high pitched whining and flailing*
    I wanna plaaaaaaay! D:
    edited November 2012
    From Twitter:
    @TrentOster
    The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    “All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope” - Alexandre Dumas Père
  • RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    Typical: Xan complaining :)
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    They are pathing game right now? :D
  • LichiLichi Member Posts: 13
    Finally!!
  • zheerszheers Member Posts: 2
    I bought a bottle of nice red to settle down with this game with... Its now gone and still no game! I demand more red wine!
  • CelestianCelestian Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Lunch time! Please open ;)
  • OpiumhandlarnOpiumhandlarn Member Posts: 12
    you guys can not be serious, why on earth would I need to download 500 mb right now!? couldn't you have timed that a bit better, I had to leave the game loader on for a whole night to get it down due to crappy dl speed before.... unacceptable.
  • SharnalkSharnalk Member Posts: 5
    Les anglais se plaignent du jeu qui ne fonctionne pas.
    Le serveur du jeu plante sans cesse ... que ça soit le forum, ou les messages d'erreurs sur BGEE.exe manifestement, Atari n'avait pas prévu que des gens se connecteraient le jour J.

Un Français triste !
  • waited month and half, few more hours wont hurt *sticks the Baldur's Gate OST on the youtubes*
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Whats this about waiting to log in and patch my game..I thought i bought Baldur's Gate not a fricking MMO
  • gabilturghgabilturgh Member Posts: 25
    I am freaking out! I ran with my work so I could be free to play it until morning tomorrow and now I have to wait again?