I thought I'd start a thread highlighting a lot of the complaints and negative aspects people have been reporting on these forums so far.
I thought it would be good to limit the amount of space it is taking up in this forum. If you have specific bug to report, you should do that in the BUGS forum.
I'll not include complaints about expecting certain features which were not put in, because the features of the new edition have been freely available for a long time, so if people bought the game and expected something else that is not really the fault of the developers.
I shall update this list with more things as more feedback comes in. Here are some of the more common complaints people are having:
- Dislike of the new videos, both of cutting out some completely, and the style of the replacements
- Dislike of the resolution and blurriness when zooming in
- Zoom resets to default level every time you change area.
- Cannot improve framerate
- Font can be difficult to read
- Some parts of the UI look blurred and streched at large resolutions, such as the spell book
- Dislike of the new UI in general, particularly the colours and trim.
- Scrollwheel for scrollbars not working in journal or in stores
- Lots of wasted space
- No customisability
- UI not displaying your thac0 or damage correctly
- Some default sounds, such as footsteps being set too loud.
- Some sounds are missing
- Problems with getting NPC's to do a selected action the first time of asking
_ Obviously, a number of people are still experiencing bugs wich are stopping them playing the game
- As a general complaint, the game feeling too rough around the edges / not polished enough
- CTD occurances happening
Like I said, I'll be updating this list, so feel free to add your own complaints below.