Skip to content

Fallen Paladins

Sooooo, I am a fallen Cavalier 2 minutes into the game, anyway besides reloading can I go back to be a "normal" Cavalier again ?

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Wow! what on earth did you do? I'm not aware of a solution for that in BG1, hopefully someone can confirm?
  • elysXelysX Member Posts: 21
    Azrael said:

Sooooo, I am a fallen Cavalier 2 minutes into the game, anyway besides reloading can I go back to be a "normal" Cavalier again ?

what happends once u are fallen? penalty on something?
  • csuzwcsuzw Member Posts: 48
    elysX said:

what happends once u are fallen? penalty on something?

You lose most, if not all, of your abilities. Regaining reputation won't bring them back either, you are permanently fallen.

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yup...Fallen is basically a fighter...but can't grand mastery and takes a bit longer to level. And there's no chances for redemption in BG1...in BG2 you get TWO..and ONLY two chances to regain your abilities.
    Moomintroll
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Haha, I like that, but it'd be more fun to read it than play it.
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    So let me get this straight.

I choose the Inquisitor kit. (Can cast Dispel Magic and True Sight and is Immune to Hold and charm)

The moment I become fallen. I lose all that?
    Quite probably. I've never had a character fall. Well, there was that paladin in Temple of Elemental Evil. A drinking contest is not grounds for a paladin to fall! *Facehoof*
    MoomintrollkokosinoNonnahswriterSCARY_WIZARD
    @Fatal yes. I don't know how well they outline it in the class description. Basically, if you don't behave like a paladin should - you loose your abilities.

Earning back the respect of your god is supposed to be some kind of epic struggle I think, so it might make sense to redeemed at the end of the game.
    atcDave
  • AzraelAzrael Member Posts: 25
    So I lost my Paladin status when my group respect level (?) which is in the beginnig on 12 drops below 6 i guess something like that.
    Sounds about right.
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 18
    Lol holy crap, how'd you pull that off? The worst drop I've seen so far is a -2 (then again, I'm a bit of a goody goddy)
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    You Fall if rep drops below 8 (both paldain and ranger have the same consequences)...if you're skirting close to the line, don't get pick up Viconia, she lowers the parties rep by 2 every time she joins (though it goes back up when she leaves)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    You probably killed the one Flaming Fist guy that accosts you on the way to Nashkel.

Don't do that.

@ZanathKariashi: Pretty sure that got changed. I believe it's just a one-time penalty to your reputation to bring her, or Dorn, with you.
  • My boyfriend's character is a paladin, and unfortunately turned Fallen.
    Since there's no way to restore his paladinhood in-game, is it possible to edit the character with a program such has ShadowKeeper to change that? I've tried changing the class to fighter then back to paladin, to no avail.
    There must be a variable or something that remains stating that he is Fallen.
    He's threatening to quit playing with me because he's pissed off, and I don't want to restart the game at that point of the story. >_<
  • AzraelAzrael Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    @SkorpionQueenxXx
    If you are playing multiplayer, you can maybe kick him out of the party and let him back in again.
    He should play a bit of the blackpits with the orginal character, if you still have a savegame before he turned fallen, you level quick enough. When he turned the level he has now, just export his blackpits character and let that guy join your group again. If you import anything into the Blackpits you lose all your belonings, so transfer everything you want to keep to your character before hand.

I think that should work
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72

@Fatal yes. I don't know how well they outline it in the class description. Basically, if you don't behave like a paladin should - you loose your abilities.

Earning back the respect of your god is supposed to be some kind of epic struggle I think, so it might make sense to redeemed at the end of the game.

Come to the darkside and become a Blackguard. It is much easier to earn the favor of an evil outsider. :)
    KidCarnivalTheLungo
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    If you are a fallen paladin you lose all your abilites. As a fallen inquisitor you lose your ability to dispel magic and true sight, you even lose your immunities.
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    I have a mate that loves the idea of having a fallen Paladin. Awesome how the title stands, the fact that your abilities are gone is not haha
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    @Fatal Agreed. In the original Baldur's Gate I would sometimes intentionally create a Fallen Paladin.
  • RezonRezon Member Posts: 13
    If I am fallen archer how much it is bad? I have gained a new abillity
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Being a fallen paladin is understandable for roleplayers. You get corrupted along the storyline and therefore you fall from grace.
    Sulla
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    geselle said:

Being a fallen paladin is understandable for roleplayers. You get corrupted along the storyline and therefore you fall from grace.

I'm not denying the RP aspects of the fallen paladin, especially for those who really get into the fallen paladin romances Viconia, redeems self and then redeems her. I get it. But...

I had seen several threads on this forum about paladins and rangers who want to know how to restore their abilities and "oops" didn't realize I'd gimp myself. That doesn't sound much like a planned RP to me. :)

paladin235
  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    Shouldn't a fallen paladin be able to become a blackguard too? It seems only logical.
    @RaphielDrake A fallen paladin has quite literally fallen short of his vows to his deity. That can be done without becoming and agent of evil.
  • TeeqTeeq Member Posts: 11

I'm not denying the RP aspects of the fallen paladin, especially for those who really get into the fallen paladin romances Viconia, redeems self and then redeems her. I get it. But...

I had seen several threads on this forum about paladins and rangers who want to know how to restore their abilities and "oops" didn't realize I'd gimp myself. That doesn't sound much like a planned RP to me. :)

Seriously, y'all are doing it wrong. Just reroll (or better yet, reload. You do save every now and then, right??) for cripes sake.
    atcDave
  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41

@RaphielDrake A fallen paladin has quite literally fallen short of his vows to his deity. That can be done without becoming and agent of evil.

I get that. Its just odd the option isn't there.

• KatermeisterKatermeister Member Posts: 28
    It would be cool if you had to start out as a vanilla Paladin, and could choose your patch/kit after you complete the stronghold quest in BG2 SoA
    MoomintrollRAM021
  • KatermeisterKatermeister Member Posts: 28
    And if you had fallen, you could either become a fighter, blackguard or redeem yourself
    MoomintrollRAM021