Skip to content

Click play and nothing

13»

Comments

• CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2012
    Sanjan said:

Cyhort said:

Just out of curiosity, everyone elses folder looks like this, right?

http://i.imgur.com/FOXK7.jpg

When you move the 00766 folder to C:\ what do you do with the two other files?

I didn't touch them. Only moved the 00766 folder.
    Holy f-ing crap, this actually worked. I moved it, disabled high DPI settings, Vista SP 2 compatibility and ran as admin and I got the main menu to show up. I'll post if the game has any problems when I try to play it. Thanks for everyone who offered suggestions!

EDIT: Oh, and it only works when the Properties menu is open, for some reason. Most random. Workaround. Ever.
    Post edited by Cyhort on
  • VindartenVindarten Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I moved the whole shebang from program files and it works, even without any of the compatibility options. So, yeah don't install to Program Files.
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    this is how i solved

my problem (cause was my ATI drivers)

-change the location of BG:EE from program files to C:
    -unistalled currently drivers ATI of my ATI RADEON HD 5450
    -cleaned system from remained drivers with the softwere "driver sweeper"
    -installed the new driver downloaded directly from the web site AMD
    -restarted the pc
    -finally i set compatibility for windows vista sp1 and run as admin

Now i can play at my favourite game...i'm very happy :D
  • RRTSReaperRRTSReaper Member Posts: 16
    ckunit121 said:

Changed comp and ran as admin and when I open Baldur.exe get error message saying This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect . Please see the application event log for me detail. Also Cant find the event log.

This is the same error I was having before installing the C++ redistributable, and you can find the event log under Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer (Or something similar), and look under the System Log to see Side by Side Errors. If there is a mention of missing the VC90 assembly, try installing the redistributable, it fixed everything for me. Hope that helps.

• GaudalohtGaudaloht Member Posts: 5
    I tried everything around that forum, nothing worked for me, keep crashing with client or standalone
    im about to ask for refunds (also no mail answer by support)
  • AzureblazeAzureblaze Member Posts: 22
    Hey Guys, so I've worked with this a little more.

The best thing for Windows 7 seems to be : Run as administrator , Vista SP1 compatibitly mode on BGEE. Now, the funny thing is, is it does not ALWAYS launch upon clicking PLAY(crash message). Sometimes you have to try up to 4+ times to get it to open without error. I'm opening mine from BGEE, and have the settings set on BGEE only.

So, just keep trying to launch it after making the change, over and over up to around 10 times, and see if it works for you :)
  • captainkibblecaptainkibble Member Posts: 4
    This is what got mine working:

- Setting Baldur.exe compatibility settings the same as this link http://imgur.com/k3epY
    - Edit Baldur.ini ("My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition") to set Fullscreen to '0'
  • LilarcorLilarcor Member Posts: 16

This is what got mine working:

- Setting Baldur.exe compatibility settings the same as this link http://imgur.com/k3epY
    - Edit Baldur.ini ("My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition") to set Fullscreen to '0'

Can confirm that the above fix makes the game play. Now I've just got the framerate to contend with.
  • renaakrenaak Member Posts: 8
    Unfortunately, the compatibility settings won't help here (XP Pro) but I'm curious if there is an install issue. On this machine the "My Documents/Bladur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" directory is totally empty. I went ahead and searched the machine and baldur.ini can't be found.
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    To everyone who moved the 00766 folder to C:/ can you still get updates through the Beamdog launcher or do you need to move it back?
  • SinisterChrisPSinisterChrisP Member Posts: 4
    None of these options worked for me :-/
  • HoiusHoius Member Posts: 27
    I had the same problem guys, when clicking play the game crashed and displayed an error message. I'm guessing you already did that and it still doesn't work, but just in case - try getting the latest updates for your graphics card. It worked for me (Radeon HD 5570 with Windows XP SP3). I'm guessing it's an issue with ATI cards driver compatibility.