Skip to content

Love what your doing with BG, please, please, please do the same for Planescape

ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
The title says it all.

-Endure, in enduring grow strong.(especially when rolling a new character)
Post edited by Zarathustra on

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Updated my journal
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    First, I would need BG2:EE, then nothing would make me happier than PS:T-EE!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Yeah, I'm all for that. All the infinty engine games are classics.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    What i mean is not to say that bg was a bad rpg, far from it(it was one of the best) but still... Planescape torment is still TEH ONLY ONE who made me feel like int wis and cha truly had an impact on the gameplay... not to mention one of the few storyline that were so involving i actualy shed a couple of tears from my own body playing it... twas so well written(specially if you played a mage with 25 25 25 in int wis & cha...

I fear i might never see a game like that again is what im trying to say i guess.

-Endure, in enduring grow strong(specially when rolling a new character)
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Ha, my avatar goes along the lines of "that really rustled my jimmies", only it features the Nameless One.

I would sell my soul for PST:EE!
  • BillBill Member Posts: 18
    I would say our only chance to ever see a game like Torment again is an enhanced edition.

The scale of the writing might be a hard sell to today's game crowd.

I think dragon age 1 is the only rpg that has even a fraction of what Torment had writing wise.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Any re-do of PS:T would need a big engine overhaul. It was well written, but also very clunky (interface wise).
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Übermensch pretending to be someone else by playing RPGs? It's silly, very silly indeed.
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    Agreed, would love to see PS:T get the same treatment (though I hope they do BG 2 first!!!).
  • Corvus_MetusCorvus_Metus Member Posts: 19
    I'd rather see Obsidian do a PS:T:EE, not because I don't trust Overhaul but because of a lot of people who worked on the game actually work for Obsidian - including the main writer for the plot.
    edited December 2012
    Zafiro said:

Übermensch pretending to be someone else by playing RPGs? It's silly, very silly indeed.

To be truthful it's just that I've read nietzsche at an early age and stuck with the alias. I'm more of Camus guy in fact and the absurdity of life is plenty of an excuse to play RPG's! Loved your comment thought.(Laughed real hard reading it!)

+Zarathustra isn't the Übermensch as i recall. Merely a prophet for the Übermensch.

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    For what it's worth, Overhaul have actually stated that they are very interested in doing an EE of Torment. It probably depends a lot on how well BG:EE and BGII:EE does... which is hopefully very well indeed. As far as EEs go I'm hoping for the Icewind Dales as well as Torment. Wouldn't mind BGIII first though :P

For what it's worth, Overhaul have actually stated that they are very interested in doing an EE of Torment. It probably depends a lot on how well BG:EE and BGII:EE does... which is hopefully very well indeed. As far as EEs go I'm hoping for the Icewind Dales as well as Torment. Wouldn't mind BGIII first though :P

So lets cross our finger and hope for good sells. But for what it is of BG3 it wont happen cause it already exist, is call throne of bhaal and brings definitive closure to the bhaalspawns saga.(sorry bring up the cold hard truth to you)
  • RilburRilbur Member Posts: 54

So lets cross our finger and hope for good sells. But for what it is of BG3 it wont happen cause it already exist, is call throne of bhaal and brings definitive closure to the bhaalspawns saga.(sorry bring up the cold hard truth to you)

Sorry to bring up the cold hard truth, but Beamdog has already said that they're attempting to negotiated a Baldur's Gate III -- not a continuation of the storyline, but a continuation of the gameplay concept (party-based D&D RPG)
    edited December 2012
    Rilbur said:

Sorry to bring up the cold hard truth, but Beamdog has already said that they're attempting to negotiated a Baldur's Gate III -- not a continuation of the storyline, but a continuation of the gameplay concept (party-based D&D RPG)
    I get the marketing plow of using the name but it still wont be baldur's gate 3 to me. Although i would be willing to buy it just to see another adventure taking place in the forgotten realms. Especially if it still ad&d 2nd edition rules.
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    As many have mentioned BG2 EE and then planescape.... because I need me some lubbin' from the ORIGINAL tiefling... Neeska be damned, nothing beats beats Sheena Easton as Annah of the Shadows.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012

They have stated they wish to do a BGIII (amongst other things) should it become feasible and so I would like to see just that. I do not expect it to be more of the Bhaalspawn thing though, nor would I want it. A new protagonist and story would do very nicely. There is absolutely no reason they cannot make a game in the same setting though and thus justify the use of the name.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I'm on board for an enhanced Planescape: Torment game.