Skip to content

Romance Reviews?

secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
Any thoughts on the romances? I'm trying to decide if I want to go for the Neera romance with a male character, or the monk as a female character. I can't possibly see the monk as being interesting, but I havn't encountered him yet, so. I'm not even going to ask about the 'insane psychopathic half orc' romance, because I couldn't care less about that one.

Comments

• VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Got some kissy kissy going with Neera around chapter 3..dont think im too far into it tho
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2012
    Neera romance let's me give my thus-far favorite line in a BG romance:

"Give me some sugar, baby."
    Kinda stuck at the first kiss part "Watch what I say"....not sure if I need to be further in the story or missing some trigger
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    There are three proto-romance dialogues for each character; the rest of the romance will be in SoA. :)
  • AerionAerion Member Posts: 9
    Velkir said:

Got some kissy kissy going with Neera around chapter 3..dont think im too far into it tho

Can you still do the romance thing if you pick her up later in the game?
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    Well, yes, it would just start later in the game, but if you are near the end you may be unable to finish the bg1part of the romance
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Does Rashaad have a romance associated with him? My female char killed him because of a bug where he kept triggering a conversation over and over and over again, even when I kicked him out of the party. -_-
  • AerionAerion Member Posts: 9
    Sophia said:

Well, yes, it would just start later in the game, but if you are near the end you may be unable to finish the bg1part of the romance

So it's more like: "After X chapters Y happens", and not "Y happens only in chapter 3"?

• SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    It should be the second you wrote, but if there is an event triggered by the beginning of chapter 3 and you take the npc in chapter 4 it should trigger anyway. That's how romances works in bg2, I think it will be the same here
  • RapscallionRapscallion Member Posts: 81
    Neera romance progresses way, waaay too quickly. I get the feeling she is about to jump my bones after the 2nd random dialogue pops up.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I gotta add my voice to the "Neera is adorable" camp, and it's nice to not have to 100% agree with her about everything or she flips out, my Chaotic Neutral PC is merrily/snarkily teasing her constantly.

Dorn, on the other hand, hasn't done much more than glower a bit and demand fairly amorphous vengeance.

Rasaad, R.I.P, though I did romance the heck out of his boots and the gold they brought in.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Just wondering, do the new romances stop one another from popping up? I've kept my relationship with Neera fairly ambiguous (I didn't ask her to kiss me when I got the opportunity but we still had quite a nice chat), and I'm wondering if it's stopping anything with Dorn from triggering? Because apart from his dialogue in his personal quest Dorn has been pretty quiet overall...
  • ZordrathZordrath Member Posts: 19
    I've been wondering that as well. Maybe you need to have a low reputation and/or be evil for Dorn to become attracted to you?

I'm really enjoying the Neera banter and romance so far as well, she's a great addition to the game. And I look forward to having her as another fully-fledged romance option in BG2... :) Though I do agree that it progresses very quickly, at that rate I fear she may be running out of dialogues long before I'm through with the game.
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    @Zordrath can you remember which dialogue you choose after getting belt from Adoy? I'm not sure i pick wrong one or it just bugged.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Aosaw said:

Neera is adorable.

Agreed! I don't want to have a romance with her, but pretty much all of her dialogue so far has consistently made me laugh or smile.
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24

Neera romance let's me give my thus-far favorite line in a BG romance:

"Give me some sugar, baby."
    is there romance after that dialogue, haven't had anything in a long time.

Well i wouldnt call her "cute" to be honest...she snaps easy and dosent seem to know what she wants most times. ON another note

"Well your prettier then any half-orc iv ever met"

lol
    I appear to be in a loop dialogue atm i can keep triggering the kiss part over and over...i wonder if i have to piss her off to make it continue
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Huh, there's just something about Neera that *bugs* me, and I'm not completely sure what it is. Her words always seem to come out as a bit forced, and I'm not sure if it's the voice actor or the dialogue. So I don't really feel like romancing her, but I think I'll keep her in the party. It's kind of funny watching her tell everyone to stand back, attempt a fireball, and have a dozen squirrels pop out of nowhere instead.
    Speaking of wild magic mishaps...."No my gold!" is not cool..lost 10k gold when she was trying to cast armor..thank god for quick saves
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2012
    Quartz said:
    I'm sure no one expected this (myself included), but so far I'm thinking Neera is my favorite new NPC

@Quartz

Totally agree dude. I find her banters hilarious so far :)
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2012
    Neera is adorable and is quickly climbing the ladder of my all-time favorites, that includes the original ones that came with BG 1 & BG 2. I am most impressed with the NPCs Overhaul created.
    For whoever is romancing (I think he is a romance right?) I just hit 20 rep and he poofed from my roster ( not even sure if he left or some bug occured)
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2012
    Velkir said:

For whoever is romancing (I think he is a romance right?) I just hit 20 rep and he poofed from my roster ( not even sure if he left or some bug occured)

If you are referring to Dorn, I think it's a feature of all Evil oriented party members: if you get over 20 they leave...

I agree about Neera. I'd love to hear more about Rasaad and Dorn. Anyone?
    Bastard ran off with my gauntlets of mastery.. :P
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I wonder if there is any way to edit game save, my romance got bugged and I'm more than halfway through the game. After several hours of playing, exploring every area, doing every quest it would be disappointing if i had to start over.
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    ego1ste said:

I wonder if there is any way to edit game save, my romance got bugged and I'm more than halfway through the game. After several hours of playing, exploring every area, doing every quest it would be disappointing if i had to start over.

Shadowkeeper can be made functional for BG:EE. It's not even too complicated, in the end. It should be enough to modify some variables. I haven't around the link, but a shor search on these forums should give you enough directions.
    Yeah im stuck on "Somedays im suprised you let me tag along" kissy part...unless i piss her off and not get the kiss she hasent said anything since then......and i can just talk to her to do this convo over and over