Skip to content

Game wont start! Got Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670! *SOLUTION*

Hi guys, so as many of you I spent a few hours trying to get the game to start working. My issue was i downloaded the game without beamdog then with and everytime I tried to play it dident work. Northing happened at all. So i was googling for a while and i found a post in this forum that helped me, the solution is a bit weird, but i dont care it works.

All i did was running itunes! yea that simple. I started itunes, pressed the game icon and BAM im playing BG:EE.

I want to thank @GypsySocks who actually did find this solution by mistake he says, im just creating a thread for the solution so more people can use it. Anyway, I was so frustrated, so if i can help anyone im happy. Hope it works.
ZeckulGypsySocks

Comments

• elfuegoelfuego Member Posts: 28
    You *must* be joking. And I must be an idiot, but I will try it, since I'm just as desperate as the others here that have the same issue.
  • Dr_KaufmanDr_Kaufman Member Posts: 2
    I know it sounds stupid, but as i said, it worked for GypsySocks and it did work for me, I have no idea how or why it workes.
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    @Dr_Kaufman I was flabbergasted when i realized what it it started working. I'm even more thrilled that it worked for another person!
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    @elfuego did it work for you?
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    He's probably playing it. lol
    Nope. It still doesnt work. Its exactly the same:
    Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\sranje\00766\Baldur.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Baldur.exe
    Application Version: 0.1.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50b98ec1
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0002e381
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 3284535740

I also updated the game via beamdog client, tried compatibility modes, tried the hateful itunes (I really am an idiot for even trying that), tried using a most basic asci directory name (as you can see from the description), tried switching back to intel integrated graphics, tried redownloading 3-4 times already, both directly and via beamdog and now I am wondering if I should file a report on paypal and ask for money back... :(
    Update on the situation:
    I got it to work by running it in Ubuntu under wine. And I love it :) It still doesnt work in Win7 but honestly, I do not care.
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10
    Running fine on my Mac using emulation. Will not work on my PC or Laptop. Go figure? Playing it - but why does it work on everything but the platform it was built for?