Skip to content

[bug] redundant equipment clones dropped by summoned monsters

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Current behaviour:
Some monsters - like Hobgoblins - drop equipment, that looks the same and has the same properties like common shop items, but actually they are internally a redundant clone of that item with a different internal iteem name/number, which is why you can't stack arrows left by hobgoblins with seemingly identical arrows in your quiver.

Desired behaviour:
There shouldn't be duplicate items. An standard arrow should be a standard arrow and be stackable with all other standard arrows.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I do recall this being an issue in BG1 with numerous items, but after testing this with the hobgob arrow example, I can't reproduce it: archer hobgobs appear to have AROW01 in vanilla BG1 just like bandits and regular kobolds- and just as you buy in stores. It's a good issue though because it does happen... I just wish there were a comprehensive item list in its regard handy...
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I don't think summons should drop anything.
  • SalkSalk Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012
    It's either like CamDawg says: summons do not drop items or, if they do drop items, they should be standard, stackable ones.

Personally, I do not see a valid reason why summons should not drop items but I don't feel strongly about it.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    This has been fixed I believe.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yep.