Skip to content

Notable Pickpockets ***Spoilers***

drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
What are the Notable Pickpockets in BG? I know about taking Alergnon's cloak in Beregost and Drizzits scimatar, but thats about it. I have Imoens pickpockets at 55 and I am not sure if I should raise it some more.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Tome of wisdom in the temple of tymora in baldur's gate.
    A lot of quest givers can also be pickpocketed for thier rewards.
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    Cloak of Balduran from Queash, a courtesan found in the Undercellars under Baldurs Gate city. Best cloak in the game.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It appears you can no longer steal Drizzt's scimitar.

Which is good.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yes, because now you have no reason not to kill him.
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

T
    A lot of quest givers can also be pickpocketed for thier rewards.

Anything particularly useful?

Mainly gold. But lots of it.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    What about golden pantaloons from a nobleman at the Friendly Arms Inn? Or is that actually not notable?
    You can just ask for his pantaloons and he gives them to you.
  • jdejde Member Posts: 3
    Ring of Free Action from Dushai in Ulgoth's Beard
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yeah, say you'll get them cleaned, but just keep them. IIRC you get 100 XP for your trouble. For anyone who doesn't know by the way, the Pantaloons are useless until Throne of Bhaal, when combined with two other items. They combine to let you become an Adamantite Golem near the end of that game.
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    decado said:

It appears you can no longer steal Drizzt's scimitar.

Which is good.

On the contrary i can confirm you can pickpocket both Twinkle and Frostband from him so you can get both his swords now without killing him.

Just drink a master thievery pot and play easymode.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

Yeah, say you'll get them cleaned, but just keep them. IIRC you get 100 XP for your trouble. For anyone who doesn't know by the way, the Pantaloons are useless until Throne of Bhaal, when combined with two other items. They combine to let you become an Adamantite Golem near the end of that game.

You are wrong. My Charname looks fabulous in his new pantaloons!
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    .Just drink a master thievery pot and play easymode.

Where can I get the earliest master thievery pot?

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    @drjekl kill Voltaire in one of the big tents in the nashkel carnival... He charges you and pickpockets you and runs out of the tent, so be fast about it.

But how would Drizzt not notice his ICONIC Scimitars missing around his waist within ten seconds?
  • Well, considering when he asked me to help him with the gnolls he just wandered off while they attacked me, I'd say he's not as observant as you might think.
  • XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
    lurimax said:

This in unconfirmed in BG:EE, but you should be able to pickpocket one of the ghost knights in the firewine ruins for a longbow +2

Just went through there, and nope. None of them have items.

On the other hand, I can confirm Drizzt can be relieved of both his weapons.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited December 2012
    Silke quest, pickpocket the 3 ruffians for the potions before talking to them.
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    drjekl said:

Just drink a master thievery pot and play easymode.

Where can I get the earliest master thievery pot?

Nashkel Carnival

One of the gambling tents an npc called Vitiare will come on you immedietly after you enter the tent.

He will steal 100gp from you and dissapear, so before he does that whack him and you will find a master thievery pot in his corpse.

Have Fun
  • aXidalaXidal Member Posts: 61
    Shandalar has some nice spells that you can steal.
  • knasknas Member Posts: 50
    Anyone found any new additions on pick pocketing?
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    Here is a good list:
    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Pockets_to_Pick

But there might be new ones now.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2012
    With a PP of 80% by Imoen you don't even need a potion to steal both Scimitars off
    Drizzt.
    How he doesn't realize it remains a miracle though :)
    Twinkle makes for the best weapon, Rasaad can use, by the way.
    With his Boots, a ring+1, single weapon style and this weapon he's even quite formidable
    now, being level 4.
    Icing Death suits Jaheira pretty well. Just put both her proficiency points into Scimitar
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    If you're evil, I think you can kill most of the NPCs and not bother about your Pickpocket skill level.
    Drizzt also has an interesting chainmail you can't steal. In BG1 I remember it allowed the use of Thief skills.
  • lurimaxlurimax Member Posts: 28
    Xhal said:

lurimax said:

This in unconfirmed in BG:EE, but you should be able to pickpocket one of the ghost knights in the firewine ruins for a longbow +2

Just went through there, and nope. None of them have items.

On the other hand, I can confirm Drizzt can be relieved of both his weapons.

After finally getting Imoens thief skills back, i went back to firewine ruins. The top left ghost night does have a deadshot +2 longbow.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012
    szb said:

Here is a good list:
    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Pockets_to_Pick

But there might be new ones now.

The list is still working, though some items can still be acquired by the proper quest, specially in BG.
    THe most notable item in BG should be the Cloak of Balduran in Undercellar, as you don't need to do this step in the questline (the 5 statues) or it often is just left and thereafter you can't talk to her to get it for free. (Degrodels Quest, else the NPC is Quenash)
    *oops* was already mentioned..nevermind.

Edit: The dwarf in Ulgoth's Beard (Stonehammer) has a warhammer +1 /+4 giant humanoids
    Shandalar got some lvlx-5 spells....some minor loot (Remove Curse, Feeblemind, Emotion, Greater Malison, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere and Spirit Armour)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    deltago said:

Silke quest, pickpocket the 3 ruffians for the potions before talking to them.

Or you can just kill them (you have to be quick, though) after killing Silke, you don't even lose any reputation (my evil party took this approach...)