Skip to content

Number of enemies

It feels like the enemies spawn are considerably less than what it used to be.

I am abit worried about this, both cause the game seems abit easier but also since I feel there might not be enough exp for me to dual Imoen.... :(

Comments

• ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Tutu messed up the orginal spawns by making it always spawn the max ammount rather then a random number.

So if you were playing TuTu before thats why it feels like theres less mobs now.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I'm pretty confident you can still level a full party to 161K XP if you explore properly. No need for grinding.
    ST4TICStriker
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    I think the spawn rates in BG:EE are about right.

Also keep in mind the default difficulty is set to monsters do 3/4 damage, so it's easier due to that also.
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    If you want to XP farm a bit to get that next level up, just hit the ankeg nest.

Otherwise I've found that when resting in an un/partially explored area you will get 2-3 random spawns then you'll be able to rest.

Also, you are right about those map areas that have a chance for spawns every time you move though them. For instance the hobgoblins on the way to the pirates/sirens cave are fewer as well as the sirens .
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    Yeah, I have it set to core always though. I have played TuTu but I still think these spawns seem abit small compared to vanilla. Oh well :) I will still dual Immy and hope for the best.. I have no other thief in team though,,, ;///
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    There is already a topic for this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8555/lack-of-monsters#latest
    I don't like this either.
    We earn 1/3 of the original XP before we meet the BOSSES.
    We get 1/3 of the gaming time.
    We get 1/3 of the excitement.
    With the new kits added the game is too easy now. (Even my wife said this.)
    I think this is now the worst enhancement to this game. (Besides the removed movies.)
    They could just make a new difficulty for new players, why mess with a working, balanced system?
    Thanks for reading.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2012
    well I disagree.. i've had quite a big number of enemies to kill. Nothing like IWD, but when i rest in the bandit mines i would usually have 10-15 bandits ambush me.. :D thank god for the sleep spell

Yeah, I have it set to core always though. I have played TuTu but I still think these spawns seem abit small compared to vanilla. Oh well :) I will still dual Immy and hope for the best.. I have no other thief in team though,,, ;///

It is changed yes, devs. confimed the change.
  • igotsmeakabob11igotsmeakabob11 Member Posts: 19
    Sese79 said:

It is changed yes, devs. confimed the change.
    Link? Did they say how much/what was removed?
    edited December 2012
    Link above (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8555/lack-of-monsters#latest)
    They said nothing why the difficulty was lowered by this amount, but I read that this tendency stays until the end of the game, so that the mentioned "size will go up if the party size or the level goes up" from devs. is not what is happening. I am very sad about this. They said they do not change the core of the game! It was more exciting before. Now you can chase and slay the only remaining monsters who are as "lost and lonely in the woods" and are frighting and just waiting for a party to slay them. Even my wife said it is too easy now. In vanilla you had to prepare for a fight, think about twice as going to the dangerous sites. Now the game is quite different, if you are weak, then the monsters are fewer, so no need to think or prepare at all. What happened to the world of FR? what happened with the Points-of-Light concept of the FR's creators? :(
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I never played Tutu, and I was wondering why there were so many lone kobolds, ogres and the like around. Some encounters are still as before, but the more random spawns seem to have been lessened quite a bit. I attributed it to the RNG, but from the looks of it that was a design decision.

In my opinion, it should be changed more toward the old rates of enemies.