Skip to content

you know you've played too much bg when...

colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
You put statements like "we must restore balance" into a business process during a workshop without thinking in front of 10 people.

Your turn! Real life only examples please!

Edit: now with proof of my madness:
Post edited by colonel_burger on

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I can't get the tavern theme out of my head. And if it isn't the tavern, it's the main theme. It's terrible.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Sometimes when I'm working I'll whistle the song they play while you're inside an inn. IT'S SUCH A CHARMING LITTLE TUNE
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I can never again behold hamsters the same way I did before playing bg.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    Randomly: "These walls contain the world's knowledge."
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    I was soaking the tub last night, relaxing, sick and trying to feel better. Earlier in the evening my wife heard the crickets in the game background at night and asked "Do I hear crickets?". I said, "Yes baby, it's the game. As I was soaking I heard crickets outside and the first thing that popped into my head was the night scape where I left off out in the woods in BG:EE.

I know....I'm a nerd, sue me. I'm the coolest nerd that's ever been though so that makes it ok. ;)
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Sometimes I think up ability scores and alignments for my friends in real life. Like guessing what their stats would look like if they were thrown into the game. Then I decide which 5 I would take with me and who would get kicked out when I came across certain NPCs. Hopefully this never happens... deciding between Imoen and my bff would take weeks and as much as I like hearing "boooooorringg", it would get annoying after a while.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    We're all doomed
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13

I murmur "Get me out of this hellhole!" pretty frequently

I do this too, at home, waiting for the bus, at school. I don't think anyone has noticed yet.

Oh and I mutter to myself, "Yes, oh omni-present authority figure?" in that sarcastic tone that makes me want to smack Jaheira.

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Make way, evil! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    "You must smooch the cats before venturing forth"
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I've stopped using the word "tired". When I'm out of energy, I'm fatigued. Period.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    I say "how can I help? :D?" with a Nalia-like inflection when asking a customer how I can help them.
    Rather than saying "hey", I now say "heya".
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I've found myself hitting space in other games to pause. Unfortunately this has had no effect in MMORPGs, quite a few bosses would've been way easier and short snack breaks wouldn't hurt either.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    I dreamt of hamsters.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Silverstar I cannot tell you how often I do that in other games
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38

I've found myself hitting space in other games to pause. Unfortunately this has had no effect in MMORPGs, quite a few bosses would've been way easier and short snack breaks wouldn't hurt either.

Not always....

I use to play Vanilla World of Warcraft... when raids were 40 people...

You want to give 40 random people on the internet a pause button while fighting a raid boss? Be my guest, heck its hard enough keeping people from taking constant breaks and going AFK without one.

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

@Silverstar I cannot tell you how often I do that in other games

It's odd though; I play a lot of different RPGs yet BG/ID are the only ones that have ever programmed me with habits I then try to apply to other games, heh.

Not always....

I use to play Vanilla World of Warcraft... when raids were 40 people...

You want to give 40 random people on the internet a pause button while fighting a raid boss? Be my guest, heck its hard enough keeping people from taking constant breaks and going AFK without one.

Oh I'd settle for just me having the ability :P

I actually quite miss the 40 man raids. 10 just doesn't make for as interesting chats or fun fights.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    lol!
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    ibward said:

I work front desk at a hotel. It requires quite a bit of willpower not to proclaim "My hotel is as clean as an elven arse" to entering customers.

Your avatar even fits the post you made!!

• eyeofthegoateyeofthegoat Member Posts: 26
    I call people manure mouths when I'm mad at them
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Fav quote "you'll suffer, you will all suffer!" based onthat I accedently took RP'ing in WoW a bit toooo far and verbally abused the GM when he asked me to log on my tauren druid healer when being on my undead lock.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! ..I am in NO WAY related to that damn hippie!!! ..he makes me sick to my rotten stomach!!!!!! ..it's always the same, "hi Callous i heard you and Tranquilit are friends?!" ..NO I ABHORE THAT STINKING STREAKING FLEEBAG!!! ..YOU AND YOUR BELOVED HIPPIE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .......oh wait, I'm going there! ...GO ANYWHERE BUT HELL!!!!!!!

People ROLFD'ed hard in gchat.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    "You must gather your party before venturing forth" has also been something I've said quite a lot. Sometimes at appropriate times when I'm with fellow d&d players who know what I'm talking about and sometimes with friends who go ".... ohhhkay." :P
    When it was really bad I would quote Lilarcor.... Now THAT was messed up.