Skip to content

Favorite Character in Baldurs Gate 1 & 2

Mine is a tie between Jan Jansen and Minsc, both are hilarious, especially when together because Jan Jansen always tries to steal Boo, which Minsc doesnt take kindly to. Jan is hilarious with almost every character. As he badgers almost everyone. and Minsc is just hilarious on his own.

Comments

• KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    Minsc, absolutely no question whatsoever.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    CHARNAME is my favorite. :D
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Viconia and Sendai are my two favorite characters, followed a distant third by Phaere.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    Viconia and Minsc. :)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Minsc.... it just doesn't feel right playing either game without him.. :P
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Jon Irenicus no doubt! Awesome guy who wants revenge with the best quotes ever
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Jan Jansen is game breakingly amazing. When you pick him up in BG2 you can drink a potion of Master Thievery and steal anything basically..

My favorite NPC has to be Valygar or Haer Dalis. :)
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    There's just so many amazingly brilliant ones, which is which is why this game is the pinnacle of it's genre. But if i had to choose one, then for sure Jon Irenicus. It also helps that he is voiced by a famous actor.
  • catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    I like Tiax & Haer'Dalis.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    The thing about Jon Irenicus is his voice. He's not all that special when it comes down to it, but the voice actor makes him sound so awesome while doing it that we don't really care.

I can't really decide who my favourite is, regardless. There are just too many good options in this game. It's probably just some one-note NPC we talk to like once and never meet again anyway.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Hmm BG1

Drizzt Do' Urden.

I also really like Brage and how he's gone Berserk, I love how he just crazy laughs at you as your killing him

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The Nameless O-... damn, wrong game.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Viconia, for obvious reasons.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Sarevok - Chaotic Evil, done right. Not a brainless, must kill everything because I'm chaotic evil moron, noooo, calculating, charismatic, and high intelligent, if utterly ruthless in pursuit of his goals...not perfect of course, he lost after all..but damn...he at least is a good role model to use as a base for an evil character..and then do better.

Irenicus - Actually a pretty deep character if you really get into exploring things about him. Could've succeeded in his plan, except that whole hubris thing that got him in trouble in the first place reared it's ugly head once he "fixed" his problem. Good for us I guess.

Jan Janson - Not only funny as hell in his own right, and will banter well with ANY party combo, he's also one of the straight up more powerful npcs in the series if you're proficient at fully utilizing all that a multiclass T/M has to offer.

Eldoth - I dunno...I find him funny for some reason...mostly because of how he gets on the nerves of all the other party members. Then again..I'm somewhat partial to non-Spoony bards..Eldoth is quite the deadly archer despite his low dex due to his ability to make poisoned arrows (use it every rest period, and save them for truly worthy targets, and you shouldn't find yourself grasping at an empty quiver when needed). My only dislike is how late you get him.....his other "problem" really isn't since he seems like the type who wouldn't mind losing baggage.

Xan - My party's comic relief, and all around mystical ass-kicker. I'd like him a lot more if he could throw his moonblade though...melee just really doesn't fit with his stats.

Yoshimo - A very interesting and tragic character, who would have a constant place on my team if they would just implement the rest of his intended storyline. Oh well..I can dream can't I?
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012
    Tiax always reminds me of a Nietzsche quote taken slightly out of context:

"He must be accustomed to living on mountain tops [...] One must make one’s self superior to humanity, in power, in loftiness of soul, in contempt."
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    Haven't finished BG1 so....

In BG2 Aerie was my favorite char, had a very soothing voice and background music and the romance development was somewhat contrived but really nice, with the expansion options stepping it up even more.

Special mentions as well to Viconia for her banter and awsome utility and ofc Edwin for always putting a smile on my face (Edwina just made me LOL so hard!) x))
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    edited December 2012
    (oops, wrong thread). (Can you delete a comment?)
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    Imoen and Irenicus, without a doubt.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    My overall favourite would be Bodhi. I love the way she runs and how she pronounces "shadow thieves". Vampires are pretty cliche but then again she isn't your ordinary vampire. I would gladly offer up Imoen if it meant having Bodhi join my group.

As for favourite party member it would be Haer'Dalis. His thespian extraordinaire attitude coupled with his musings about entropy makes him a truly unique NPC. Not to mention coming from another world. I'm also a sucker for Bards, especially one that can put up a fight. It's a shame he decided to fall for Aerie though.

Viconia is my favourite love interest.

I also like Tiax cause Tiax rules all.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Favourites?

SAEMON HAVARIAN - I want to be like him when I grow up... aw, damn, I already did
    HAER'DALIS - Errol Flynn of the Forgotten Realms, my sparrows
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Przemkas said:

Favourites?

SAEMON HAVARIAN - I want to be like him when I grow up... aw, damn, I already did
    HAER'DALIS - Errol Flynn of the Forgotten Realms, my sparrows

Anomen always makes me think of Errol Flynn.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I really like Montaron. He's small, nasty, and he makes rivers turn red. In my opinion, he's the right "kind" of fantasy evil, not the scheming superbrain nor the chaotic stupid mass murderer, which seem to make up most of games and literature. He's a mercenary, but more than that is also a sort of secret agent and he's somewhat insane, but not too much. He likes bloodshed, but he acts professional about it. He seems to have fallen out of some war movie, but not in an overdone way, which I find quite rare in fantasy; there's usually different archetypes there.

Plus, he's a halfling. I think that does it for me. Halfling commando, optionally w/ plate mail.

Of course, everybody likes Saemon Havarian and the Shadow Thieves in BG2. I do, however, find the BG1 cast to be more interesting, maybe because they all talk so little and that leaves more room for your imagination.
    Am I the only one that didn't like Saemon at all? A backstabbing faux-cheerful jerk that can't even give me the pleasure of killing him, because there's not a single interaction with him where he would give me the time before disappearing with a teleport or something.
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    Hands down it has to be Minsc.
  • OssoryOssory Member Posts: 56
    Definitely Noober from Nashkel.
    Noober and Neeber should meet.

I'm sure it would be a riveting discussion, not one to be missed.
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    edited December 2012
    Mazzy Fentan is my fav i always rush to the Temple of Amenator to get her first.
    Post edited by Velkir on
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    In BG1, my fav companion is Viconia, while my fav NPC is Dradeel. In BG2, it'd have to be Yoshimo (You have heard of me, right?), and my fav NPC was probably Phaere. There were other close picks; for example Nalia, Haer'Dalis, Amaunator, the Spectator Beholder, and for some reason I always felt a twinge of sympathy for poor Mook at the Docks. I always felt she got the short end of the stick, in way over her head but loyal to the end to her boss.