Skip to content

Post your crazy wild Surges *potential spoilers*

I cast a magic missile on Bassilus with Neera

A wild surge petrified him and turned him to stone

Rasaad finished him off with a spinning back kick... but he only dropped his holy symbol :(

Pretty sure I got his 975 experience twice though, one for turning him to stone and another for shattering him.

If I knew how to upload the screenshot I totally would

Comments

• GaudalohtGaudaloht Member Posts: 5
    So far guys did you get any very crazy surge or really useful one? share it!
    she doubled my kensai mc hitpoints
    downside, was fighting some town folks when she said ''oops is that a fiend portal?" after that everyone got killed
    im really having a lot of fun with the wild magic and neera speeches
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LetundielLetundiel Member Posts: 12
    She put a fireball in middle of my party and summoned an army of birds..
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Neera accidentally turned one of the bounter hunters after my PC into Stone, and then my party shatterd the enemy. But then I lost out ont he equipment so I had to reload :(
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Hasn't really done anything odd in my game except turn herself a different color and change her gender temporarily...
  • LythunylLythunyl Member Posts: 30
    I'm not sure what happened exactly, but this guy in Feldepost's comes up to me and acts rude, and the next thing I know half the inn is wiped out by fireballs.
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    Neera single-handedly killed half my party, including my protagonist. It's a fun character, but I really don't like to hit "Load Game" too much. She had to go.

Wild Mages were already a problem in Pen & Paper RPG and have been the source of some heated discussions between my players. They don't fit well into computer games either. Unless, of course, you save often and don't mind reloading. Unfortunately to me that isn't my playstyle.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I guess she is being bland with me on purpose. Everyone else is getting my wild surges, for me everything has gone smoothly. I got her for the lulz too! Come on you guys, don't hog all the wild surges I've been waiting for! :P
  • azidahakaazidahaka Member Posts: 19
    i had her summon a high level demon in a dungeon. i hid myself and the demon killed most of the enemies :D
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    After taking out half my party including the PC I decided she might not be a good companion choice for a no reload game unless you are willing to accept the death and start over or add an addendum to the rules to allow reloads for wild surges that kill the PC LOL
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    What would you do on a no reload game if your main character kicked it? Just stop playing?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Quineloe said:

What would you do on a no reload game if your main character kicked it? Just stop playing?

Exactly go back to character creation and start over either with the same character or a new one- or alternately continue the game as a normal game after being defeated in the no reload campaign.

• DJRankineDJRankine Member Posts: 5
    So far I've been pretty lucky with wild surges, only had one that gave Imoen Hiccups, that was fun!
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Usually I just get mage level reductions or increases. One time she healed an enemy. The best that's happened was one time when she got itchy. Don't know whether it would've affected spell success or something like that.
  • RamasterRamaster Member Posts: 18
    I tried to cast Protection from Fire on my charname and she instead shot a fireball to my whole party. The irony!
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    The only time I really tend to have surges is when I'm actively causing them with Nahal's trying to unleash Cloudkill or something four levels early.
  • igotsmeakabob11igotsmeakabob11 Member Posts: 19
    My most often cast spells with her are Chaos Shield and Reckless Dweomer... so I've seen some shit.
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    Aw awesome!

I think Neera changed herself into a man, but it was right before a reload so I'm not positive.

Other than that, I've had some nicely placed fireballs. And a few times she's blown the whole party up, but that was when casting her randomn spell anyway.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Well, a wild surge can change the casters sex, it can even change the targets sex. Hehehe, always a fun one. The best wild surge has to be a cow dropping from the sky to kill your target. Talk about an ignoble death.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2012
    Threads merged. Carry on!
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    marfig said:

Neera single-handedly killed half my party, including my protagonist. It's a fun character, but I really don't like to hit "Load Game" too much. She had to go.

Wild Mages were already a problem in Pen & Paper RPG and have been the source of some heated discussions between my players. They don't fit well into computer games either. Unless, of course, you save often and don't mind reloading. Unfortunately to me that isn't my playstyle.

LoL, that depends entirely on your Pen & Paper group. When you play with a group of friends which goof of all the time having a crazy wild mage is just what the doctor ordered.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Regained all spells, spell targets caster instead, spell targets everyone in area, targets gender swapped. A Friends spell in the middle of Fieldpost inn.
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    Oh yeah, she summoned a high level demon inside the Nashkel Inn while hitwoman Neira was attacking us.

That didn't end well.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Summoned squirrels while fighting Karlat. Later on, while Imoen robbed all of Beregost blind, there were still squirrels running around. :x
    Phony explosions on some of the bandits, while hunting bandits.
    Hiccups while attacking the Xvart Village.
    Dropped a cow on Neira. And Sendai of Amn.
    Neera turned bright orange while fighting some bandits.
    Neera also mass-healed some basilisks, CHARNAME, herself, and Branwen!

...anytime she gates in a nabassu, I hit the "L" button and quick-load. ;___;
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Went to cast shield, it cast gate instead. DERP
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I'm highly tempted to switch her out with Dynaheir....
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Meh, I use Neera AND my wild mage...good times are had by all...Nuked the entire first floor of the friendly arm inn with cows casting friends...again.

Turned a demon loose during the coronation. Made the entire 2nd floor of candlekeep glow neon blue. Gated 4 demons at once with a single Naehl's during the final boss fight.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    I also want to play wild mage and take Neera into company, but i dont intend load games after wild surges. Are there any really dangerous wild surges that require loading? Going as opposite sex or killing few civils from time to time is no problem for me. But i heard about losing all gold. After that i would certaintly reload (i'm not such hardcore player to keep playing after wasting 10k gold). Anything else?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Good thing my PC's a Sorcerer - I don't think I want Neera casting spells outside of combat... :)