Skip to content

Exactly what does bard song give you in EE?

In the official EE manual it says it increases morale and luck, but what does luck mean? Does that mean the same as the spell luck? Where all your throws are increased by +1? Because testing this in game does not show an increase in any saving throws, or damage, or to hit in the character sheet.

However in the Bard kit description it says "increases morale to 10, removes fear, and adds protection from fear". Is that what it does in game? I can't seem to find any resources that show what is happening under the hood.

I'm trying to find out if it's worth keeping Garrick in my party, if it increases all throws I think it's worth it, but if it just increases morale and protects from fear then maybe not.

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Removes Horror + Immunity against Horror + Morale set to 10 for 1 round.
    Source: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23932.
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    Is that all? Does it ever improve? (I'm thinking no) The Icewind Dale bardsong is WAY better, and Heart of Winter added 5 additional songs to choose from granting nifty abilities.
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    edited December 2012
    Bard song is probably the worst documented ability in the game.
    Right now I think Abel is right and it doesn't give luck bonuses and also doesn't improve at higher levels, but I can't realy be sure.

In Bg2 for example, the jester song improved as you levelled up and gained new effects (but those new effects were not documented anywhere either), maybe the plain bard song did too...I don't know. Also I seem to remember that the blade kit description had at the end 'The blades song does not improve', possibly suggesting that the normal bard song does. That last line is no longer in the enchanted edition blade description.
    Anyway its still a mess and hard to know whats realy going on.

I hope they'll make the description clear in a future patch.
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Fact is it doesnt do enough so yes it sucks ;)
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    So essentially, the vanilla bard and blade song is useless 99% of the time, whereas in Icewind Dale, you could have a bard running a song 24/7 and still be contributing something. super.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    So does that mean even a Skald is a wash out