Skip to content

So.. the Black Pits?

Is it it's own stand-alone adventure where you create 6 party members and fight them through 15 rounds of battles? Does it connect with the Bhaalspawn story or what's the point and what's the reward?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Fun is it's own reward
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I would be very pleased if it would feature the ability to play multiplayer party vs party in the arena of the pits. Then again it would probably have a lot of balance issues. I believe it could make an already perfect game into an even greater masterpiece if that sort of pvp would be added.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Balance shmalance. I love the idea of PvP in this, balanced or not. Can just imagine Sorcerer vs Sorcerer or two people controlling mirror parties with same stats/gear/accessories to see who wins :P
    It would definitely make people play the game a lot more once they finish one or two playthroughs.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012

Is it it's own stand-alone adventure (...)?

Yes.

Does it connect with the Bhaalspawn story?

No.

or what's the point and what's the reward?

It's fun.

Well if they don't have that sort of PvP we could make a thread or something and see how many of us want it implemented and maybe they will do it if we are a fair number :p
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Zeckul said:

Is it it's own stand-alone adventure (...)?

Yes.
    Ok.

Does it connect with the Bhaalspawn story?

No.
    Too bad.

or what's the point and what's the reward?

It's fun.
    No one knows that yet.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

No one knows that yet.

But we do. This is not the first game to feature a gauntlet, and alot of us loves it.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    If nothing else, import your BG party into it and view it as an adventure happening to them in between BG and BG2. You'll certainly get exp.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Well if they don't have that sort of PvP we could make a thread or something and see how many of us want it implemented and maybe they will do it if we are a fair number :p

It's been done already. The vast majority of the forum voted no back a few months ago.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I'm looking forward to it as a proving ground for character concepts. I can fit different characters into the party and try out which one are actually fun to play through the "real" game. For example, I still can't decide between Half-Orc Cleric or evil Fighter/Mage for the first try at BG:EE. I'll throw them both down the Pit with some other guys and see who is more interesting.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036

Zeckul said:

It's fun.

No one knows that yet.
    I do. Just played through the entire thing two days ago. :)

Oh well it seems not many pvp'ers around if they voted no. Oh well, you can't have them all :p
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Do you start the black pits at level 1 or do you have to import a higher level party? Also, do the battles change depending on the party's level?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    I would expect you can import any party (at any level) you want into it.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    GooD god, please please PLEASE!!! ... I MUST HAVE MAGE VS MAGE MULTIPLAYER!
  • menumenu Member Posts: 6
    can you win items and use them on main story line ?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    menu said:

can you win items and use them on main story line ?

From what I understand, no. You can import a character into, but not back out.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You can import it out too. I'd have to check if they bring their items with them, but I assume they do.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

I'm looking forward to it as a proving ground for character concepts. I can fit different characters into the party and try out which one are actually fun to play through the "real" game. For example, I still can't decide between Half-Orc Cleric or evil Fighter/Mage for the first try at BG:EE. I'll throw them both down the Pit with some other guys and see who is more interesting.

That is an EXCELLENT idea! I never though about using it to test out different classes and such! I'm pretty much a BG noob so I don't really know what will work well for me or not. Thanks for this idea! Now I have another reason to look forward to The Black Pitts!
  • Jimmy2Jimmy2 Member Posts: 2
    To Tanthalas, how do you import from the pits to the normal bg1 enhanced edition storyline? thought I would do that today since first level is so annoying with having like 2 health and getting 1 or 2 shotted by everything. So I lvled to lvl 5, saved and went on new game but could only find the char from my first enhanced playthrough not the one I created for the pits.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Mungri @loganultima @sarevokok
    I'm gonna open a poll for a pvp option
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Just tested - you can export a character from the Black Pits into the normal pool of exported characters and start a BG1 game with them, keeping all Black Pits unique gear, XP and so on.

This is similar in concept to restarting with a geared and levelled character, but with some unique items to boot. There are some very nice BG2 items on the vendors in the pits, including some Monk-specific guantlets that normally only show up halfway through BG2.
  • Jimmy2Jimmy2 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Corvino said:

Just tested - you can export a character from the Black Pits into the normal pool of exported characters and start a BG1 game with them, keeping all Black Pits unique gear, XP and so on.

This is similar in concept to restarting with a geared and levelled character, but with some unique items to boot. There are some very nice BG2 items on the vendors in the pits, including some Monk-specific guantlets that normally only show up halfway through BG2.

Curious how do you export it to normal pool? Have to finish black pits or can you do it for example if you
    just want to gain a few levels quick and start as lvl 5? :)

Edit: never mind found out. :)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You can export your characters from the Black Pits at any point using the "Export" button on your character sheet, just as in the normal campaign.
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Black Pits is stupid, its for your ub3r d00dz hack and slash lover. The best new content is the quests for the new characters.

But im not complaining, if thats the garbage they plan to put in their store it'll save me money. Im here for the RPG not the hack n slash. Also PvP is pointless, anything that detracts from the story writing is stupid and a waste of resources. There are alot of games like Diablo and such for isometric hack and slash crap.