Skip to content

Who is in your party? And what do you call it!

PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
Well for me it is comprised of 3 mages 1 healer 1 thief and 1 Fighter

PC = Wizard Slayer / Mage (Caster Destroyer) RP wise double agent who is working with the mages xD

NPC's
Montron = Back Up Fighter / Main Thief
Xzar = Necromancer Summoner / HP Drainer
Edwin = Mass Destruction Mage
Shar-Teel = Main Fighter / Meat Shield
Tiax = Back Up Thief / Main Healer

So what type of party do you have, i call my party arcane destruction for money :D.

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    PC = Cavalier (Paladin)

NPCs

Imoen - Dualed to mage
    Neera - Second mage
    Minsc - two-handed weapons
    Rasaad - Shadowkeeepered to Cleric.
    Kivan - Archer

I refuse to give a name to any party :P
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    PC: Human Sorcerer

NPCs:
    Imoen - Thief, shoots with shortbow and switches to sword when enemy gets close
    Jaheira - Fighter/Druid, sticks close to thief and casters as bodyguard, heals out of combat
    Khalid - Fighter, runs up into things' faces and hits them with a longsword
    Viconia - Cleric, defensive caster with healing/buffs/crowd control spells and also fights where needed
    Neera - Wild Mage, uses the reckless spell frequently for laughs and disasters inflicted on either side

Mainly play with the party setup as I simply like the characters. Granted there's not as much to them as in the sequel, but they also work out quite nicely for me mechanically speaking.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    Elendar said:

PC = Cavalier (Paladin)

NPCs

Imoen - Dualed to mage
    Neera - Second mage
    Minsc - two-handed weapons
    Rasaad - Shadowkeeepered to Cleric.
    Kivan - Archer

I refuse to give a name to any party :P

I call your party: Team Elendar

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Off Topic nonsense talk:
    PentiumD said:

[...] Montron [...]

Best - typo - ever :D

Montron ~ JonTron

Does this mean that Egoraptor is Xzar? The hair kinda looks alike. And they are both crazy.
    Now we just need a name... Egoxzar? Xzaraptor? Egoxzarptor?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Off Topic nonsense talk:

PentiumD said:

[...] Montron [...]

Best - typo - ever :D

Montron ~ JonTron

Does this mean that Egoraptor is Xzar? The hair kinda looks alike. And they are both crazy.
    Now we just need a name... Egoxzar? Xzaraptor? Egoxzarptor?
    XD wow

I vote EgoXzaRaptor!!!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The New Furies: Dorn, Kagain, Safana, Viconia and Neera.
  • LamorackLamorack Member Posts: 24
    Me - Bard (Blade)
    Dorn (scout / some damage)
    Rasaad (tank / damage)
    Neera (mage)
    Coran (thief and archer)
    Branwen (cleric and healing)

I had Kivan instead of Coran but then I remembered that I needed a thief and a bard and a monk doesn't make up for it!

Not sure what to call my party. Band of Misfits maybe, since I have evil, neutral, and good NPCs Currently on 18 REP so will probably need to punch a nun or something to stop Dorn leaving (though so far he hasn't complained). Been trying to romance Dorn with my neutral good Blade but haven't heard anything from him for a while and he refuses to speak to me!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Boo's Angels.
  • misiekbemisiekbe Member Posts: 17
    PC - Male Sorcerer - Because I finally can :)

Ajantis - Main tank/self-healing
    Jaheira - Back-up fighter/healer/pre-combat buffs
    Minsc - Main damage dealer
    Imoen - Thief - simple as that ;)
    Branwen - Back-up fighter/healer/pre-combat buffs

So my sorcerer spreads area damage from distance and all other guys are to hold ground and smash at close distance(Imoen adding damage from distance with her bow). It worked pretty good for me so far :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I had to go back to a previous save, as mucked something up (forgot to do Safana's quest in time and she left me stranded w/o a utility thief at a crucial point), but my current party is:

PC - female neutral evil elf fighter/mage (will try to romance Dorn), dual wield long swords
    Dorn - Blackguard (tank/damage dealer)
    Montaron - Fighter/Thief - scout/backstabber
    Imoen - Thief - utility thief /archer- might dual her, might swap her out for Safana instead
    Viconia - Cleric - buffer and healer/sling user, also fond of using Command and Hold Person :-)
    Xzar - Necromancer - spells, dagger-chucker

I'm unsure whether to keep Xzar or swap him for Edwin, Edwin has more spells, but I'm quite enjoying Xzar's particular brand of lunacy, so might keep him and/or dual him to a cleric (not thief, as CHARNAME wants the Dex tome...)

Am mostly using CHARNAME as pretty much a straight fighter most of the time at present (am level 2/2), but that should change as I get more spells and kit. I've cast Find Familiar and have the 12HP extra HP from the Dust Mephit, but am keeping it in my backpack until CHARNAME has learned Glitterdust herself (level 3/3, I already have the scroll), to try to stop the Familiar being too OP in the initial game. I'm also *not* selling Rassaad's boots for now, as the amount of gold these give (12,500!) is unbalancing, though might later.
  • GriddGridd Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Any party without Minsc is a failure... and any party he is in is automatically called: "Buttkickers for Goodness!"

Boo will take care of the details.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Lemernis, a Chaotic Good half-elven Fighter-Mage
    Imoen (remains thief)
    Viconia
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Dorn

Lol, I have never thought to give my party a name. But it sounds like fun. Gotta think on it...
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2012
    The Company of the Running Fist

Aidan: TN Berserker. -7 AC dual wielding scimitars, off-tank, sustained damage. Will dual to druid at 13 in BG2

Imoen: Thief6/Mage. Traps and locks, primary caster

Shar-Teel: Fighter3/Thief. All stealth. Spike damage and scouting, skirmishing. Mage killer.

Yeslick: Super tanky with dex gauntlets and strength girdle, Minor healing, major buffing

Neera: Trump Card (I once cast 4 cloudkill in two rounds. Brutal)

Dorn: Damage, pack mule

I'm loving this party. In dungeons, Immy invisibles herself and detects traps while moving with stealthed Shar-Teel. Contrary to the description, you can disarm traps without losing invisibility, so it's fantastic for the tougher trapped dungeons.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

The Company of the Running Fist

Aidan: TN Berserker. -7 AC dual wielding scimitars, off-tank, sustained damage. Will dual to druid at 13 in BG2

I presume you killed Drizzt then?

• aerefrygtaerefrygt Member Posts: 16
    PC = Wild Mage - Main Offensive Caster

Ajantis - Tank
    Branwen - Healer/Buffer
    Eldoth - Archer/Wand/Utility
    Skie - Thieving Skills (I still have Imoen currently though - still not in Baldur's gate)
    Xan - CC / Support Caster (I'm thinking to wether to swap Viconia here or not)

I think my party is called "i don't know what im really doing but i got them because i like their personalities and im trying out NPCs i never really used"

It's a Neutral party so yeah, I'm keeping my reputation on average.
  • pukingdogpukingdog Member Posts: 25
    i see a lot of people dual imoen.
    at what level is this best done?
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    PC: Astor, lawful evil sorcerer and damage caster

Dorn: Melee death-dealer and tank
    Rasaad: Off-tank
    Neera: Utility caster and OH F*** button
    Imoen: Thief of awesome

Really the party composition's only like that because I wanted to try out the new NPCs (and can't play BG without Imoen). Once the NPC project is updated for BG:EE, I'll go through again with an import of the same PC, Dorn, Viconia, Edwin, Imoen, and 1 rotating slot.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I used to name some of my parties in the original games - especially in ID2 since the premade parties all had names. My favorite BG party was:

Palins Plunderers - An adventure in Evil

Palins Plunderers had five more or less permanent members:

Three were my creations:

Palin Silentfist- a half-elf neutral evil male bard

Grim Woodswalker- a true neutral human male fighter who will dual class to druid in BG2

Belladonna- a neutral evil female elf fighter/thief

Joining them on a regular basis are two NPCs that are found in both BG1 and BG2

Viconia- a neutral evil drow elf female cleric

Edwin- a lawful evil human male conjurer

At this time they also have another NPC in BG1-

Kaigan- a lawful evil male dwarf fighter

and added Korgan to replace him in BG2

Oddly enough the free website I used to post journals of my exploits on is still up in spite of having been abandoned for years and you can find journals of Palins Plunderers journey through BG1 and part of BG2 here:

http://wanderonswarrens.yuku.com/forums/17/Palins-Plunderers-An-Adventure-in-Evil/Palins-Plunderers-An-Adventure-in-Evil

• NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    edited December 2012
    PC: Chaotic Evil Elf Sorcerer, main nuker.

Viconia - Healer, CC, and front line support.
    Neera - Spellcasting utility and AOE.
    Xzar - support nuker.
    Dorn - Tank and melee dps.
    Monty - thief, scout, and front line support.

There's a lot of spellcasting in this group so most enemies don't even make it to melee. Also most of the characters are around level six now. So while Monty is scouting and he find a single target he most of the time able to take it one on one, he is like an halfling commando :P

I think that the group is like a powerful Zhent cell, Monty and Xzar have recruited the PC and his friends and they traveling the Sword Coast spreading death and distruction. I think "The Black Suns" will be good name.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited December 2012
    "The Sword Coast Buccaneers"

[Captain]
    Cutlass Jack- Dual 'cutlass' (aka scimitar) wielding Swashbuckler.*

[Crew]
    Viconia - Healer, buffer, and First Mate
    Boo - Eye Removal ("Boo leads! Eyepatches for everyone!")
    Minsc - Boo's Mount
    Rasaad - Mostly there for entertaining banter with Viconia
    Safana - Because you never can have too many charming pirate types.

Neera was in the final slot but to date I've never gotten her to cast a Surge-less spell without constant reloading. 5% my space hamster's buttocks. So I think I'm going to bring back Imoen for the mage slot. Which fits my roguish group better anyway and gets bow usage.

*To answer @Oxford_Guy No I wont be killing Drizzt. There's other Scims now. He may be plundered for thematic reasons however.

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Oddly enough I just give names to my self-created-parties in IWD 1&2, TTOEE and SOZ, but never in BG 1&2 or NWN2/MOTB.. hmmm.. anyway.. here's my current BGEE party:

PC: NG Sorceress

Imoen
    Jaheira
    Neera
    Minsc
    Branwen

IWD 1&2, TTOEE & SOZ party names I used so far:

The Circle of The Great Oak
    Sisters of the Nordic Twilight
    The Circle of Dawn
    The Frost Wardens
    The Frost Witches
    The Icewind Sisters
    Maidens of Silvanus
    The Chosen of Silvanus
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    The Career Counselors

PC: Cleric dualled to fighter
    Imoen: Dualled to mage
    Shar-Tell: Dualled to thief
    Xzar: Given a tome, then dualled to cleric
    Safana: Given a tome, then dualled to mage
    Branwen: Given a tome, then dualled to thief
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    @Mechalibur Never thought of using tomes to help NPCs dual before. Great idea! I may have to do that with Safana myself.
  • ThomasMinkThomasMink Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    PC: Neutral good, elven archer - Pretty much just shoots things.. usually casters first if possible. Also a scout.
    Imoen - Mostly just a trapper and lockpicker, while also providing some ranged support with the PC
    Branwen - Healing, crowd control, and some melee support if required
    Dorn - Two handed melee dps, off-tank
    Kagain - Axe/shield user and attempt at main tank (ie: always sent into fights first if possible due to ac and hp)
    Neera - Nuker and utility.. some crowd control if needed

I have never named any of my parties in any RPG, nor do I think I will start.
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    PC = Enchanter (No, I didn't pick fucking flamehands)

NPC's
    Imoen = Level 1 Shithead / Human

I call my party, "Dogmustard."
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012
    Charname = I Know How it Ends, Haha.

Party = Just go THAT WAY, dammit!
  • YemethYemeth Member Posts: 36
    Me (Vanilla Paladin), Imoen, Kivan, Minsc, Dynaheir, Branwen (Yeslick in future) -
    Name: Justice League of Faerun :P
  • limalama45limalama45 Member Posts: 32
    Normally I try and go for at least 1 fighter or meat wall, 1 healer and rest a bit of mage pew! But at the moment got two parties currently on the go at the moment, one good and one evil, but thinking of starting a neutral mixed party up at some point.

Good
    PC = Cleric/Ranger (dual wield with back up healer)
    Imoen (pure thief, didn't want her to dual yet but might do)
    Khalid (meat wall)
    Jaheria (healer)
    Neera (for that wild mage fun! Esp love it when my gold disappears!)
    Kivan (shooting arrows from a far)

Evil
    PC = Assassin (pure stealth and backstabbing to fit with my RPing of the PC)
    Dorn (meat wall)
    Xzar (death mage fun)
    Montaron (lock picker/trap and back up tank)
    Viconia (healer)
    Edwin (Let's see...one good fireball...no, make that two...plus a horrid wilting spell, yes yes...)

Neutral mixed party
    PC = Druid (healer)
    Rasaad (tank / damage)
    Garrick (coz he is just so charming!)
    Eldoth (coz he is not so charming!)
    Skie (thief)
    Shar-Teel (tank but with dual wield)

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Me: Kensai, main frontline guy, would like to wield scimitars, but managed to break them and hasn't find any new ones so is substituting with longswords. Still manages to do some damage in spite of lacking even basic proficiency.
    Shar-Teel: Secondary frontline, then dual-classed as thief and now sneaks around and backstabs everything. Also deals with some locks and picking pockets, but can't do much for traps, which sucks.
    Ajantis: Support, wizard-killer, used Shadowkeeper to turn him into an inquisitor because I thought it made sense and was pretty flavorful. Murders wizards with True Seeing and Dispel.
    Viconia: Mostly healer, can also support in a fight a little bit, summons some undead and other stuff sometimes. Can also Chant: I love me some Chant.
    Imoen: Thief at first, dualed her into wizard when Shar-Teel became the rogue. Now mostly deals with Identify, because our main wizard (see below) can't handle those. Can also cast Invisibility, which is handy sometimes.
    Edwin: Main mage, with like a million first level spells with Ring of Wizardry, and also fireballs. I'll just have him blast everything, which he does quite well.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I'm currently aiming for (still need to pick up a few characters):

Charname - evil human Skald

And the rest of the party is
    Dorn
    Neera
    Viconia
    Montaron
    Zxar

Poor Neera... a little wild mage among all these evil people.