Skip to content

Weapons with elemental effects give extra chances to disrupt spellcasting

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
Weapons with elemental effects give extra chances to disrupt spellcasting.
For example a hit with the flail of ages
deals 1d8 +3 physical
+1 fire
+1 cold
+1 acid damage,
giving a total of 4 disrupt attempts rather than one. I am not sure if this is intentional?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Generally speaking I guess it should not be, since in that case specifically one hit would count as four. Neverwinter Nights definitely added all the elemental damage in one single stack of damage (for instance - Damage taken 9 (8 physical, 1 fire) )
    Aside from that, elemental damage doesn't only count as a different "hit", but also it surpasses Stoneskin. That shouldn't be a bug though.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I believe each hit should count as one disrupt attempt. Nice catch, @ajwz! I'll drop @KeithS's name so that he can look into this (and report back here that it was totally intentional LOL).
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Given that spells are disrupted upon receiving any damage (or even when you resist all of the damage), I don't see how this matters.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2012
    There's a TobEx fix for that I think, was it brought to the devs' attention in that file A64 gave them? Or is it not considered a bugfix but a tweak? Concentration check also please :D
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This is intentional, like Carsomyr's 50%MR limit (actually, more a bonus than a curse, having more than 50%MR is, well, ok, Viccy(Viconia) can when she joins, but she's a Drow.