Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge #2: Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Syntia13 Please post the Jaheira one anyway... I'd really liked to see it as I've liked all your previous ones :)
  • OpiumhandlarnOpiumhandlarn Member Posts: 12
    Have to say, amazing work thus far! Syntia you're a goddess with photoshop.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165

I will reattempt Dornette later.
    For now, you will just have to settle for this sketch.

Photobucket

Say hello to Joanne Irenicus.

awesome
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    @Syntia13 You're incredibly talented, they should hire you to make a new portraits-pack, I would buy it!
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    I will use ALL of your genderbended portraits for my party members once BG2:EE comes out.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Syntia13 Amazing work as usual on both Aerie and Jaheira.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @Syntia13
    Excellent as always! I have to admit, I'm curious as to what you could do with the other portraits that you haven't done yet. These are all amazing and I wish I had your portrait editing talent.
    Syntia, could you work on a male Jaheira portrait based on her BG1 picture too please?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Great work @Syntia13! Can you make one for Dorn, pls?
    My elf... my... male elf, is trying to romance him after he wore the girdle.
    I tried to dissuade my char but it was pointless, as his owner I cannot but beg you for help!
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    @Syntia13 Before and After shots of Jaheira: Is it just me or did she already have a pretty huge adam's apple before the transformation?? O_O

I never noticed that... No wonder she made the gender switch so easily.
    Sorry for the delay in the new challenge. I was really busy yesterday. I will close this challenge and start the new one after class this afternoon. Until then it's still open.
    Challenge #2 is now over! We're now beginning Challenge #3: Baldur's Gate Characters in the Modern World. The next challenge can be found here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8831/baldurs-gate-fanart-challenge-3-baldurs-gate-characters-in-the-modern-world#latest
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Syntia13 just to let you know, I clicked 15 times on the Like button but they still count as one! :(
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    This is my favorite thread, thanks mostly to Syntia. And that dude who posted drag Minsc.
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    Oh my lawd. I love this thread so much!

@Synthia13 You are amazings. Manowen and Maz are hawt! I love, too, that you took the elves/half-elves and preserved the particular characteristics the original art had for the elves. Pretty, large eyes, etc. even as a dude. A+

Dorna looks amazing, my half-elven avenger might find himself involved now into a totally unplanned relationship thanks to you.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Lol this thread is pure gold

I'm considering changing on of my party members Genders, can't decide who yet :D
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    This thread is great. I'm so glad you guys went with my idea. =)
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    @ wonderboy2402 I will annihilate you. ¬_¬
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Has anyone ever done one of Xzar? I have looked through all the Fans Creation stuff but cannot find a female Xzar image (apologies if there is one and I'm blind). If there is one anywhere on the web, could someone provide a link or post it here?

When the girdle is applied, the figure on the Inventory screen is quite shapely... :)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

Has anyone ever done one of Xzar? I have looked through all the Fans Creation stuff but cannot find a female Xzar image (apologies if there is one and I'm blind). If there is one anywhere on the web, could someone provide a link or post it here?

When the girdle is applied, the figure on the Inventory screen is quite shapely... :)

Well, there is a nice comic about Fem!Xzar: http://tundradrix.deviantart.com/art/Xzar-is-so-clever-263965744
    Also one for Fem!Khalid: http://epantiras.deviantart.com/art/Baldur-s-Gate-comic-pg2-41802319

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    I saw that one and I do like it but I wanted one in the style of the game's portrait of Xzar but as a woman...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, If it's not for the hairy arms, his portrait is kinda unisex. Weird how everyone here seems to imagine that the face of someone looks different as soon as the gender is swapped. The only thing that would change in my opinion is the bodyhair, the sice of the shoulders, hips, feed and hands and of course the change of the gender itself (hehe, penis).
    I mean, Edwina may get a huge reck but still has his ... her larynge. But in the romance mod, they gave her a girly girl portrait that looks nothing like Edwin. Seriously guys, give it a bit more autheticy. Just look at real gender changes, the person will hardly look different then before.
    Oh well, nobody gives a fuck anyway.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Buttercheese, actually, gender does have a profound effect on facial feature formation. We discussed it a bit earlier in the thread. Also, these are magical transformations, that make the person look as they would have looked if they had been born and gone through puberty as the alternate gender.