Skip to content

Highest Attributes Roll for Fighter Class

FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
I've been rolling a fighter for the past week and cannot manage to get over 90 and I'm getting quite enraged to be honest D:. You can write down how long it took you to get your roll. For example: 95, Googolplex of millenia and so on :D
  1. Highest Attributes Roll for Fighter Class77 votes
    1. I got circa 75 et je suis content.. ( I don't trust you)
        0.00%
    2. I got circa 80
        0.00%
    3. I got circa 85
      16.88%
    4. I got circa 90
      44.16%
    5. I got circa 95 ( I don't trust you either)
      36.36%
    6. I got 100+ ( specify how much exactly so I can feel even more envious)
        2.60%

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I was playing with that new auto roller tool this morning, I let it go for an hour at top speed, saw a 93. Of course, I had no intention of playing with the character, I was just trying it out.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I'll just take whatever provides max Str, Dex and Con and hopefully be left with a decent Charisma.

• MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Normally i take one of the first rolls and edit it with Shadowkeeper. But I rolled for about 5 minutes, just because of this poll, and got exactly 90.
    Btw, is it just me or is the first roll, the one you get automatically, always a bit on the high side?
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    I got a few rolls over 90. Never over 95, I think.
    But I don't bother too much. Two dumpstats (INT and WIS) are enough to create an excellent fighter within minutes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2012
    Bhaaldog said:

Highest I have ever seen is a 93 (without cheating). R

tbh, rolling more than once is cheating by true D&D rules :P
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Got lucky in about 5 minutes -- 18/00 with 95 points total to spend. He was a Paladin, though, not a Fighter specifically. Just about my best roll ever, actually. >_>
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited December 2012

Got lucky in about 5 minutes -- 18/00 with 95 points total to spend. He was a Paladin, though, not a Fighter specifically. Just about my best roll ever, actually. >_>

But I said FIGHTUUUUHRRR! D:

Edit: And to add to it, you didn't even get 100+!! I am outraged!
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I don't know, if Fighter/Thief counts, but oh well.

I rolled 92. So with all the tomes I have exactly 100 :)
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    I didnt roll at all.. it started out that way! it was for MP so it was not to bad :D
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    It was 88 or 89, I believe. Took about 10 to 15 minutes. Maybe 20.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    Quineloe said:

True enough if you are playing PnP with your friends (and even that depends upon your DM). However, we are playing a CRPG that uses the 2nd Edition rules. If it does not in any way circumvent the game's mechanics (like Shadowkeeper or Ctrl-8), it is not cheating. The game allows as many rolls as you wish. If you want to make a hobby out of rolling stats, go for it. It's in the game.

BTW, it took me around 30 minutes to roll a 55% 94 human fighter yesterday. 30 more minutes of re-rolling netted me three more 90+ (the best was 92 of those three).

Also, the time factor was significantly reduced by a little program created by @Ravel. You can find it here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10314/a-crappy-stat-rolling-monitoring-utility-i-made/p1
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Quineloe said:

True enough if you are playing PnP with your friends (and even that it depends upon your DM). However, we are playing a CRPG that uses the 2nd Edition rules. If it does not in any way circumvent the game's mechanics (like Shadowkeeper or Ctrl-8), it is not cheating. The game allows as many rolls as you wish. If you want to make a hobby out of rolling stats, go for it. It's in the game.

BTW, it took me around 30 minutes to roll a 55% 94 human fighter yesterday. 30 more minutes of re-rolling netted me three more 90+ (the best was 92 of those three).

Also, the time factor was significantly reduced by a little program created by @Ravel. You can find it here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10314/a-crappy-stat-rolling-monitoring-utility-i-made
    Thanks for the hint, sadly even with this utility I'm stll being pwned by BG mathematics
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I spend hours rerolling to get the stats that I want. I tend to watch something whilst I reroll. I pretty much do this with most characters as well.
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2012
    Bhaaldog said:

Highest I have ever seen is a 93 (without cheating). Rangers tend to get higher rolls than other classes as well (at least they did in the original).

93 is the highest I've ever had also, it was when i rolled a Blade in BG:2 TOB, and it was the base roll without re-rolling. pure luck.

Paladins get it pretty easy also, min charisma is 17 so your basicly only rolling your other stats.
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    Kirkor said:

I've played my swashbuckler cleric through the game twice now, shes at exactly 100 also, she has roughly +2 to everything from tomes. She was 88 to begin with.

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited December 2012
    Darkovan said:

Kirkor said:

I've played my swashbuckler cleric through the game twice now, shes at exactly 100 also, she has roughly +2 to everything from tomes. She was 88 to begin with.

I remember I've gone through Vanilla BG numerous times, that I had almost all stats maxed out (25 is max, as far, as I remember). I had also lots of Bhaalspawn abilities :)
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Fredjo said:

But I said FIGHTUUUUHRRR! D:

Edit: And to add to it, you didn't even get 100+!! I am outraged!
    Yeah, I misunderstood the poll... I thought you meant exceptional Strength (and I didn't understand why you wrote '100+')...

I had a Fighter with 18/00, 18, 18, 14, 15, 17, which is exactly 100, but that was after a few books (I can't remember his original total), and I cannot import him into BGEE. :(
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Kirkor said:

I remember I've gone through Vanilla BG numerous times, that I had almost all stats maxed out (25 is max, as far, as I remember). I had also lots of Bhaalspawn abilities :)

Isn't it a bit boring to play the same class over and over again?

And for the topic, I'd go for 90+ for any class.

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Multiclasses seem to be able to get higher rolls because they have higher minimums. Rolling a thief, for example, the highest in hundreds of rolls I saw was 88. Rolling a Mage/Cleric, I have a 94.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    The dice is a cheat at all, if you have a minimum requirement you always get awesome rolls. Try a Paladin..took my 21 rolls to get 94. Looks like it doesn't really subtract the difference from your other rolls..it just adds the missing numbers.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    The way strength works, there's 5 different levels of power at 18.

Raw 18 = +1 hit, +2 damage.
    18/01 -> 18/50 = +1 hit, +3 damage
    18/51 -> 18/75 = +2 hit, +3 damage
    18/76 -> 18-90 = +2 hit, +4 damage
    18/91 -> 18/99 = +2 hit, +5 damage
    18/00 = +3 hit, +6 damage

I consider the +hit more important than the +damage, so I just make sure it's 18/51 or better. In my experiences, it doesn't really matter what your damage is as long as you're consistently landing hits.

I have rolled 18/00 a handful of times before. Got it on a Kensai I planned to dual-class to mage once and that was fun. Also got it on a Cavalier a long time ago, and she managed to max dexterity and constitution as well. Dumb as a brick but I can count on 1 hand the number of AD&D paladins I've rolled with more than 3 intelligence.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    My two most recent characters were a skald who hit 98 (I exported that sucker for re[ab]use!) and a wizard slayer who hit 89. I'd actually rolled a 90 for that wizard slayer but the 89 roll a few rolls later had an 18/00 strength.

Now here's the comedy (always comedy with me): the WS was a half-orc. So I bumped his strength to 19 anyway. image
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

88 total
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Out of 7600 rolls I got 92 as highest (human fighter). Avg. roll: 77,42
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    I feel extremely unlucky compared to some individuals, my highest ever seen was only 88. I realize this is not a Fighter, but Monks aren't too far off (they even get the Fighter stronghold in Baldur's Gate 2). My highest Fighter roll was very close to this as well, but it wasn't in EE.
    EDIT: Then again, I rolled for less than 15 minutes. Is that lucky or average?
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    My fighter has 93 total upon creation. It took me about 6 hours and I think I did damage to my eyes. I put al 18s in STR, DEX, CON, INT, CH and put the last 3 points in wisdom. Stregnth was 18/24. I will dual class him to a mage come BG2 EE. Getting near 100 by not cheating for a fighter is not possible.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    How the hell is it possible to roll a char and have 95 points to spend??? I'm lucky if I get in the mid 60s... is this a trick?
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Ok, new highest for me is a 92 on a Blackguard and it was my third roll. I rolled for a while longer just to see what I could get, and they get ridiculously higher rolls than what I am used to. I know I know, not a true fighter, but they are pretty close.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Daelric said:

How the hell is it possible to roll a char and have 95 points to spend??? I'm lucky if I get in the mid 60s... is this a trick?

I think everyone is counting the total of all attributes. Thus, a character with all 15s would be a 90 point character.