Skip to content

Branwen you minx

When Branwen says "Damn the icicles of Auriz. I'm BORED" I picture her lying under a winter wolf pelt blanket proped up on one elbow and looking at me with an eyebrow raised. There is definitly a 'come hither' inflection in her voice. And you know how those Talus girls like to grind the coffee. mmmmmmm.
MoomintrollalannahsmithCaptRorySilverstarRemorhazSCARY_WIZARDSpace_hamsterBelgarathMTHThe_New_RomanceKenjiPoputtlolien

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Heh. Never actually heard her bored line. Nice to see I'm not the only Branwen fan out there though. Shame she only got that brief cameo in BGII.
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    I Liked her whole story line. Sympathetic from the get-go and she doesn't say foolish things. I just finished w/ Neera and that was like a visit to the dentist between the way her character was written and the wild mage surges. And forget Viconia. Evil twat.
    Sorry, I always have a hard time understanding her as she's screaming into that pillow
    ButtercheesePoputtFlashburnlolien
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    You should check out the BG1 NPC Mod. I think you'd enjoy yourself.

Not out yet for EE, but keep an eye out.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    Branwen lover here!
    SCARY_WIZARDCaptRoryPhilhelmBelgarathMTH
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    IchigoRXC said:

I am pretty sure she is a cleric of Tempus, not Talos.

Indeed, she is a cleric of Tempus, not 'Talus'... and it's Auril (the Frostmaiden) not Auriz. I am king of the nerds, I realize.
    Buttercheese
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114

Sorry, I always have a hard time understanding her as she's screaming into that pillow

Well that can be interpreted a few ways...
    lolien
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    She also has a battlecry: By Vulkans (??) mghty blade!

Harhar =)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited December 2012

Harhar =)

It's Valkur. He is another barbarian god.

Seriously, are they speaking this wierd in the english version? You guys seem to understand all names wrong :/
    AristilliusGrandeCLaccehlolien
    @Splod

Based on alignment, of course.

As I always play Lawful Good, the Maiden always achieves enlighenment before the Sire.
    Splod
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873

Harhar =)

It's Valkur. He is another barbarian god.

Seriously, are they speaking this wierd in the english version? You guys seem to understand all names wrong :/
    Yea, well I am not english, but sadly there is no Norwegian version of the game =)
    Thanks for the correction tho; knew I had the name wrong, but I knew that "Vulkan" was in the same vein.

• State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    She already has a significant other, and he has a strapping buttocks.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Branwen is my cleric of choice. Since I usually play with a good party I can't justify Viconia, and since Yeslick comes so late I usually just skip him.
    SCARY_WIZARDBelgarathMTHPoputt
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37
    I really hope that Overhaul adds Branwen to BG2:EE. She's awesome and would be a great alternative to Anomen for good / neutral aligned parties. I know there's currently a BG2 Branwen mod but I believe it does not add any banter, romance, or side quests for her.
    The_New_RomanceSilverstar
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    It also really helps that they fixed the comments made by neutral characters upon reaching reputation 19 and 20. That used to spoil Branwen and Jaheira for me so much, I always had to SK them to neutral good. Branwen's unhappy comment at reputation 20 especially made no sense.

@davidthegnome, that would be amazing! I wonder if their contract will allow them to bring BG1 characters into BG2? I'd take it, even if they had no new dialogues.

If BG:EE does well enough, maybe WotC and Atari will relax their restrictions, just a little? Come on WotC and Atari, pleeeeeze?
    Aristillius
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Seriously.
    "These are not the actions of warriors born."
    "We've been fighting our way up and down the sword coast! Does it matter we've only been killing bad guys!?" hehehehe
    @belgarathmth

Well, technically Branwen is already in BG2, but only in the tutorial, so Atari shouldn't have any issue with them bringing her into the actual game...

Not postive about this, but I think I read something here about the restrictions placed on Overhaul are mainly that they can't remove any existing content from the games.. If that's true then they shouldn't be prevented from bringing any of the BG1 characters that don't appear in BG2 into BG2:EE...
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Seems they mainly can't mess with existing content; in this case they couldn't change anything about Branwen's current state (her tutorial cameo) or have her interact with the old NPCs... as for adding her to the main game though? Not sure about that one. That would basically be making -new- content, which they are allowed to. Here's hoping. Would definitely like having her in the sequel, assuming she'd be as well-made and interesting as the other BGII companions.
    davidthegnome
    I'd really love to have all of the MIA BG1 NPCs to make a cameo, if not be a potential party member, but Branwen is easily my top choice.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I haven't tried this, but what about adding Branewen to your party in the tutorial and then using the MoveToArea cheat to get into the main game?
    ARKdeEREH said:

I haven't tried this, but what about adding Branewen to your party in the tutorial and then using the MoveToArea cheat to get into the main game?

But that wouldn't solve the problem of no banter, no sidequests, no romance, etc. Like I said, there is a mod that adds her into the main game; but doesn't have any conversations aside from a brief joining / leaving the party comment.