Skip to content

[GUI Mod *Finished*] Recoloured BG:EE skin V1.1

RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Changes the blue GUI to a brown one, this is now hosted over at spellhold studios where you can download the file and see screenshots.

Download here
Post edited by Requiem on
KamigoroshiArchaicLiamEslerAbelDrugarAK47doodlesPaheejXzarviader[Deleted User]geminibrunifridekIllustairlunarrenaakBurfiakBalquomars0124HaHaCharadeCrevsDaak

Comments

• doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14
    Good job it looks nice, more fitting with the style of the game as opposed to the default blue.
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    Wow, nice job!It looks much better than the default,imo.
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Thank you! that is very nice work! And very much appreciated. We cant have too many choices.

Bravo!
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Very cool. Nice work.
    Paheej
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    This is great, thank you!
    PaheejCrevsDaak
  • crowzercrowzer Member Posts: 7
    Very nice !!
    Paheej
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    Thanks for all of the kind comments, I will be releasing an update soon which tweaks some of the very bright colours and adds the correct colouring for all of the chapter screens.

I didn't mention in the first post, but if anyone.wants to use any of the elements of this for any work of their own then just feel free to take them, you don't need to ask, but credit would be nice
    Paheej
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Thats very kind of you. Thank you for your contribution!
    Paheej
  • RolorRolor Member Posts: 2
    This is DISGUSTING.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Rolor said:

This is DISGUSTING.

Don't chew on the screenshots, they're not made for consumption.
    PaheejCrevsDaak
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    Dude, nice job finishing a mod!
    edited December 2012
    Awesome job!Looks much better now.The only thing I noticed is when opening a container (gem bag/scroll case/ammo pouch) in shops the "close container" button is still blue. Also, the bed icon in the innkeeper menu is still blue.Not sure if it was intended to be...
    edited December 2012
    @enoch0o Thanks for letting me know, they were some of the last files i worked on so i must have forgotten to copy them into the upload file, I will sort this when i get home from work, too many screens and buttons to keep track of lol.
    Post edited by Requiem on
    @enoch0o Thanks for letting me know, they were some of the last files i worked on so i must have forgotten to copy them into the upload file, I will sort this when i get home from work, too many screens and buttons to keep track of lol.
    edited December 2012
    No, problem.I can see how it would be easy to overlook these few minor details.Not trying to be picky, just giving some feedback.As before not sure if that's what was intended.

The only other traces of the blue I noticed are in the empty equipment slots on inventory screen,when you open bag/ammo/scroll containers and the "Character Arbitration" screen when you make a multiplayer game .

Also, the parchment looking texture when you visit the temple priests "healing" and "identify" windows doesn't match the other parchment ie,. the donate window or item description dialogue backgrounds.

Thanks again!:)
    Post edited by enoch0o on
    bmcl2343
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Very good job!!
    right @enoch0o all of those things you mentioned have hopefully been sorted plus a few extras, so hopefully this GUI is pretty much done, can properly work on my kitpack mod now!
    enoch0o
    edited December 2012
    @Requiem Wow, thanks for fixing it right up so fast!Glad to help find those last little touches added.It looks perfect now. :)

Cheers!!
    LiamEsler
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Fantastic! I like this better than the new bluish GUI, feels more authentic
    LiamEslerlunarHaHaCharadeCrevsDaak
  • renaakrenaak Member Posts: 8
    Very nice work, exactly how I'd like the GUI to look.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Am i the only one who likes the blue? lol. Brown is so dull on the eyes
    @riolathel I wanted to make the GUI a bit more like the bg2 one because that's the one that's holds the fondest memories for me, I don't particularly hate the blue one, just for me it takes away from the whole baldurs gate feeling, at least if I provide this mod I can give people an option
    Illustair
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Save the brown for BG2EE.

I do like this, though.
  • antisthenesantisthenes Member Posts: 6
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but you can always upload it over to http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/113-bgee-mods/
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    @Requiem. Oh not complaining at all. The more options the better. I personally think it would be awesome if the game included a few other colors like red, white, orange. But that's probably better left for mods and i am fine with the blue.

I won't mind the brown in BG2 and i think it'll be nice to play a game with a whole new color hitting my eyes
  • BurfiakBurfiak Member Posts: 32
    This should be included in the game (as optional). Let someone make a request to the devs. There are a lot of people (including me) who HATE blue GUI and this one is the best!
    I'm really glad that people are enjoying this, it was so tedious to do that I nearly gave up on quite a few occasions lol

@antisthenes I just saw that we had that space earlier today, I will upload it there in the near future

@riolathel @burfiak I would love for it to be included in the distribution, but I don't think the devs would be too keen on it as i've basically just taken all their work and altered it. In an ideal world the GUI colours could be selected in the same way as character colours in game so everyone could have exactly what they wanted, but to reprogram the entire GUI would probably send the developers over the edge lol.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2013
    Hello @Requiem!

You've really done a wonderful job with this mod. Its simple, its beautiful, and quite plainly it works... mostly.

When running the WeiDU Setup file it points to gui/.. which causes errors for me. I was really hoping to get this running with the WeiDU installer as I am currently testing which WeiDU mods work properly on the iPad and advise people on the quirks that may be involved in installing said mods.

Might you take a look at the log and advise?

WeiDU v 23107 Log

\\192.168.1.130\bgee\setup-gui.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 492468 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 194 BIFFs, 34764 resources
    [dialog.tlk] loaded, 4710633 bytes
    [dialog.tlk] 33574 string entries
    [\\192.168.1.130\bgee\setup-gui.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
    ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SHAMAN/SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SHAMAN/SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2 0 1 Installed
    BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2 0 0 Installed
    BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2 0 1 Installed
    GUI.TP2 0 0 Installed

Install Component [Recoloured GUI]?
    [R]e-Install, [N]o Change or [U]ninstall or [Q]uit?
    Removing old installation of [Recoloured GUI] first ...
    uninstall: GUI.TP2 0
    Unable to Unlink [gui\backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "gui\\backup/0/OTHER.0")
    Unable to Unlink [gui\backup/0/MOVE.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "gui\\backup/0/MOVE.0")
    [gui\backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Unable to Unlink [gui\backup/0/MAPPINGS.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "gui\\backup/0/MAPPINGS.0")
    Will uninstall 0 files for [GUI.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [GUI.TP2] component 0.

SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED OLD [Recoloured GUI]

Installing [Recoloured GUI]
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: error loading [gui/..]

Saving This Log:
    ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SHAMAN/SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SHAMAN/SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2 0 1 Installed
    BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2 0 0 Installed
    BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2 0 1 Installed
    GUI.TP2 0 0 Permanently_Uninstalled
    GUI.TP2 0 0 Installed ~Recoloured GUI~
    [bpseries/language/english/setup.tra] has 46 translation strings

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Recoloured GUI

WeiDU Timings
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
    parsing .tra files 0.000
    adding translation strings 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    tp2 uninstall 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
    OUTER_SET 0.000
    INCLUDE 0.000
    parsing .log files 0.000
    process_patch2 0.000
    eval_pe 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
    READ_* 0.000
    loading files 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
    COPY 0.000
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.047
    unmarshal TLK 0.047
    unmarshal KEY 0.062
    Parsing TPA files 0.078
    TOTAL 0.250
    I will have a look at this when I get home, I havent had any problems but will look into it.