Skip to content

Big timer of awesome?

Comments

• kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    @Tanthalas

Thanks, you're right.
    I've just copied & cropped the char pictures from the main picture — quick and dirty.
    lordkim
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    oh god - nxt 48 hours will be spent planning my character and party members for the first playthrough :3
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    ajwz said:

oh god - nxt 48 hours will be spent planning my character and party members for the first playthrough :3

I think you'll have more time to plan your first playthrough, because it seems to be a timer for the announcement. In 48 hours, you will know how much time you have to plan everything.
    The_New_Romancepaulsifer42Opale
  • InsentienceInsentience Member Posts: 2
    Can't wait.
  • Sig9Sig9 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    So is the countdown for sure the release or just information ?
    Post edited by Sig9 on
  • JozapeJozape Member Posts: 12
    Probably just information. They aren't quite finished with the game yet, going by Trent's tweets over the past few weeks.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    It's another countdown timer for the baldursgate.com server to get annihilated.

Those new portraits look terrific. I especially like the way he did the hands on the female portrait. So many of the old portraits have the character's hands up in the frame, and this new one blends in very well with the old ones stylistically down to the way he drew the knuckles. Nat Jones has really found his groove there :)
    kangaxxNathanSanctifer
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Oh yeah!! a new blondie for my party! ;-)
    ElectricMonkSirBuliwyf
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    Half orc barbarian, Sorceror and Monk are my guesses
    lolien
    edited July 2012
    need more coffee...
    seeka
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2012
    Time can only go to slow the next 35 hours...

Come on time.. Move faster!!!
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It's all Einstein's fault! D:

At any rate, noticing that Jaheira apparently got disintegrated off the main screen of the site, I am going to ask now :

imageimage

Same person? I really really hope not. But seeing their quarterstaff handling in a similar posture scares me O_O
    CrevsDaak
    @Cheesebelly I doubt it... they wont change existing avatars of npc's, why even bother?? also jaheira is a fighter/druid and the new NPC seems much more like a sorcerer. and another thing, they just recently recorded a female actress... A VERY WILD guess is that its for the new npc ;-)
    @mch202

I really hope so! I never liked Jaheira. Khalid was alright, but she was always on my nerves! I tell you, she's conspiring against the Bhaalspawn to become the leader herself D:
    lordkimScooterSneakyDumpling
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Jaheira is my woman...poor Khalid always perished early by walking into a slime, or inexplicably charging a hail of arrows, or ambushing kobold commandos all by himself.
    mch202paulsifer42Opale
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    More importantly, the new NPC is yet another piece of grade-A fantasy material, and I am not referring to cloak and dagger...
    seeka
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632

Jaheira is my woman...poor Khalid always perished early by walking into a slime, or inexplicably charging a hail of arrows, or ambushing kobold commandos all by himself.

In my games, Khalid usually dies naked under the violent assault of his dear lover Jaheira. I'll tell you, she seems to pleasure it !

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    damn, can't wait for that next update .. !!!!
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    Anyway, these portraits look great, the style is preserved :) Hope there will be a lot of new portraits for the main character.
    AndreaColombo
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    From what I've gathered from the dev's tweets, there is going to be *one* new NPC potential party member, and that character will have a new class/kit. So presuming the female portrait is that NPC -- the other two may well be new villains? They certainly look grumpy in a villainous sort of way...

From what I've gathered from the dev's tweets, there is going to be *one* new NPC potential party member, and that character will have a new class/kit. So presuming the female portrait is that NPC -- the other two may well be new villains? They certainly look grumpy in a villainous sort of way...

Judging from this conversation:
    geselle said:

We promise to work hard to avoid cocking it up!.

-Trent
    Trent promised not to screw up by overproducing the new NPC.

geselle said:

overproducing the new NPCs.

fixed for you
    I think they are all playable :-)

• KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Right on, the more the merrier! ;)

I was just reading the "decoding twitters" thread, in which there was some speculation that the orc might be related to Gromnir Il-Khan. Sounds like there might be some sweet story continuity here.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    That timer caught me by surprise.
    24 Hours!
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    mch202 said:

24 Hours!

I'll stay awake all night just for the countdown.
    CheesebellyLekian
    kangaxx said:

@Tanthalas They‘ve tried to hide it ;)

Here are the uploads

He needs to brush his teeth.

mch202 said:

24 Hours!

common sense tells me to sleep until late, so the time will pass faster :-)

ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

mch202 said:

24 Hours!

It's a great occasion for a Heyyeayeeyeyeah, Nyan Cat and Trololololol 24 hours marathon! XD

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageFredjo
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Or BG1 fast-run marathon
    paulsifer42CrevsDaak