Skip to content

Do you commit genocide on a scale worthy of Bhaal at the end of the game?

2»

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Of course not. The only genocide I'd commit is against a species of evil and/or savage creatures that the world cannot function without, of course leaving the exceedingly rare exceptions that are Good.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Anduine said:

Of course not. The only genocide I'd commit is against a species of evil and/or savage creatures that the world cannot function without, of course leaving the exceedingly rare exceptions that are Good.

Ever since the Flaming Fist wrecked my first ever Baldur's Gate game back in 1999, I've regarded them and their ilk as the "evil and/or savage creatures" that should be wiped off the face of Faerun and treated them accordingly.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    I don't really see the role playing value in murdering generic NPC that don't even have names.
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24
    alright i get killing innocent children, no big deal BUT COWS!?!?.... how dare you!
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    My character is typically Lazy Neutral, so the most evil he can bring himself to do is refuse quests.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I always thought that committing full scale, sense-less genocide is kind of a cheap way to play evil.
    I earn my evil points the hard way, by doing bad quests, refusing good ones, etc...
    Not by slaughtering random beggars.

As for suddenly snapping before the end of the game (so you don't waste your quest givers before time) and going on a killing spree before the end... I dunno, I never thought about it, but it would still feel out of character, for the character I built up to that point. Even if it was Chaotic Evil.

Plus, unless you're a sadistic, blood-crazed psycho in real life, it's quite boring.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I've always found the Xvart Village encounter to be genocidal, yet you can carry this out without any rep loss even when lawful good, what justification is there for massacring the entire village?
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Best poll ever.
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    if you kill them all who will knee before you and pray to their new god ?
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225

I've always found the Xvart Village encounter to be genocidal, yet you can carry this out without any rep loss even when lawful good, what justification is there for massacring the entire village?

They are xvarts. They exist to be killed and provide XP and loot.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    I didn't think I was a sadistic blood crazed psycho irl but maybe you have a point.
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    Never have but I don't think I like playing chaotic evil. I might do it just for the heck of it with my Blackguard though. Maybe with Drizzt's blades. Maybe I should bring Drizzt's head with me to show him all the children and fat merchants I gut with his Twinkle and Icingdeath? Surely Xzar has a spell just for such an occasion?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Soloing and trying to get my death count as high as possible without reloading was one way I entertained myself with the vanilla version.
    Haven't done it with this one yet.