Skip to content

Imoen and Low Reputation

ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
I was very surprised to find out that Imoen, my bestest of buddies, is no longer cool with being in a low-reputation group. That's all fine and good, she said her dialogue and left the group. Interestingly, she did NOT leave the area as other characters would (and did, in the case of Khalid.) I was able to kill her and take her stuff back, since she just stood there. I tried speaking with her again beforehand, of course, but she just repeated her line.

Current Behavior: Imoen leaves the party at appropriate low reputation but does not walk away. She remains in the area.

Expected Behavior: Imoen leaves the party at appropriate low reputation and acts as any other good NPC would. She walks away, never to be seen again.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe this is intended behavior. Imoen's one of those "vital NPCs", so having her vanish off the face of the earth would ruin at least one plot point in BG2. Keeping her in one place is probably the game's way of ensuring that you have a chance to win her back if you want.

That said, it's a little absurd. But I'm also of the mind that every NPC should have a line of dialogue that says they're going to wait for you at the Friendly Arm Inn, and then they go and wait at the Friendly Arm Inn.
  • ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2012
    Really? I got the impression that she wouldn't rejoin me, since she just repeated her "leaving the party" line...does she rejoin if you raise your reputation high enough again?

Edit: And I don't see how her wandering off is any more of a plot hole than me murdering her in cold blood. ;)
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Yeah, I had Khalid in Jaheira in my evil party totally expecting them to leave the next time I attacked a guard - but Imoen left too! The strange thing is, instead of giving their "leaving the party" dialogue, they gave their "kicked out of party" dialogue. Kind of dissapointing, but I suppose I'll have to recruit Safana instead. Does this mean that in BG2:EE she'll leave your side if you're evil, too?

I'm kind of curious as to what her "leaving the party" dialogue is. Is there some kind of workaround where I can see it, or does anyone know?

And yes, also confirming that she just stood in place after leaving. Strange thing is, she wouldn't talk to me.

Imoen has nothing to say to you.

Intermittently, she will say her line as if commanded to walk, and walk nearby CHARNAME, and then stop.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Aw, what happened to "I'll stick with you no matter what"?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Imeon is the only NPC in BOTH games, who will NEVER leave due to low rep. But apparently in this version she does when you hit the good leave mark. Needs to be fixed
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • TandalTandal Member Posts: 2
    Yes, reputation seems to be having some issues in this game. For instance, while defeating Tazok I received a reputation hit which knocked my score from 18 to 10. Never seen this happen before in the older games.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Tandal You mean in the final battle or in the thief camp?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    I remember when Imoen would leave the party for whatever reasons you could just talk to her and she would ALWAYS rejoin afterwards no matter what rep.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    I was shocked when this happened! Is it a bug or not? I remember I got bored so started slaying randomers in the top of feldepost's inn, and she quit out on me !! :[
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    As I recall she would just leave the party and stand there, you could talk to her when you were done being 'bad' and she would join you.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    It was a suprise as Imoen leaved when I picked up Viconia. She should remain with me no matter what.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Dorn does this: if he is not in your party anymore he wants to join back if you speak with him again. It should be removed from Dorn (his Alignment doesn't allow this bug either), and give this feature to Imoen (her Alignment and her Bio says this).
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Imoen acts exactly as she did in the vanilla game. When your reputation is too low, she leaves the party, but not the area. Moved to Not An Issue.
  • MakeAthkatlaGrtAgainMakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2018
    This used to be the case long ago, for example: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75251-baldurs-gate/50513515
    But several years ago it changed to where she vanishes forever: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41206/imoen-left-my-evil-party-shouldnt-she-stay-where-i-left-her

Both her article on Wikipedia and at baldur.wikia.com still claim she stays forever. Her biography also claims she stays forever.