Skip to content

Big timer of awesome?

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    They should announce the names of the new NPCs. Just the names, nothing else. That would hype me
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    100% ? No kidding ? That's close to impossible methinks, with all auxiliary quests... At most, finishing the core is sufficient and will still take some times ^^
    Cheesebellypaulsifer42
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    @Cheesebelly ill cheer for you !!!!
    Cheesebelly
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited July 2012
    @Medillen : I did a BG walkthrough youtube series. I might not have completed the game 100%, but I was around 95%. 16 hours with my countless rants during videos :P

I am actually a fast player. I've noticed that in Dragon Age Origins. While normal players finished the game in around 150 hours, I did it in 30 XD

@lordkim : Thanks! :D
    MedillenAnton
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2012
    Those timers really should put into the Geneva convention... harder on me than torture ><

The wait time is killing me!
    CheesebellyOpale
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    Exclusive (fake) leak of the answers to the questions!!!

What is BG:EE? BG:EE is a rerelease of the Baldur's Gate RPG series.

When can I get it? Summer 2012

How much will it cost? Anywhere from $3.00-$300.00 USD*

*plus shipping and handling
    seeka
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    @Cheesebelly
    I loved reading that - gave me a few tips and tactics for my next solo run
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @mch202 - I was going to post exactly that, then I finished reading @Cheesebelly's post and saw yours =D
    mch202
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    Nice portraits. And good idea. :)
    More please...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo - Great minds think alike ;-)

as for the Human Sun Soul monk, according to Wikipedia there are 3 orders to selune:
    Wikipedia said:

Swords of the Lady
    One order of fanatic Selûnites is known as the Swords of the Lady, who are often referred to colloquially as the "Lunatics." Its members are led by a few Selûnite crusaders who tend to act rapidly in response to threats from Shar and her priesthood, although their behaviour is often viewed as bizarre by the public at large[who?].

Oracles of the Moon
    The Oracles of the Moon is a group of female diviners who worship the Night White Lady. They perform fortune-telling rituals and are some of the highest bards and priests in the faith.

Pact of the New Moon
    Consists solely of lycanthropes sworn to Selûne, carrying out the most secretive and violent aspects of Selûne's work. Selûne grants these lycanthropes abilities other lycanthropes lack, such as an ability to speak in wolf form, also allowing her followers to invoke prayers and cast spells, rapid shapeshifting and increased strength. Was once declared heretical and anathema for espousing the Heresy of the New Moon but was renewed by Selûne's direct order in a vision to one of her lycanthrope priestesses.

Since our boy is a Male so we can forfeit the 2nd order ( unless he have the girdle of gender :p)

either way, this NPC is either murderous lycanthrope or a lunatic. which one he is???

P.S

SEVEN HOURS

• g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    @Cheesebelly Solo run with a Fighter/Mage? How come I'm not surprised? =P

Cheers, man! Keep it up!
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    @cheesebelly
    I am impressed , I wanna try speed run too .
    Question : don't you ever sleep?
    @odee : I actually slept from midnight till 10 AM! But I think that my lazy self made it impossible for me to complete this challenge in time. Still, I'm gonna try. Completed Cloakwood as I speak XD
    lolien
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    @cheesebelly
    Turn xp cap off - especially if you plan a bg2 run too
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    @cheesebelly
    Err I mean in game sleep
    lolien
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    @cheesebelly you rock !!!!!!
    SneakyDumpling
    Thanks for all the support! I might not make it though, especially if I do Tales too. But hey, it's supposed to be a 24 hours run, not a 10 one! XD

@odee : I actually do sleep quite often. It's like day 90 or something in-game

Anyway, need to take regular intervals of break. Otherwise I won't remember anything!

This was my setup before departing for Cloakwood, in which I accomplished the following :

- Helped Aldeth against the Druids
    - Killed the group of taslois with the cloak of non detection
    - Killed ALL spiders in Cloakwood 2, or better, the one that don't respawn
    - Killed Centeol, recovered dead body and returned it to the boy
    - Didn't lie to the druids : I despise the Iron Throne
    - Killed the wyvern trainer
    - Killed the Hamdryad (or was it named something else?)
    - Killed all the wyverns in their nest
    - Killed the group of goonies in front of the mines. BOOOTS OF SPEEEEEEED!!!

Then I had to go back to high hedge and sold the stuff I didn't need. ON TO THE MINES!

Not plenty to say here. It's just one straight line. Battles were easy thanks to magic missile/fireball/web. The biggest difficulty came from the Battle Horrors, but thanks to haste and mirror images I dispatched them nice and easy. ONWARD!

- Killed most ankhegs in the farm fields
    - Helped farmer Brun find his son
    - Helped priestess of Umberlee
    - Killed zombies in northern farm fields
    - Stole book of dexterity
    - Talked to Marek
    - Killed Marek and took possession of the book of wisdom (killed all priestesses of umberlee... oh well!!)
    - Returned the dead boy from the priestesses of umberlee, got a neat shield!
    - Fought the Maulers of Undermountain (twice for some reason)
    - Got the Helm of Balduran
    - Convinced Ragefast to free the Dryad
    - Killed Ramazith (and looted his tower)
    - Killed dopplegangers at the seven suns
    - Helped Aldeth... again
    - Killed the sewers ogre magi
    - Disintegrated the Iron Throne. 6 arrows of detonation... overpowered XD

Really, not plenty happened. Just experience after experience. Level 8/9 now and am in...

Candlekeep. As I said, with 3 hours to go, I doubt I'll make it in time. Depends on how fast I'll do Werewolf Island (20 minutes should be viable)
    g314ajwzlolien
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Man, it's like I'm watching myself getting old fast! I played this game for a good chunk of my teen years, but you're finishing it in barely two or three days. O.O
    g314 said:

Man, it's like I'm watching myself getting old fast! I played this game for a good chunk of my teen years, but you're finishing it in barely two or three days. O.O

try barley half day.... :p

I'm doing my best to complete it as soon as possible and as much as possible! XD

Still, have some things to do. Here's my penultimate update :

I headed to Candlekeep where I rushed inside the library. Without too much thought, I just destroyed the leaders of the Iron Throne. Then I :

- Looted the catacombs for good (traps disabled thanks to mirror images)
    - Killed Sarevok's team in the caves
    - Cleared the caves of all monsters (spiders & basilisks)

Headed fast towards Baldur's Gate, talked to Tamoko twice, and got captured by Angelo. No biggie, the answer is always 33 XD

- Helped Eltan and saved him
    - Retrieved Sarevok's journal
    - Made my way to the Undercellar
    - Eliminated Slythe and Kristine (no biggie here : haste, draw upon holy might, mirror images)

Oooon to the Ducal Palace!

Same tactic as with Slythe and Kristine, only this one time around, arrows of biting. Poor Dopplies got obliterated in around 10 seconds XD
    Dukes got Sarevok's journal, he attacked, I retailed. Teleported to the thieves guild, it was time for the expansion!

And off to Ulgoth's beard where I :

- Bought Improved invisibilty
    - Helped Shangalar (or was it Shandalar? One's the lich of the Twisted Rune, that I know XD )

- Agreed to help Mendas, which I TOTALLY rushed (just killed the guy of the merchant league and took the sea charts)
    - Rushed most of the wolfy island. Did the flowers and dolly quests, as well as helped good man Dradeel.

It was a matter of time before I was back and killed the Loup Garous

Phew, that took not a lot of time!

Durlag's tower is next. If I had 2 hours of time to play the game, I'd say I'd totally be able to finish it. But be it as it is, I'll have to go to dinner... and that will probably make me fail the challenge XD
    ajwzDiscoCatlolien
    edited July 2012

Durlag's tower is next. If I had 2 hours of time to play the game, I'd say I'd totally be able to finish it. But be it as it is, I'll have to go to dinner... and that will probably make me fail the challenge XD

@Cheesebelly
    If i recall right, the challenge was BG1 fast-run marathon, and not BG1/totsc Fast-run marathon, so you dont have to do Durlag's Tower :)
    Medillen said:

Or BG1 fast-run marathon

@Medillen - Chalenge accepted! In the next 24 hours, I aim to 100% complete Baldur's Gate 1

• SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    edited July 2012
    < !-- "Evil" is a term wept by the weak and the defeated. What have I done? I have cleansed the world of a band of treacherous dogs. -- >

edit, i'm too lazy to fnd out how to insert code
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2012
    Cheesebelly: to my opinion, you've won the challenge if you complete BG1 without expansion before the timer expands, just like mch202 says, that's the challenge you accepted.

Will you do an update for us before the timer completes in half an hour?

awesomely done, BTW.