Skip to content

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
Hmm, for everyone playing FANTASY games, they sure do moan A LOT about it being far to "unrealistic". It's kinda bothering me a little, so now I'm ranting to the Forums (Not trying to intentionally start arguments, though I'm not naive enough to think this thread won't start one) :|

THE FANTASY GAME IS FAR TO UNREALISTIC!!!! >:(

BG is to unrealistic. DoA is to unrealistic. Final Fantasy is to unrealistic. It's a freaking fantasy based game, if everything was realistic we'd all be playing Sims with swords and magic! Why must people never be satisfied with a game? There's being a critic, like myself and then there's being stupidly unreasonable and moaning about every detail. Hope is a sissy, Neera's magic is pointless, Sonic is to blue, Mario always saves Peach, Game's are just sold purely for money (Granted some could well be, I don't truly believe that every game's intention is to grab the money, though). That's how these arguments sound to me. Silly, childish and don't make a hell lot o' sense, to myself.

OH MY GOD
DORN'S BISEXUAL
, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!

No, we can, we did, it's done, get over yourself. If people really don't like Characters having REALISTIC sexualities, then why moan about the game being unrealistic? Surely, the solution is to shut your own trap and just, oh I don't know, not go near the specified character? Or if the game's to "Gay" (Although this character's specific sexuality is actually Bisexual. Just a note for the flamers/complainers) for you, don't play it, perhaps? There are and always will be groups of Gamers, be it Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Pan-sexual etc etc. Everyone deserves an equal bit of their likes/wants in a game, if it can be done. Why must people be so closed minded? It's a sexuality, in a game. What's it doing to you? I don't see anyone moaning because
Dorn's a Half-Orc
, or that he kills people. It's a game,
Dorn
is NOT going to jump out of the screen and
rape
you. I mean honestly guys, it's gotten to the point now where people have started flaming and jumping at threads (From what I've seen) that slightly mention a sexuality. Becoming beyond a joke and faster than bhatika fastpaws! I honestly don't see what the big problem is, myself. If someone, who flames the game for a sexuality, could please step forward and tell me?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK, I DIDN'T GET WHAT I PAID FOR!!!

In my honest opinion, honest, honest opinion, what was not given? Yes, granted, BG:EE has had a slow start, but it's still a very good game, even if some things are still not working properly for some. This matter, though, is quite clearly down to the lack of patience, to me. Things can be patched and fixed, people who expect a game to come out crystal clear and flawless, don't know how a game works. I don't think there is actually a game out there that exists which released perfectly, without a single flaw within? If so, do let me know. I'd buy it, just to shut myself up. Yes, Multiplayer isn't working. But, if you're moaning about that, did you initially check it's still in Beta? Yeah, the game got delayed two or so months, for reasons unknown to me. Doesn't mean everything should still be in full conditional working order, BG1 is a VERY buggy game. I mean, 14 years later it's still a big hassle to get working properly. They are retro games, they're worn out because technology has increased and the games have not. The companies are also restricted, a lot. They're trying their best to fix all the issues, it doesn't help to sass and demand your money back. You are, of course, allowed to do as you please, I can't physically stop anyone from doing anything. It's just not helping the situation, at all. I could understand the above situation a bit more if we received only a quarter/half of BG:EE. But we didn't. We got the full works, excluding Multiplayer for everyone (Again, it's still in Beta.).

There's just no pleasing some people, although in an ideal world I believe everyone would get along and everyone would be happy, but it's just never gonna happen. Purely why it's a fantasize world peace. I just can't understand why people instantly kick up a fuss because something is to their self-centered needs and/or views. People don't make things solely to please one person, they make them to please a vast amount of people, that's how things sell. If we all sold something to one specified person's wants and needs, everyone would live in Cardboard boxes and urinate in the streets. (Maybe a tad of an exaggeration just then, maybe.)

I know my ranting doesn't help, I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience. If it's to rant-filled, I don't it being removed, at all.

ICT~

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    1) Too long, didn't read. 2) Irony. 3) Inbe4 yet another topic about sexuality *rolls eyes* and 4) Bacon. :I
    MedullaOblongataSilyCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2012
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud Isn't bacon a registered trademark from MedullaOblongata? :)
    MedullaOblongataCrevsDaak
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @mlnevese: I just committed plagiarism, then. :p
    mlneveseMedullaOblongataBoozilla
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    I like cookies
    MedullaOblongataRush_that_speaksCrevsDaak
  • egalor_originalegalor_original Member Posts: 92
    I would just prefer an optional non-homosexual patch to the game. This is needed to ensure that I do not trigger the homosexual storyline by accident, which could be harmful for my psyche.

Aww, I forgot, that heterosexuals have less rights than homosexuals. My bad.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    tl;dr
    TJ_HookerMedullaOblongata
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

I would just prefer an optional non-homosexual patch to the game. This is needed to ensure that I do not trigger the homosexual storyline by accident, which could be harmful for my psyche.

Can't tell if serious.
    Icecreamtub
    That's irony on the verge of sarcasm.

That's irony on the verge of sarcasm.

Obviously, but I'm still not sure what you're trying to say, since both statements sound ridiculous to me and they contradict each other.

Either you're serious in the first statement and sarcastic in the second, or you're sarcastic in the first and employing an additional layer of sarcasm in the second. I honestly can't tell.
    Icecreamtub
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    mlnevese said:

@Kitteh_On_A_Cloud Isn't bacon a registered trademark from MedullaOblongata? :)

You are correct. @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud must now suffer the penalty: bacon eats YOU!!¡
    mlneveseBoozillaSyntia13CrevsDaak
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547

So, Homosexual content should be an option patch, but any added heterosexual stuff should not be optional?

Hmm.

@Icecreamtub he's a troll. Would not reccomend biting the bait. :(
    IcecreamtubTJ_HookerMoomintroll
    edited December 2012
    @MedullaOblongata

Either way, I'd like to hear the answer XD Also, in his defence he could just have a really unplausable opinion :o

I've also noticed everyone's only taking notice the bit about Sexuality, again. >.>
    Yeah... His "best" responses are in the Ed Greenwood thread. Hope it doesnt get shut down... The discussions are very good!
    Icecreamtub
    @MedullaOblongata I hope it doesn't get shut down either; It's a very good bit of information and an interesting read and it's also nice when people make constructive debates ;o
    MedullaOblongata
    Regarding the non-sexuality aspect of the OP, "urealistic" in this sort of situation refers more to the suspension of disbelief (or lack thereof) than how likely traveling with a half-orc in real life would be.

I'd consider the central conspiracy plot with the Iron Throne to be realistic. It makes sense to me. Obviously hiring kobolds isn't something that happens in real life, but that doesn't matter.

I'd consider the interaction with "Koveras" in Candlekeep to be extremely unrealistic. Red flags are shooting up all over the place for the player, but the PC has no options to act upon them. It's immersion breaking and the character interaction doesn't make sense. That's what "unrealistic" means, or at least should mean, when talking about something like BG.

Of course, I'm not sure who these people are claiming that BG is "unrealistic" are, so I can't comment on their arguments.
    TJ_Hooker

So, Homosexual content should be an option patch, but any added heterosexual stuff should not be optional?

Hmm.

Is it homophobic if I want to retain my right to avoid participating in gay-themed stories?
    Wiggles

Is it homophobic if I want to retain my right to avoid participating in gay-themed stories?

I had Aerie in a BG2 party with me, and ended up initiating romance with her just by being nice, even though I don't want to have anything romantic to do with her. Does that mean I'm heterophobic or something?

I think you're just being silly.
    MedullaOblongataForseMoomintroll
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    Sexuality again?! Jesus Christ, all this madness started with the friggin romances in BG2. Biggest mistake (decline) !!!
    Can't we just have a game without sexuality/romances? What's wrong with the people nowadays?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    You should've seen this place a couple of weeks before release.

There were sexuality polls and threads everywhere. I am so glad they are (mostly) gone.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Hmm.

Your right to play a heterosexual character is in no way being threatened, seeing as how any potential homosexual romance can be declined. If the mere presence of a homosexual NPC bothers you, then yes, that is arguably homophobic.
    Syntia13Icecreamtub
    Chow said:

I had Aerie in a BG2 party with me, and ended up initiating romance with her just by being nice, even though I don't want to have anything romantic to do with her. Does that mean I'm heterophobic or something?

I think you're just being silly.
    Thanks for the compliment, but I fail to see the heterophobic connection between Aerie and your intent to start a romance with her or not.

gunman said:

Sexuality again?! Jesus Christ, all this madness started with the friggin romances in BG2. Biggest mistake (decline) !!!
    Can't we just have a game without sexuality/romances? What's wrong with the people nowadays?

Go ask people at Bioware and those who introduced gay romances in BG.

Thanks for the compliment, but I fail to see the heterophobic connection between Aerie and your intent to start a romance with her or not.

You're afraid to be homophobic if you'd like to break off your romance with Dorn. I countered with an equally ludicrous scenario.

Just tell him he's not your type. Problem solved.
    Moomintroll
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Chow, careful to get drawn into his "discussion". He seems to be offended by the existence of lesbians and gays.
    TJ_HookerMedullaOblongata
    Forse said:

Chow, careful to get drawn into his "discussion". He seems to be offended by the existence of lesbians and gays.

He is offended not with their existence. He is clearly offended with intrusive promotion of LGBT interests everywhere, and especially now, in games. Worse still, in long-time favourite games.
    Yeah, "Don't drink water. Fish do it in it" :)))
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Aaahaha. Word, MedullaOblongata.

Please make a patch without bird sounds in BG alright? It's sexual, and doesn't belong in the game. :P
    MedullaOblongataARKdeEREHSon_of_ImoenIcecreamtub